Tag Team Revival

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
So, I've been thinking about the supposed tag team revival. 'AirBoom' is a great team, but it seems almost makeshift. McGillicutty/Otunga is perhaps the best team in the WWE (I could be wrong.) If Miz and Truth become a true team, that could help. If the ROH guys come in, this division will get significantly better, but who else can the WWE bring in to help this dead division?

Personally, I think they should hire:
Deuce and Domino
Carlito (or bring up Tito)
Perhaps maybe Psicosis and Super Crazy (takes care of a major need)

And they should form these teams:
Reform Hawkins and Ryder
Show and Henry (obvious Show heel turn on Kane)

This gives them 8 solid teams (and 1 who will dominate). What do you all think, though?
:shrug:

U forgot to mention the USO's (Jimmy and Jey) plus the team Of The Great Khali and Jinder Mahal btw.

Id like to see a lot more of kofi/bourne aswell as otunga/hennig (i cant spell micgilicutty mostly cause its the dumbest last name ive ever heard), the usos sparked an interest in me when they first started so id like them to keep tagging, bringing in the Kings of Wrestling will hopefully greatly help the division being an already established successful tag team(though the casual fan will be unfortuanetly none the wiser), If there still is talk of the young bucks joining WWE then that would not only help the tag devision but also the possible returning cruiserweight division. Miz R Truth is a team id love to see. They are both very entertaining and both are above mid card ranks but not quite back in world championship range at the moment. Hawkins and Ryder would be great to see again though I dont really see much excitement with Curt "The Party Starter?" Hawkins. In an ideal world Id Mark more the Henry if beer money and/or motor city machine guns came to WWE

It's going to take work to rebuild the tag division but saying that, it's not imposible. There is some good ideas going about and wwe have options bourne & kingston just aint it, am i the only wwe fan who is not sold on these two they bore and bug the sh!t outta me but what ever. But theres better options even go outside the company and bring people in even if for a couple month to get the tag divison started off again, I like the idea of ryder and hawkins getting back as a tag they have held the belts b4 have a gd relationship in and outside of the business even bring tht big o guy of ryders youtube show as there enforcer/body guard put the belts on them.

How about Jinder Mahal and Alberto Del Rio, they're both rich snobbish aristocratic characters, they could even expand on the Million Dollar Man and IRS' tag team name, Money Inc, and become Money International

'Air-Boom' are there for the kids, pure and simple. High flying, happy smiley faces.

'Awesome Truth' are looking like an interesting team. I don't know how far they will go with Miz and Truth as a team, because Vince holds such high stock in The Miz, I doubt he will want him in the midcard for too long. But they could definitely have a good run with the belts for a few months.

'All-American Perfection' would be an amazing tag team. I could definitely see Swagger and Ziggler being a great heel team that could carry the division for a long time. I see them as having the potential to be WWE version of Beer Money.

Kane and Big Show are a no thrills 'big man' team, nothing special but they get the job done in the ring and work well together.

I would like to see Hawkins and Ryder back together because I always liked them as a team. Ryder is desperate to get on TV and Hawkins hasn't been on TV all year so this would definitely make sense. A fun babyface tag team with heel potential.

Otunga and McGillicutty are the most boring team I have ever seen. They need to 'future endeavour' Otunga as quickly as possible, then give McGillicutty his family name back and put him in a team with Ted DiBiase as 'Fortunate Sons'. All that family history and legacy and they don't use it, why??? Makes no sense.

How about Jinder Mahal and Alberto Del Rio, they're both rich snobbish aristocratic characters, they could even expand on the Million Dollar Man and IRS' tag team name, Money Inc, and become Money International

Awesome Idea. I am really digging the Money International and both of thier styles would match up very well. They would be a new spin on Money Inc. and the demographics would be all over the place.

I say the KOW , USOS, Airboom are a good start. But some of the lower talent need should get pushed to the tag team division. Carlito and Tito for example. If you add in THE AWESOME TRUTH [ Miz and R Truth ]. Then you have a great division and didn't need anyone from TNA to do it.

I read a rumor that WWE was looking at the Briscoes. If they did, then WWE Overnight would have the best Tag Division given the above teams have chemistry and another true tag team would elevate the division to main event status.

