Tag Teams that should be?

Most of you are missing the point. The best tag teams were the ones who had a common theme: Edge and Christian: So-Cal clowns, the Hardy's: high-flyers who looked like punk rockers, World's Greatest Tag Team: elite athletes, Headbangers: heavy metal fans, Cryme Tyme: gangstas.

There is no point and I mean no fucking point in lumping two wrestlers, who have already been established as singles wrestlers, in a team. It's just stupid. Look at MVP and Mark Henry for instance. What reason do they have to be teaming together - because they're black? Apart from that I can see NOTHING that these two have in common. Just because two wrestlers are heels or they are both faces it does NOT mean they will make a good tag team.

The majority of tag teams in the WWE are missing that common element that lifts them above being just a regular tag team that'll do for a couple of weeks to being a team that you just can't imagine could ever be apart.

It's pointless saying stick Chavo with Carlito or the Miz with Jack Swagger because people already know them as singles wrestlers. The WWE has to forget about trying to make band-aid tag teams to hold the division together for the short-term and focus on restructuring it for the long term.

Is there any reason why the WWE can't debut a tag team? Instead of lumping two singles wrestlers with nothing in common together, bring up some unknowns from the developmental roster and give them an obvious reason for being together, a credible backstory, attires that are at least semi-congruent and a decent name (I, for one, am sick of the laziness the WWE has in naming tag teams, who the fuck would want to cheer a team called 'MVP and Mark Henry', the BEST tag teams have their own team name).

You can't fix the tag team division by filling it with pathetic teams. Sure, Chris Jericho and the Big Show are doing a decent job at lifting it out of the rut it's been sitting in, but when they split up (and they will), what then?

Back in the day you could do that. problem is right now the tag divison in WWE is so disrespected it is almost imposible to get people to care about a new tag team where the fans dont no any of the guys. Look at Hawkins/Ryder they actually had the making of a good tag team but people didnt care because they were a tag team. Same can be said for the Highlanders people didnt care so WWE quickly turned them into comedy. I am sure their were a few other tag teams like this is the last 4 or 5 years but they were so meaningless i already forgot them. I do agree with you that the two guys need something in common. MVP/Henry works in my opinion because Mark Henry was suposed to be Jerichos partner or at least Jericho thought he was going to be. Well we no what happened. Then MVP got into a feud with Jericho but Jericho kept getting the better of him because of show. Well out comes Henry to help, now they have bonded and became friends so leaving them as a team would make since. I agree that Miz and Swagger doesnt work. Miz as a charachter has a huge ego. He just left a tag team that was world champs. The break up of Miz/Morrison was basically they wanted to see which of the two was better. Miz going back into a tag team with anyone would be like admitting defeat and make him look weak. Anyway storys are built tag teams dont have to start out togther but their does need to be a story to bring them togther. In my opinion the greatest and most underated tag team ever was Arn Anderson/Tully Blanchard. They were both well established singles wrestlers and had even been singles champions. They were brought togther by membership in the Horseman so they worked. I also liked the way WWE put Rhodes/Dibiase togther they should use that formula again in the future.

This is why I think ECW should be the Tag Team Show. Tuesday is basically the televised developmental show, so lumping two “New” ECW Stars from FCW could be believable. I am for Stars starting out in the Tag division. It doubles the amount of exposure for the new talent in half the time. It is okay to keep the ECW Title there for the Top ECW Star and maybe two Challengers, but the rest of the roster should all be Tag Teams. That would really put the division on a respected level again.

I POSTED THIS ON JUNE 15th, 2009 Some of these guys are no longer with the company, therefore- they wont make sense. But most of this is still in play

06/15/09------------------------------------------------------------

I just wanna see real tag-team wrestling come back PERIOD! Remember all the tag teams from back in the day? No need to name them all off...they actually stayed tag-teams for a LONG time! Now tag-teams are broken up after a year to "see of they can make it on their own" and then when they cant, most are released and some just get lost in the shuffle.

I hope vince brings back the "TBK is lookin for a partner" angle and goes with it. Chris Masters? The "The Drew Mcintyre" thing makes sense too. Just give him a partner dammit!! Keep the Colons (i dont think they'll seperate anytime soon) Reform the "world greatest tag-team" and KEEP them as a tag-team. Also theres Cody and Ted: Who do VERY rare appearances as a actual Tag-Team!

Heres a few ideas for some tag-teams that I came up with for RAW:
1. I like the idea of Kendrick and Mcintyre (not my idea- but good)
2. If Chris Masters is coming back...team him up with Santino. Make it as if they are old friends and Santino brought him back for them to become the best tag-team of all the times! Santino as obvious mouthpiece.
3. Let Jamie Noble become Festus' new handler...and slowly take the "bell thing" away from Festus. Maybe Noble becomes his "teacher" and teaches him how to talk? Of course, its a must to go back to thier "redneck roots" Thats when Noble is at his best!
---This would give RAW 5 legit tag-teams, when u add the Colons & Priceless. 4 if u consider the champions: should be "all-brands"

