• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

'Taker vs. Super Cena at WM26?

tomcat2k2

Dark Match Jobber
If indeed Cena does move to Smackdown as is widely speculated, you know a "star" of his caliber will not languish in the midcard, he will challenge for the belt and that belt is held by the Undertaker. Does anyone one else sense a big Taker Cena matchup for WM26? And if so, do you think there is anyway Vince will pick Cena to go over on the Deadman? I mean he is the face of the company, the little kiddies they are marketing too right now love him and he's now "super Cena" i mean three pedigrees? Come on!

What do you think of this being a possible main event at WM 26?

Definitely a huge possibility if Cena loses at Bragging Rights, but that remains to be seen. Though I would much rather see CM Punk get the push for WM26.

I am thinking that if Cena loses at Bragging Rights and comes to SD, he will get in the title scene just like that.

Cena vs undertaker at Wrestlemania 26 i think they would have cena go over Taker, since cena is the face of the company. But i would much rather see cm punk get the push into wm 26

but of course i could be wrong

If they have Cena go over Taker at a WM.....he'll NEVER be able to reach a face status such as SCSA or Rock (like their trying to make him right now)...he'll be forever hated by the harcore fans, no matter what he does afterwards...

Pretty much why the dude above me said. If he goes over Undertaker at WM then no matter how hard he tries to regain any credibility he'll be outcast from the wrestling world by true wrestling fans. I personally wouldn't care that much and would get a good laugh out of seeing the shit directed towards Cena afterwards but I digress. I myself don't see this leading up to a WM Cena/Taker battle, maybe a battle somewhere else between them, but definitely not at Wrestlemania. I'm praying Cena goes over to Smackdown and starts fresh. Knowing his luck the first program they'd put him in would be against Boretista. Lmao.

I predicted this as the main event for WM 26 right after WM 25. I always tend to look way ahead to the next mania. This would be an awesome main event. These are two huge stars that never had a run together. They had a minor feud in 2003, but that was long before Cena was a main event player. Things have changed for both. I really think this could be an epic battle. In recent years Taker's streak has been one of the main storylines at mania. Despite his star power and how great the match was, I don't think many expected Shawn Michaels to beat the Undertaker. I don't think Edge or Batista were serious threats either. Cena is the one man that would propose an actual threat to the streak. Many call him "Super Cena." He is always booked strong and to come back from any beating. He is the face of the company in the PG era. He is a logical choice to end the streak. The crowd reaction would be off the charts. You would have the Cena fans cheering him along. I think the overwhelmingly majority would be supporting Taker. All the Cena haters would be terrified that Super Cena would be booked to end the streak. I think the crowd could be a lot better than Cena vs. Triple H at WM 22. With all that said I think Taker should win the match. I can just imagine 70,000 people breathing a collective sigh of relief. This could be a real mania moment. Also the match would have a great build too. Cena always preaches hustle, loyalty, respect. Who commands more respect than Taker? And keep in mind it's fresh too. I really hope WWE goes with this as the main event this year.

Cena wins the WWE title at Bragging Rights and retains until Wrestlemania...Undertaker wins the Royal Rumble and challenges Cena at Wrestlemania....Undertaker pins Cena at Wrestlemania for the title...they have a series of matches and Cena eventually beats Undertaker and regains the title

Selfishly I hope not. If I'm the booker, I make Cena vs. a heel Champ Batista happen before I do Undertaker vs. Cena at mania. Cena vs. Undertaker will happen, it's just a matter of when at this point.

I feel strongly taht Cena goes to Smackdown after Bragging rights, because there is so much there for him to do. Batista is about the most injury prone human being in the existance of all mankind, so if you have a chance to make Batista and Cena happen, you jump all over it. Batista has missed what, 2 manias the last few years, while Taker has missed two his entire career.

So if I'm the booker, Batista vs. Cena at Mania 26, if Batista can stay healthy, and then next year you do Undertakr vs. Cena, and have this generations Hogan/Andre moment with Cena taking out the Deadman and ending the streak.

