Taking Kayfabe too far?

Wolfdemon

The Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla
So in the age of the computer we see many wrestlers,ex wrestlers,show owners and promoters using Social Network sites such as Twitter and fan pages on Facebook (No advertisement intended). You see many rivals talk about each other in a kayfabe manor on these sites like with Bryan Danielson and Miz. Delirious from ROH also has an interesting way he keeps his character on his twitter account and talks in gibberish on his account like his character does. Michael Cole also claims to keep up with peoples accounts on the WWE Universe and their Twitter accounts. So my question is are people in wrestling taking Kayfabe too far when they start using it with social network sites?

Of course not... this is just a way for them to try and get back the IWC fans' minds and let them think it's real. To take the rivalries further and add stuff online, it's making you seem like you two are literally wanting at each others throats. It helps a lot, and can draw more attention to rivalries...

besides, it's one of the things that a lot of local guys have to go through in order to get their rivalry over some more.

I don't think it's taking kayfabe too far at all. That's what kayfabe is. In fact if this is going on it's pretty much the only kayfabe thing left off of tv. With all the shoot interviews and dvds, and of course the internet, kayfabe died a long time ago. If these guys want to use twitter to bring kayfabe back a little I'm all for it. I doubt anyone is going to believe it anyway, but at least it shows some effort. I really don't see why anyone would have a problem with this at all.

No, Twitter and Facebook do operate as advertising tools not just social networks. I dont think Wrestlers are that much different from any other commodity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back