Tag-Title booking heading into Wrestlemania

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Last night's Raw got me thinking... Perhaps the WWE should have Kozlov and Santino drop the Unified Tag Championship to Harris and McGillicutty. In turn, Nexus could enter into a cross-brand fued with Slater and Gabriel resulting in a match for the titles at Wrestlemania.

I am of the opinion that, considering the logic of a Nexus/Corre showdown, this match-up would present the most relevant and intriguing WWE Tag-Team Championship match that has taken place in sometime.

Harris/McGillicutty V. Slater/Gabriel is the type of match-up that could easily be set-up in a way that wouldn't seem pointlessly thrown together like most of the WWE's tag-divsion clashes, and could be good for the viability of the division heading into the company's biggest PPV.

Does anyone agree? Disagree? Or have a better idea for how the Unified Tag Titles should be booked heading into Mania??

Honestly, nobody cares about the Tag match at Mania. It's always been a letdown. I can definitely see it happening however. But I can also see a 4-way tag match with Kozlav/Santino vs Nexus vs Corre vs Uso Bros

Wrestlemania hasn't had a good tag team title match since WM 19. And that barely got any time anyway.

They could care less about the tag title match. And if its Santino and Kozlov, it would last 5 minutes.

Nexus vs Corre would make sense, but you'd need a face team in there. Two heel teams wouldn't work.

One thing that I could see happen is Santino and Kozlov going into Mania as champs. I believe it would happen, but the team that they would face would be a winner of a match between the Nexus and Corre. The Nexus and corre teams have a match to see who will face the current tag champs at the time. It could be part of the buildup into mania for who's going to have the stronger team after it.

I don't see a problem with Santino and Kozlov holding the WWE Tag Team titles till WrestleMania. The tag division means nothing at this point and it's not a bad idea to let two popular lower midcard faces hold the title. They will most probably have the first match on the show and the presence of Santino and Kozlov will get the crowd pumped up.

I don't see how a Harris/McGillicutty V. Slater/Gabriel match will be a huge thing. Both factions are heels and so the crowd will not get behind any of them. I do not think that a heel vs heel match is the best way to generate crowd interest.

I like Papa Pillman's idea. Last night loss by Santino and Kozlov really makes me think that their time as champions is about to come to an end. I think that having McGillicutty and Harris as champions could bring some excitement to a tag division that has been on life support for some time. Also, a feud with Slater and Gabriel could produce a series of great matches, cumulating with something awesome at WM, maybe TLC.

I agree that the Tag division is almost nonexistent. But I keep hope that one day Vinnie Mac will take out the defibrillator paddles as resurrect it.

TLC would be a massive mistake for 4 inexperienced wrestlers to take part in. One or more could be seriously injured or compromised as a result.

I think the best thing we can hope for out of this is a Tag Team Turmoil match, Corre and Nexus, Santino and Kozlov, Usos, DiBiase and Bryan, maybe a cameo for a legends team in there too like Duggan and Slaughter or if Goldust is nearer to fitness but not quite there, why not bring Booker back for the night?

i'm attending mania and would love to see a solid 10 minute tag match, and i don't really care who is in it. i would rather not have the corre and nexus battle just yet. i feel like that is something that could stretch out for some time and end up culminating at survivor series.

I would enjoy a tag team turmoil match. Gabriel/Slater, McGillicutty/Harris, Santino/Kozlov, maybe they could even book Henry and R-Truth together as a team.

Clearly, it's not Dudley's vs. Hardyz vs. Edge & Christian, but tag teams can still be relevant, given more match time and promo time.

I like the idea of Mr. Perfect Jr. and I. R. S. Jr. winning the WWE Tag Team Titles and then defending them against Justin and Heath. What I would add is make the WrestleMania match a four way Elimination Match.

Otunga and Ryan vs. Harris and McGullicutty vs. Garbriel and Slater vs. Jackson and ?? I think a good partner for Jackson would be Chris Masters. Why not??

I agree that the Tag Team straps would only add to the Nexus vs. Corre feud, and getting them off of the comedy duo isn't a bad idea either. But at what end? Let's say Harris and McGillicutty win the titles... Odds are that they'll only be defended once or twice, and they won't matter at all. The Nexus and Corre will dominate the scene, and the tag belts will be nothing more than extra sugar to sweeten the Wrestlemania pot. Maybe Santino and Koslov are a comedy duo. Maybe they are constantly making the already pathetic tag team division look ever more childish. But at least the belts are defended every once in awhile. You put them on Nexus and I'm not sure the division would really get any stronger. The way I see it, Harris and McGillicutty are already in the spotlight because of their place in Nexus. Without those belts, odds are Santino and Koslov disappear.

I agree with Mike. The E has always had about only 1 or 2 dominant tag teams around at a time in recent history. Now that they're adding the Corre and Nexus into the mix, all the other tag teams will die off. Corre and Nexus are strong enough right now without the titles.

I think that match will probalby happen as I read Harris and McGuillicuty were getting a shot in the near future. So I see them winning and facing Slater and Gabriel for the tag titles at Mania if not before then. I wouldn't mind seeing this but I could think of something better. All four of these men should be involved in a bigger elimination tag match between Nexus and Corre, so I was thinking to keep the belts on Santino and Kozlov and have them take on the Uso's for the Tag titles at Mania. Tamina could then screw Santino and Kozlov out of the victory and would once again be with the Uso's. I think the Uso's have tons of potential and with Santino and Kozlov being a popular tag team, that outcome would get the Uso's more heat. Tamina could just say she used Santino to get the Uso's the tag titles.

I think that match will probalby happen as I read Harris and McGuillicuty were getting a shot in the near future. So I see them winning and facing Slater and Gabriel for the tag titles at Mania if not before then. I wouldn't mind seeing this but I could think of something better. All four of these men should be involved in a bigger elimination tag match between Nexus and Corre, so I was thinking to keep the belts on Santino and Kozlov and have them take on the Uso's for the Tag titles at Mania. Tamina could then screw Santino and Kozlov out of the victory and would once again be with the Uso's. I think the Uso's have tons of potential and with Santino and Kozlov being a popular tag team, that outcome would get the Uso's more heat. Tamina could just say she used Santino to get the Uso's the tag titles.

This is a really good idea, and it's what I was hoping would happen last month when Santoslov faced the Usos. I would rather see the Usos with the belts than just about anybody. They're a great team with a lot of skill, and since the WWE broke up The Hart Dynasty (stupid, stupid, stupid move) they're all that's left when it comes to actual tag team ability. I love that assisted Samoan Drop!

To be honest, I'm surprised and a little disappointed we haven't seen a good triangle feud with the Tag Champs being inter-brand. Slater/Gabriel v Harris/McGillicutty v Santino/Koslov would be PERFECT for this...

"[war/ominous music]The war between Nexus & Corre fits a fever pitch with only two men in the way... [record scratch] Vladimir Koslov and Santino Marella?"

It'd elevate everyone as you'd have the team-rivalry going for Neo-Nexus and Core with the (not entirely bright) defenders of good trying to avenge the WWE. Hell, even looks-wise, this writes itself. Husky & McGillicutty look like heels... Santino and Koslov look kinda goofy... and if you showed me a picture of Heath Slater & Justin Gabriel, I'd peg them as faces, maybe tweeners. These are exactly the roles they should play...

Man, you kinda got me jazzed for a WrestleMania triple threat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back