Survivor Series: Champion VS Champion - Seth Rollins VS Shinsuke Nakamura

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
This is the third match announced for Survivor Series and, thus far, the third of a series of champion vs. champion matches.

Unless Dean Ambrose interferes in this match, I fully expect Raw to make a clean sweep of these matches with Rollins going over Nakamura. This is partially because of how generally hot Rollins has been throughout 2018, partially because he's on Raw and partially because Nakamura has not been used particularly well, overall, since hitting the main roster, even as United States Champion.

As with the other to champ vs. champ matches, this has the potential to be a lot of fun, but is ultimately a throwaway match that has no real ramifications for anyone involved.

I still don't get the appeal of Nakamura beyond his intro but if they give this enough time it could be good to great. Seems inevitable that Ambrose will interfere and cost Rollins the match but there may be some good stuff beforehand.

The most interesting thing about this match is how they book Rollins on this show.

If you look at the current champions, you have the whole Rollins & Ambrose as tag champions that you can play with.

You could have Rollins and Ambrose wrestling the bar where Ambrose just leave Rollins wrestled the entire match and then he's weaker for his match with nakamura which is why nakamura wins the match.

That's I would do if I was them but you could also have ziggler and McIntyre win the belt back on raw and just have Ambrose cost him the match at survivor series.

Either way, I feel it will be a good match and probably a good showcase for nakamura who as been pretty much lost in the shuffle since he won the US title.

I still don't get the appeal of Nakamura beyond his intro but if they give this enough time it could be good to great. Seems inevitable that Ambrose will interfere and cost Rollins the match but there may be some good stuff beforehand.

I think Nakamura is overrated as I haven't seen him demonstrate any sort of ability, charisma, move set or whatever in New Japan that he hasn't utilized in WWE. I like the guy, but he's another one of these "Japanese wrestling gods" that Uncle Dave has hyped to an absurd degree due to his love of Japanese wrestling and the hype has only grown thanks to his various disciples among the dirt sheet writers and those fans who treat his opinion as if it was wrestling holy scripture.

Personally, I do like Nakamura and enjoy his work overall. He's different in a lot of ways and I feel he could've been used better, especially if WWE was going to put a championship belt around his waist as it's a major pet peeve of mine to see titles and title holders misused or, in Nakamura's case as champ, barely used at all.

This should be a dream match, but considering how dead in the water Nakamura's momentum is, it's hard to get excited.

I want to believe that maybe Shinsuke had an injury that they managed to keep from leaking, but that would be a horribly convenient explanation as to how they've snuffed out the forward momentum of his US title run.

Shinsuke needs the win here more than Rollins, who could even lose clean here and stay hot. Logic would dictate Ambrose being an X-factor here.

I hate that Rollins and Ambrose haven't been shown with the tag belts. Neither brought them out on Raw and Seth didn't bring his out during Crown Jewel. It's kind of burying the tag belts. We've had partners who hate each other in the past, and they've been proud of their belts.

Odds are they lose the belts on Raw soon so Rollins can focus on Shinsuke and the new champs can face The Bar. Though Rollins and Ambrose facing The Bar earlier in the night, then Rollins having to face Nakamura later would add an interesting wrinkle to this match. It would also protect Rollins in a loss to Nakamura.

They need to rebuild Shinsuke's momentum and get some heat back on him. Have Nakamura run through some beloved faces on Smackdown. Rey or New Day could easily sustain some losses.

This should by all means be a great match, it's just the United States Champion has little momentum going in and has barely been on TV since winning the title. Rollins will stay hot no matter what and the Ambrose feud will easily see to that. Put Shinsuke over clean on Smackdown in the build then put some heat on him after some W's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back