If indeed Cena does move to Smackdown as is widely speculated, you know a "star" of his caliber will not languish in the midcard, he will challenge for the belt and that belt is held by the Undertaker. Does anyone one else sense a big Taker Cena matchup for WM26? And if so, do you think there is anyway Vince will pick Cena to go over on the Deadman? I mean he is the face of the company, the little kiddies they are marketing too right now love him and he's now "super Cena" i mean three pedigrees? Come on!

What do you think of this being a possible main event at WM 26?

Honestly, Cena won't "languish" anywhere they put him. He's had 6 World Titles, and he's proven that he can more than handle himself in the ring. If he is indeed placed in the mid-card, he will spend his time putting over the mid-card wrestlers as great wrestlers who just couldn't quite beat a multiple time world champion. You know, the way he worked with Miz and Swagger. You don't have to beat Cena to be put over as a more than credible threat, and Cena would prove that week in and week out in the mid-card of Smackdown.

However, as we're working with what will most likely happen, Cena is going to challenge Taker for the WM "Title/Streak" scenario sometime soon. I would like it to be that Cena wins the title at Summerslam. That would give UT/Punk time to move on through WM. To bide his time, I move that we should do what Shocky wants. Give Cena time to feud with a heel Batista. Might as well. They weren't terrible together.

At any rate, Cena moves into the feud picture in time to reasonably win the title at Summerslam. Taker gets rematches until the Royal Rumble. Then, after Cena retains at Elimination Chamber, Teddy Long says something along the lines of "If you want to challenge again, Taker, you're gonna have to put that Streak on the line. If you win at WM, you get the title. If you lose, you can't challenge for the title again...and you lose your streak."

Teddy Long can blame it on trying to show he's a better GM than the returning Vickie Guerrero, and Cena can say "Well...that's just not cool. But they kicked me off of Raw for losing at Bragging Rights last year, now you know how I feel." In fact, to make the streak look like it's in even more peril, you can have the Royal Rumble winner challenge Cena for the title as well. Swagger/Taker/Cena. I think I just had a brain orgasm. Can you have those?

..Or you can just have Cena challenge Taker for his streak as a way to "Make myself at home in Smackdown." Taker will accept, and we'll have the match. That hopefully Cena will lose in order to set up the streak for Swagger to take. It won't be nearly as cool this way, but what the hell.

This would be the biggest possible main event the WWE could have at this point. Sure, the fans will hate him for a month or two after if he wins, but I'd much rather have Cena (who will most likely be around for the next ten years) go over Undertaker (who at the most has a little over a year left in him), than Taker going over Mr. Chain Gang. John Cena doesn't even have to be on Smackdown for this to happen. The best Undertaker Wrestlemania matches have been the cross-brand ones, because you rarely ever see them fight. UT v. Kane, v. HBK, etc. Undertaker has had a big feud with everybody on the roster except Cena, and he's the only one who the crowd would buy ending the streak

Cena wins the WWE title at Bragging Rights and retains until Wrestlemania...Undertaker wins the Royal Rumble and challenges Cena at Wrestlemania....Undertaker pins Cena at Wrestlemania for the title...they have a series of matches and Cena eventually beats Undertaker and regains the title

Actually I think Taker should go in as champion and Cena as challenger. This would make it seem more likely that Cena would win. At the end I would still like to see Taker win, but I want it to look like he's the underdog. The more belivable it is that Cena will end the streak the better the crowd reaction will be.

I honestly don't see the point in giving Cena the rub here. Are his fans going to love him any less if he doesn't end The Undertaker's streak? Are his detractors going to do anything but get more upset if he does? If they wanted to give Cena the credit of ending The Undertaker's streak, they should have done it at Wrestlemania 22, where his win over HHH pretty much established him as WWE's ace. If Cena were to end The Undertaker's streak now, it wouldn't benefit anyone. Plain and simply, Cena is at his peak now; he'll enjoy a few more years of success, but, right now, this is as good as it gets for him.

