SVR 12 now called WWE 12

MinistryofDeath89

CM Perfection
In my opinion this is a stupid name to change a good titled video game. If you where too change a WWE game have some creativity and imagination like ( WWE New Age Wrestling or New Age Legacy etc) I heard rumors that they are crapping everything that was in the last Smackdown vs Raw game and making everything new. Im hoping there putting in the GM mode back in.

What are your thoughts of the WWE changing the name of the SVR game???

i think it is a good idea because they arent doing bragging rights anymore so there is no more smackdown vs raw anymore so that is why they changed the name

I do like the name change. It makes the game sound better if your telling a non WWE fan about it. It goes with other sporting games such as FIFA. I hope they bring back certain stuff like GM mode and get rid of other stuff like WWE Universe mode but that might just be me.

I think "New Age Wrestling" is a terrible name for a WWE related video game... The Smackdown vs. Raw series has run its course completely, and it's about time they tried something new instead of repackaging the same game with a different roster (ALA Madden, MLB, and all other sports games) year after year. I remember when they finally did away with the "Smackdown" series and came out with the first SVR game. It was groundbreaking and completely different, but still had all the fun of the previous games. It had its issues because it was the first of its kind, but those are issues they've played around with over the past...6 years? 7 years? WWE'12 won't be perfect, but it will be a step in a refreshing direction. The control system worked perfectly for "WWE All Stars", if they fine-tune it to a more technical demographic, it'll take us back to the glory days of wrestling video games... I'm talking No Mercy, WrestleMania 2000, Here Comes the Pain glory days... And the small things like being able to interrupt an opponent's move takes us away from all the pre-set animations and more towards a flowing style of in-ring action even more similar to what we watch on TV. I'm hoping for a HCTP-esk story mode, the return of GM mode, and maybe some actual animation for the Road to WrestleMania mini-stories. And maybe just maybe...the crowd won't look the same way it did 10 years ago.

In my opinion this is a stupid name to change a good titled video game. If you where too change a WWE game have some creativity and imagination like ( WWE New Age Wrestling or New Age Legacy etc) I heard rumors that they are crapping everything that was in the last Smackdown vs Raw game and making everything new. Im hoping there putting in the GM mode back in.

What are your thoughts of the WWE changing the name of the SVR game???

First of all SD VS RAW goes as far back as 08 it's about time for a change. Second the GM Mode is just stupid & that's why WWE Stoped it. Think about Teddy Long is the only real Gm in the WWE the other is a F%$king Laptop.

Do you really wanna play a video game as a Laptop ? What they had going for them was Design a Belt & put it online against Other Players. That was a fun Idea.

I think your just over reacting Games change for the better with time like a fine Wine, it only gets better with time

I'm torn on the name change. Smackdown VS Raw has run its course and a fresh title is cool. With that said, I don't like "WWE 12." It just doesn't sound right...

I am excited that the engine is new and we won't get the same gameplay as the previous versions. It was growing VERY stale and repetitive.

WWE '12 is a great name. SmackDown vs. Raw isn't snappy. WWE '12 is to the point and it may seem more accessible to non-wrestling fans if you don't mention the name of the brands.

They can call the game anything they want, as long as I get my Universe Mode, I'm good.

But seriously, the title is kinda weird. They should've at least gone with 2K12 or something to make it relatable to other sports games. the whole "2K" thing is more recognizeable than just "'12", and is sure to get more media attention (some would claim dat WWE is stealing the whole 2k format from "real" sports and it will generate interest, at leats for a little while).

Do you really wanna play a video game as a Laptop ? What they had going for them was Design a Belt & put it online against Other Players. That was a fun Idea.

Actually, yes, I think that would be pretty cool as long as you could effect the story lines and have a much more natural flow to them I think it would be awesome. I wasn't that big of a fan of the previous GM modes either, though.

They can call the game anything they want, as long as I get my Universe Mode, I'm good.

But seriously, the title is kinda weird. They should've at least gone with 2K12 or something to make it relatable to other sports games. the whole "2K" thing is more recognizeable than just "'12", and is sure to get more media attention (some would claim dat WWE is stealing the whole 2k format from "real" sports and it will generate interest, at leats for a little while).

They don't say Madden 2k12 anymore.. It's just Madden '12. I think NBA is the only one that still uses "2k," and even though it's one of my favorite games/franchises, I think it's a little redundant to actually use the "2k."

Sounds like WWE '12 will be pretty cool and I am liking the name change.

Thanks for correcting me, but still SD VS Raw has gone stale. GM Mode was terrible. What is the point of playing a wrestling game if your not going to play as a wrestler ?

Teddy make what two apperance's a month & Raw is a laptop that no one cares about anymore. it is a failed storyline & no one revealed as the Raw GM will be a surprise since even Kelly Kelly was Susspected as the GM.

I won't spen money on a game unless I read the review first, And if you end up as a Freakin Laptop in GM Mode I Ain't buying it.

Its a great idea.. The original Smackdown! Games were where it was at.. Ever since the SvR series game out the games have been garbage.. with exception to the first one and the second one wasn't too bad either.

Im happy they've finally dropped the SvR series.. Maybe now the wrestling games can become great again.

And yes i agree, WWE 12 is rather lame.. but it needs something new. those SvR games have been pathetic.. Only good can come from this change.

