Surprise Of The Year

What Is The Surprise of The Year In 2012?

• Brock Lesnar Returns

• D-Von In Aces and 8's

• Brodus Clay Is The Funkasaurus

• The Rock Wants The WWE Championship

• The Rise Of Daniel Bryan

• Sheamus Vs. Big Show Is A Good Match

• CM Punk Clotheslines The Rock, Turns Heel

• Sheamus Wins The World Title In 18 Seconds

• Austin Aries Wins World Title

• The Rock Beats John Cena Clean

• Ryback

• CM Punk Turns Around And Sees Ryback

• Paul Heyman Drives CM Punk's Car

Results are only viewable after voting.
Punk's heel turn at RAW 1000 was out of no where. He was in the midst of successful run as the second most popular face in the company and then all of a sudden one clothesline to The Rock and suddenly becomes the most hated wrestling villain going today all within a blink of an eye. A great ending to what was in my mind easily the best RAW show of the year.

Even tho by the time he returned, every body knew he would...if you look at the big picture here, Lesnar`s return is the biggest surprise of the year.

For me it was the alliance of Punk and Heyman. Punk is arguably the best on the mic in WWE, and then they put him with one of the best mic workers in the game, being Paul? To me as a reaistic surprise I guess you can say, its my top choice. Lesnar was obvious and Devon, well, to put it frank nobody cares about Devon.

You know what, the more I think about it, the more I'm liking Brodus Clay is the Funkasaurus. That moment came from utterly nowhere. I mean NOBODY expected Brodus to do that and I remember it left me and a number of other well known forum members utterly stunned. That and NorCal's subsequent reaction was amazing.

Not surprised to see Lesnar's return is winning. Can't really argue with it either. I picked the rise of Daniel Bryan because...well...it's just a big surprise really. He's come so far over the course of the past 12 months that it's just a shock.

Without a second thought, it's Sheamus and Show having a good match. Best one-on-one match I ever saw that involved Show. And after 13 years in the WWE?

I think the award so go to a single event, not a rise of someone.

Punk clotheslining Rock wasn't as much as a surprise for me.

Lesnar returning was a mark out moment. No body expected it.

I was not really surprised by Sheamus-Show being a great match. I was expecting it to be good, but it was better than my expectations.

Rock beating Cena clean, that too with just a Rockbottom, was the most surprising moment of the year. The face of the company lost to a former wrestler.

The biggest surprise has to be Lesnar returning. I imagine most people didn't think we'd be seeing that guy near a WWE ring ever again, guy was probably set for life and doesn't care much about the biz any way. Why he returned exactly still eludes me, hence why I think he wins this award.

Sheamus/Bryan 18 seconds was a shock. I got up to piss and grab a soda during Bryan's entrance, and I missed the damn match.

Rock beating Cena clean was a surprise too, but it was the Rock and it was in Miami.

Brock's return was no surprise at all. People were chanting his name before he came out.

That left Brodus for me. They had been hyping his return for 5 or 6 weeks. Then they announce he is making his return and instead of
[YOUTUBE]whuNb0LN-JE[/YOUTUBE]

we got
[YOUTUBE]WIpDl_C5JwA[/YOUTUBE]

No one saw that coming. No one could have predicted it.

A lot of worthy nominations here. I loved Big Show versus Sheamus but I can't see anything beating Brock Lesnar's return. It was the perfect setting, the night after Wrestlemania, in-front of a smark Miami crowd, starting off with John Cena right from the bat, the entire thing was mark-out worthy; and as few will remember, I did indeed mark-out all over the forum. Brock Lesnar's return gets my vote.

There's about 3-4 there that deserve to win but the one im going for is Lesnar returning. I wasn't near my laptop between mania and raw the next night so hadn't heard any rumors about lesnar showing up. When his music hit i just shouted "holy shit" and marked out for the next 10 minutes.

the entire thing was mark-out worthy; and as few will remember, I did indeed mark-out all over the forum. Brock Lesnar's return gets my vote.

Your dog ever recover from that F5?

Just a little note but I think although it was overshadowed by the return of Lesnar, Heyman's return should be on here. Completely unpredicted.

D-Von's was a huge surprise. I was speechless, however it wasn't necessarily a good surprise but rather a "that's it?"

Bryan's instant overness was a great surprise especially when he got chants during Rock, Sheamus and John Cena segments(And Cena then promptly tried to take credit for it).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back