What the tag team division is missing is actual tag teams, rather than two singles guys they throw together in the hope they get over, I mean can anyone name the last tag team to hold the belts that where actually a proper tag team? Actually debuted as a tag team and went on to secure the belts? Because I cant, thats not to say you cant put two singles guys together, it can work but in the back of your mind you know that unless they get heavily over they will go back to the singles ranks at some point. For me the current teams lack the chemistry that makes all good and great tag teams except maybe the Usos

Some other have said the comments and I will concur with them. Don't bring to single together, go out and buy them. Go get Hass and Bengy, Go get the New age outlaws. Go get Mistico and team him with Sin Cara. Now if you want to build on the talentless part of the roster.
Alex Riley and Jack Swagger = Blue Chips
Brodus Clay and Kane = Vengeance
Santino and Big Zeke = Cobra Commanders ( Just kidding)

You have to take a good guy on the mic and add him with a talented wrestler, that is why Miz and Morrsion worked well together.

All it takes is someone pulling the trigger in the head office and the tag team scene will be revived. The talent is there, it's just a matter of giving them the time to progress as a team and make the division better. The teams I see are:

Air Boom - champions
Otunga and McGillucutty
The Usos
Miz and Truth
Ryder and Hawkins
Show and Kane - when they return
The Kings of Wrestling - whenever they decide to pull the trigger
Primo(not Carlito who doesn't work for the WWE anymore) and Tito Colon
And..wait for it
Richie Steamboat and Bo Rotundo (my favorite two FCW Superstars)

I know that's grasping at straws, but if they can do something similar or remotely close to this, the tag team division could shine brighter than it ever has.

air boom vs awesome truth will eventually happen
otunga & mcgillicutty will be fueding with jerry the king
the usos and then an outside team and an fcw team should fued for #1 contender....
young bucks feuding with booker and winning matches vs santino an whoever will actually put them over quick

swagger ziggler and a-ry will be fights for the us title so they wont be a team,
im surprised hawkins hasn't been cut, what does he do all week?

How about the team of Wade Barret and Drew McIntyre.They need to do something good with Wade after his horrible loss to Cena , and Drew has not had a quality storyline in months.Plus they worked together before.

Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre could work. They are similar in build and ring style. I think they want to see how good Wade can do on his own right now. It would be a great team though.

-Air Boom - no shit.
-McTungaCutty - no shit.
-Curt Hawkins & Brodus Clay - Would work perfectly.
-Kings of Wrestling - no shit. but i can tell theyre not gonna have that name.
-Primo & Tito Colon - would make me care about Primo.
-The Usos - no shit.
-Drew McIntyre & Dolph Ziggler - Chosen Perfection?
-Seth Rollins & Richie Steamboat - talented young guys.
-Tyson Kidd & Heath Slater - eh. maybe, maybe not. theyd hafta make it work.
-Not Conspiramiz because they should be like Rated RKO, top tier tag team. going after main eventers.
-Jinder Mahal & The Great Khali - could be good. Jinder needs more ring time though.

Its not that the wwe cant have a great tags team division. It more that they chose to uae more time on other storylines. so this make us less interested in the whole division. if they would throw a good program showing the titles mean something, then just a belt to make u look like u belong there. its awful they need to make heel teams and face teams. make teams that are at the top and bring in other jober teams to push the more over teams. you cant have the same 4 teams fight all the time. you need to mix in easy get over matches like wcw and wwf did befor. come on how many time did the vianos 5s win or the police team there or even renagades or w/e they were. its just what u need to do mybe someday they will learn.

Air Boom - not to sure about them being a tag team, but i mean they both could work.
Henning & Otunda - Def are one of the best teams right now, they are giving them a chance to shine which is what they need.
Choosen Perfection - would be an awesome team .. both are very talented but could work awesome together.
Awesome-Truth - they could work but need a different name. just my opinion.

The only way to revive the WWE tag team division is to bring in new teams, whether they be from ROH, New Japan or TNA. The two team that I would love in the WWE would be the Young Bucks and Beer Money.

In the ring the Young Bucks remind me off they Hardy boys when they started off. But on mic they're so much better, they've got that cocky edge to them that I love and they're a great co-hesive unit.

Beer Money on the other hand are known world wide because of the hard hitting tag team offence. To me they are the best tag team in the business right now, and if WWE could get hands on both of these tag team it would be a great boost.

Now for the best tag team in WWE now. I want to say The Awesome Truth but honestly The Miz belongs on the main event scene. A good idea would be The All American Perfection, because they're two of the best mid carders and the name just has a great ring to it.

I like most of those tag teams, but Regal and Striker? I mean really?...really?...really? For me they're way too old and that couldn't keep up with guys like Sin Cara.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back