What is the point of playing a wrestling game if your not going to play as a wrestler ?

Honestly the last SvR game I purchased was 2010 and there were only so many storylines you could do, if I remember correct you could do "Road to Wrestlemania's" as a CAW, Edge, John Cena, Triple H, The Undertaker and one of the Divas. I seriously disliked being so limited. I missed the old Smackdown games where you could go on the Road to Wrestlemania or Career Mode and be whoever you wanted. The GM mode would've made a nice addition as something extra to do before running out of options and eventually putting the game on the shelf permanently.. or trading it out at GameStop.

Teddy make what two apperance's a month & Raw is a laptop that no one cares about anymore. it is a failed storyline & no one revealed as the Raw GM will be a surprise since even Kelly Kelly was Susspected as the GM.

So it did finally fail? Sorry, didn't get the memo.. or watch the RAW.

Like I said, I wasn't a huge fan of previous GM modes either. My dream "GM Mode" would be to have full control. In an ideal game a wrestler would literally say or do anything you wanted them to do and by "say" I mean verbally, not with subtitles. It would be so awesome to have full control over story lines. Of course that would be almost impossible to pull off, but like I said, "ideal."

I may be in the minority but I love the way WWE all stars looks and plays. I was hoping that they could just use the All Stars engine in Smackdown vs Raw 12 and just tone down the crazy stuff. It could have been the best game since No Mercy.

Raw's GM storyline has failed by that I mean No One Cares anymore. If the Raw GM is revealed will it be a big deal ? And the GM Mode was lame because you had to micro manage every little detail & was over kill to get the feel of being a GM.

I forget which game it was but you could make a Belt Increase it's prestige & Value & even put it online agains other players, but ended being buggy when belts were deleted when you tried to upload them so the idead was dropped.

Actually, yes, I think that would be pretty cool as long as you could effect the story lines and have a much more natural flow to them I think it would be awesome. I wasn't that big of a fan of the previous GM modes either, though.

They don't say Madden 2k12 anymore.. It's just Madden '12. I think NBA is the only one that still uses "2k," and even though it's one of my favorite games/franchises, I think it's a little redundant to actually use the "2k."

Sounds like WWE '12 will be pretty cool and I am liking the name change.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't games titled ie: nhl 12 & nhl 2k12, completely different franchises?

But I think the name change is great, the games in recent years have gone completely downhill. I'm hoping they'll remake the interactive Career mode. The road to wrestle mania is so boring. And having to walk to the ring is stupid. I hope the game is more UFC based, the first UFC game takes a shit on any of the recent SVR games, and that's saying something.

Reactions: TSG
I would be alright if they had just shortened it to SVR '12. But WWE '12 works for me, as long as its a good game I don't care what they call it.

I hope in universe mode they let you set up things to your liking, like say if i wanted to replace superstars arena with the ecw arena I could set that to where it already appears on the schedule and I could give the show assigned titles like the ECW belt and cruiserweight that would have a ranking system. Also I would have the ability to put the US title on SD or the IC belt on raw and things like that, total customization. Also they need to let us set who goes in what division shit cause im sick of trying to turn Christian into a main eventer lol.

Wow, New Age Wrestling? Really? That is an absolutely horrid name for any wrestling game. I wouldn't even know what to expect from that.

As for the name change, it's long overdue. Smackdown vs Raw was of course the evolution of the original Smackdown series of games for Playstation. I think the reasons that the developers gave for the name change are spot on...there's no reason to emphasize Smackdown and Raw being at war. It doesn't happen on the shows, they've scrapped the ppv that they only did a couple times, and it doesn't even happen in the games. I think WWE '12 is an excellent name. It tells you all you need to know about the game to be excited. Just think of some of the other sports game titles...NCAA Football, MLB/NBA 2k series, Madden NFL, UFC Undisputed...all short and to the point which is all that's really needed. The name isn't what sells these kinds of games, it's the content. The name should be a basic reflection of what the game is a WWE wrestling game...simple enough.

My question is, does it really matter? The people who buy and play SVR are the same people who have been playing SVR. They could call it whatever the hell they want to call it, it will still sell exactly the same as if they called it SVR.

The biggest thing about this is if they change the game to the point where it actually gets worse. I don't know about anyone else, but if they are trying to make it more like older games, like Day of Reckoning(which I personally thought sucked donkey balls and was soooo much of a cheaters game) or like any other older games, it could most likely be for the worse. The gameplay is the only thing that really matters. Take NBA Live for instance, they changed the name of that, but it doesn't matter if the game is crap.

As far as my hopes that they actually keep, I hope they expand on the Universe mode. I don't really play RTWM that much because lately, they've been predictable and linear. But Universe mode has soo much potential, if they fix it some and make it more customizable.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't games titled ie: nhl 12 & nhl 2k12, completely different franchises?

They could be, I was really just referring to NBA and Madden specifically. I know there is NBA2K and NBA live or action or whatever the other is. Either way, the title Smackdown vs. RAW I always felt was pretty limiting.

And having to walk to the ring is stupid. I hope the game is more UFC based, the first UFC game takes a shit on any of the recent SVR games, and that's saying something.

I always liked, at least at first, seeing how good the entrances are, you can always skip them if need be. I think that's a big part of what makes a game good, just imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back