Survivor Series Does Ok

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
The preliminary numbers for this year's Survivor Series ppv show that WWE's November ppv tradition did 240,000-250,000 buys. While not exactly a massive number, it's more than the show did last year and at least the buys for this show didn't decrease.

Promotion. That's what earned this show a larger rating this year. Last year, outside of Team Orton vs. Team Kingston, it was one of the worst build-ups to a PPV I've ever seen, there was practically no attempt to push for people to buy the PPV. This year on the other hand, we had a HUGE storyline going into it with Cena and Nexus. People were really wondering what was going to happen. Would Cena turn? Would he screw Orton? Would he screw Barrett? Would he call it down the middle? Would someone cost Cena his job? These were all questions that people wanted to see answered and that's why the figures up.

I guess it helps putting the career of your top draw on the line.

Survivor Series this year definitely had a lot more than last year to offer. There were some great potential on the card, and I think that's what helped it pay off this year. And of course like FunKay mentioned, promoting the whole thing also helped it quite a bit.

I can only say that I hope this will be a continuing trend for WWE. Because as of late they've most certainly put on some great Pay Per Views, hell the entire year with exception of Over The Limit has produced some fairly good to great Pay Per View shows. And I don't see this stopping any time soon, so I can only hope that the Pay Per View buys increase with time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back