Now SmackDown Ideas:
1. We already have Cryme Tyme and I would put Benjamin and Hass back together perminately as WGTT.
2. Jimmy Wang Yang and Funkai are turned into Ninjas or Samarais. Could be corny...but it cant be booked that way. They lurk in the shadows back stage, attacking people. We wont even know it is them, cuz they should be totally covered. In another attempt to keep them legit and not corny: I would also like to make thier mouthpiece: former TNA'er James Mitchell
3. Bring Kaval up from FCW and team him with Ortiz. Make them a "LAX" type of team. Not much more to the idea, I just wanna see Kaval on TV!
---OK so theres 4 teams for SmackDown

ECW is more difficult but I did come up with a few thoughts:
1. We already have the Hart Trilogy
2. Somehow get Regal over to ECW and team him with Burchill. I know its been done before, and it can work when done correctly. What else are either of these 2 gonna do but carry tag-team straps? Probably nothing...
3. Bring up Sheamus O'Shaunessy from FCW to team with Finlay. Make him Finlays nephew or something like that. And he wants to help his "long lost uncle" out, for everything that he did for him back in Ireland, after Sheamus' parents died when he was young.
4. Start teaming up Hawkins and Ryder again. HOLD-ON...hear me out! Soon they start acting "darker" or more "Raven-like" scrubby and dirty, just hangin in the "bowels" of the arena. This needs to be done slooowly, not fast. Commentators start asking them questions but they get no legit answers, just meaningless ramblings. Then they start talking about "him". Mentioning a mentor every-now-and-then. Sooner or later- "the mentor" shows up and its Jake Roberts! One of if not the best "sticks" in the business, during his time!!
---Thats 4 more teams for ECW

Now- I dont know how this all plays out. with a couple people switching brands and a couple more moving up to the "big leagues". Im also bringing in some "managing talent" that I think WWE is missing these days. Dont know if all are plausable, but they are just ideas

Please feel free to let me know what you all think about the ideas. I wanted to start my own thread about the lack of good tag-teams in WWE rightnow, but apparently im not worthy enough to start my own topics. I dont quite understand that, but whatever...rules are rules!

I probably left out somethings i wanted to explain a bit more, but this is getting excessive! HAHA...

The chances are we will never have a tag team division like we used to in the days of edge and christian, the hardys, the dudleys, the acolytes etc... however there is a chance to get it going again a lot of people have come up with the tag teams we could have now.

Jericho and Big show- Dont think this will go on for too much longer. I personally think Jericho will push for singles titles again in the future.

DX- They never seem to go on for too long but with these in the tag division I dont see why they couldnt stay together but like Jericho Triple H pushes for the singles titles and its inevitable he will beat Ric Flairs record of world titles so this may not work

The Hart Dynasty- Talented and with all the credentials to be the top tag team of the brand. Trained by the best and it shows.

Cryme Tyme- Dont see them ever working well as singles competitors but together they are a good tag team to have in the division. They remind me of the acolytes with the scamming backstage.

Primo and Carlito- If these two were to reunite they honestly remind me of the old day hardys they are energetic and move quick across the ring. They would be a good aquisition.

The Hardys- The likelihood is Jeff will return and fight for singles titles but i dont see why this tag team couldnt reunite.

Legacy- Obviously WWE is looking to push this tag team and i dont see why not. Personally dont like them but they talented wrestlers who can easily become the number one tag team if a new tag division was made.

Santino and any heel- I think they need a new team like the rock and sock connection or goldust and booker. Santino would be the obvious choice to take the mankind/goldust role he is comical and would love to see him with a serious heel just to see the chemistry.

Batista and Rey Mysterio- Could happen but too focused on individual titles.

Ezekiel Jackson and Vladamir Kozlov- I could see them going far after Kozlovs original stint of being unbeaten he seems to have been thrown aside as a major competitor so maybe with jackson we could see some real potential again.

Edge and Christian- Probably gonna happen again and like many of the others mentioned i think the would be focused on individual titles however if christian is drafted to raw or smackdown i dont see him being used as a major competitor so maybe the tag titles would be his best shot.

Mark Henry and MVP- Im liking this partnership and they could be dominant so maybe if they decide to stick together they would also be part of this tag team division.

The tag team division is sooooo needs saving in the wwe right now. For anything to work they need to put credibility and tv time into developing the division. When was the last time you see the tag titles defended at the end of raw? It basically comes down to the management pushing the division.

I think we can all throw together some wrestlers and make creditable teams. In my eyes it’s more trying to make an ‘explosion’ on tv.

I say run a tournament and offer it to everyone on all rosters as well as stars from outside the fed. Put some known teams with new teams as well as bringing back some older stars. For example Ric Steiner and Animal? Hall and Sid? Sandman and Sabu?…. Don’t shoot me down but you get the idea :) Im not saying they need to win but it would be a good way of building some stars already on the roster and give the older stars a much needed pay check. If done right the fans would go nuts too.

The semi finals and final could be at a ppv event. Obviously throughout the tournament you can build other feuds with single stars (put together in the just for the tournament) – You could also have teams upset because they were ‘cheated out of the tournement’ etc – Imagine the possibilities.

Let me know what you think?

You are all wrong, what we need is a divas tag team like natalya and beth. Lets face it, if wwe think we'll swallow swoggle and his tadpole splash constantly defeat fully grown men, why not have divas take them on as well?:lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back