For as long as I've been back watching wrestling, I've been interested in seeing this match, but only at WrestleMania, and only if the following criteria were met. Taker would obviously still have to be unbeaten, both would go into as faces, probably after Taker won a Royal Rumble. The final one is what would make it interesting. If Cena was on one of his year long reigns, it'd be perfect. Have him beat everyone, Orton, HHH, Michaels the lot, then have Taker win the Rumble. You'd have the unstoppable champion against the streak, both as faces, and it would inspire some discrepancy as to who might win. It should probably be Taker still, as Cena doesn't need the rub really, but it would be better going into a WM match that wasn't a complete foregone conclusion.

I, for one, would love to see WWE Champion, John Cena vs. World Champion, Undertaker at WrestleMania XXVI. I think it would be great as an Inter-Brand / Unification match. I think this would be the only match I could actually see Taker possibly losing. Of course, I don’t think he should lose and have a blemish on his streak. Between now and WM 26, we’re probably going to see 10 Title changes anyway and the thought of unifying the World Titles is more of a dream, but we’ll just have to wait and see.

It's not impossible. No doubt the match would be a draw, they're both big stars and they haven't faced off in over 5 years or so. Plus, if there's anyone who could ever end THE STREAK, it'd be John Cena. I mean, he's not going to end the streak, but he's the one person I believe who could do it.
Plus it seems that Cena won't have many other people to face for the WWE title match at Wrestlemania. They're not gonna repeat his matches with Triple H or HBK. His rivalries with both Edge and Orton are (supposedly) over for good. So unless they're planning to do Batista vs John Cena 2, Undertaker is the obvious.

But at the same time, I still think that Jericho will be facing Undertaker at Wrestlemania 26. They've never had a one on one match, and we know it could be (almost) as good as Taker's match with HBK. Plus Jericho was giving a little hint on Smackdown in his promo with Kane when he was talking about Kane's record against Undertaker.
The set up is pretty much perfect. No one has to turn and they're on the same show. But they might ruin it by having Jericho vs Taker one on one some time between now and Mania, which I hope they don't.

So right now I'm gonna say we're more likely to see Undertaker vs Jericho than Undertaker vs Cena.

I don't see Cena losing the championship before Wrestlemania so there's not much of a chance of a Cena/Taker at Wrestlemania 26. I believe they're setting the framework for a Taker/Jericho match but things could change until then. Cena/Taker would be a good matchup as they are 1-1 against each other I believe. I know Cena beat Taker on his way to facing Brock Lesnar at Backlash 2003 and Taker beat Cena at Vengeance in 2003 and they did face in 2006 but that was a no contest. If the match does happen say at Wrestlemania 27, most likely Cena will lose to Taker if that isn't Taker's last match. If it is, then it is a tossup.

Despite my feelings toward John Cena, I would LOVE to see this match. You can't deny it being a good match, even with Cena in it. And, i'm no Cena fan, but he is really fun to watch in person. I went to Bragging Rights 09 and he did great. TV, not so much... Anyway this match is the last one yet to make an impact. Probably the two biggest faces in the company going at it. Even though Cena didn't move to SD, I still hope this match happens.

st there is no way vince would pick cena over Taker simply becausethe real reason people watch WM is for Undertaker's streak and if that were to end I would never watch WM again. I think the main event of WM26 will be Taker/Orton again for the WHT of Taker/some heavily pushed by the creative team new comer.

st there is no way vince would pick cena over Taker simply becausethe real reason people watch WM is for Undertaker's streak and if that were to end I would never watch WM again. I think the main event of WM26 will be Taker/Orton again for the WHT of Taker/some heavily pushed by the creative team new comer.

"The REAL sole reason people watch Wrestlemania is because of Undertaker and his streak?"

Are you actually being serious?

You don't think that people really watch Wrestlemania because of John Cena, Triple H, Randy Orton, Edge, Vince McMahon, celebrities, .... or plain and simply the fact that the show has the "Wrestlemania" name attached and that it is the biggest show of the year for the company?

Rather, none of that are REAL reasons why people watch ... instead it is solely because of Undertaker and his streak that people pay over $50 to see?

Interesting. Needless to say, I don't agree.

I can not imagine anyone paying that kind of money to tune in to see Wrestlemania solely for Undertaker's streak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back