Swine Flu

Actually I'm feeling alot better today. My neck was stiffer than a 2 x 4 earlier for some reason, but my congestion has cleared up a bit and I don't feel like a frail 90 year old woman anymore. Just a pretty shitty cold I guess. I rarely get sick, so it sucks when it happens.

I can find you some H1N1 if you've got the money....

Barosa, I once got into a fist fight with a man at a bar over whether or not Columbus discovered/founded the US mainland. Don't fuck with the history buffs. That'll be our new stable. Shadow of course shall be involved.

I may have it. That, or a terrible cold. Either way I'm fucking pissed. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I probably won't be able to taste anything because of all this congestion.

Thanks God, that was quite nice of you to do for the holidays. I can't even taste this cough drop.

Well, at least you have that to be thankful for. I hate the taste of cough drops.

I once got into a fist fight with a man at a bar over whether or not Columbus discovered/founded the US mainland.
Leaf Erikson (and his crew) was the guy who actually discovered it first wasnt he? IIRC he named it Vinland.

And Swine flu is absolutely shit compared to the other pandemics that happen every so often. spanish flu killed more people than WW1. In the developed world nobody who isn't old, young or broken (i.e. the people with shit immune systems) have dies of it. For all intents and purposes H1N1 flu is just the normal kind a few months early, and now we're vaccinating against it.

Fun fact, the word vaccine comes from the latin Vaccus, which means cow. This is because the first vaccine (that didnt use the live virus) was for smallpox, and was done by innoculating you with cowpox. The virus now used to vaccinate against smallpox (which is basically only used on members of the army stationed in the third world) is the Vaccina virus. That fact wasn't fun, was it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back