T! N! A! The Whole F'n Show!

smfiscus1

Occasional Pre-Show
WOW! TNA dominated Raw this week. Was it because the Raw superstars were stuck overseas? Maybe...but that's something that's being discussed in a different thread. This thread is to point out all the things TNA did right this week for a change that, IMHO, put them ahead of Raw regardless of what Raw had originally planned. This is why I believe this:

1. RVD vs Jeff Hardy = AWESOME! We've seen this match before but it's always awesome.

2. Return of Samoa Joe. Albeit unexplained, he came back in a very bad ass way!

3. Sean Waltman wasn't there. :) The 1-2-3 Kid was cool, but X-pac and 6-Pac REALLY annoy the crap out of me. He's like a twelve year old kick boxer with a beard...it's just weird and he bugs me...moving on!

4. RVD vs AJ Styles = DOUBLE AWESOME! This has been a dream match for high flying marks for a LONG time!

5. RVD = Whole F'n Show and NEW World Champ! Not to mention...kind of looked like a bit of an ECW reunion near the end there...How awesome is that?

TNA really delivered on Impact this week. I don't care what WWE had planned for Raw, TNA squashed them THIS week, regardless of what the ratings may or may not say. (I haven't seen them yet) I hope they can keep it up because if they start to get more people to watch, THEN and ONLY then will we have a new Monday night wars. But I like the way TNA is moving. This week, they won me over a little bit more.

TNA really took advantage of Raw superstarts being stuck in Europe, they saw the opportunity and they went for it. Very clever and iMPACT was an awesome show. I think Samoa Joe wasn't supposed to return tonight and RVD may not have won the title ifit wasn't for the Raw crew being stuck in Europe. In the rating for this week, I still expect Raw to win, but TNA put a hell of a show on.

The fact that 99% of the Raw roster was stuck in Ireland due to the volcanic ash spewing all over European airspace and Raw itself having to be rewritten at the 11th hour are major factors that have to be taken into consideration at least. Does that automatically mean iMPACT! wouldn't have been better this week? Nope, but we'll never know.

However, I wouldn't get my hopes up too high just yet. TNA is notorious for being unable to sustain momentum after putting on a great iMPACT!. They put on a great show, went all out January 4th and the air was let out of their sails quickly. They move to Monday nights permanently on March 8th and stack the card before going down hill again. I've resisted the urge to go and read any of the spoilers for the iMPACT! tapings for this Monday's show, so we'll just have to see. All the stars from Raw and Smackdown will be on hand this Monday for the WWE Draft. There are no guest hosts to potentially drag the show down, Raw will be on for 3 hours. If TNA is able to sustain the numbers and level of performance they had this past Monday next week, I'll have to admit that I'll be impressed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back