superstar of the year??

I'd reluctant to pick the miz because well, people like to question sheamus' run at world champ. I'm sure there were a few occasions that Miz didn't even defend his title at a PPV, I can't really call that a run..

First off, I'm glad you put that out there.

Like he said about his title reigns as US Champ, The Miz never really defended his titles.

Now since this is about 2010 and not 2009, I'm not gonna say anything about Miz's matches as champ in 09. But in this year, he rarely defended the US Title and his matches with MVP for the US Title were used as filler matches at the Royal Rumble and Elimination Chamber. Other wise really the only other title defense he had was him losing the belt to Bret Hart 3 MONTHS LATER!:wtf:

Then when was the Unified Tag Team Champ with Big Show, they defended the belts twice before losing the belts to the Hart Dynasty.

And when won the US Title for a second time, he defended the title once in 3 months (against R-Truth at Fatal 4 Way...in JUNE) before losing the title to Daniel Bryan at Night of Champions (in SEPTEMBER).

With that said, The Miz only seemed to have long title reigns only because he RARELY defended them. He in no way should even be in the running for Superstar of the Year as he was no champion, just a guy who possessed the belt.

I'm going to say Kane. From being regulated as SmackDown's lovable jobber to dominating Smackdown and his older brother. Miz, Orton, and Cena all had great years but Kane held the World Title for 5 months straight. Defending it against Mysterio, Edge and Taker three times. Beating Undertaker 3 Times is big enough on its own but the matches he faced him in were No Holds Barred, Hell in a Cell, and Buried Alive. All specialties of the biggest legend in the business and all times Taker was dominated in the end.

Not to mention defeating Edge at Survivor Series. Coming into that match Edge had all the momentum. He just jumped from Raw, he captured Bearer and had Kane going crazy. But in the end Kane beat his ass.

No one consistently dominated the rest of the roster as much as Kane has the last 5 months. He has been the monster everyone has been waiting for. Add to the fact that a majority of wrestling fans were convinced would never win a World Title and would retire by the end of the year. He proved everyone wrong and not only got out of Taker's shadow but is beginning to cast his own shadow that the World Champ's for the next year or two will have over them, because he set the bar high with this title run.

I think It should be Kane or Orton or The Miz.

The Miz - has had great 12 months of his Life,since winning the Us Title Last Oct!NOw he's the WWE champion.

Orton - Its Amazing the Reaction orton Generates Despite Playing an Evil Heel last year Heading into WM25.He Won the WWE championship Beating Former Champs like Cena sheamus Y2j And Edge @ NOC!He has managed to Stay at the Top Position Through out the Year.

Kane - Beating Taker 3 staright Times?Who gets to do this.Kane and Orton were Champions at the same time.Kane has done what The miz has i.e WIn MITB ,cash In and become a Champion!

But i Believe WWE will take the Orton V The MIZ storyline ahead and give the Superstar of the Year to one of Them,Im guessing the MIZ!

While i don't agree with LNS08's pick, i'm more inclined to follow his line of thinking regarding accomplishments off screen as well as on screen, and for that reason, i'd have to pick Miz. (Although to be fair, Chris Jericho's SOTY win in '08 was more or less based on his ring work and nothing else, so.....)

Forget US title reigns with fuck all defenses, forget MITB wins and NXT Pro titles, the guy has been putting himself out there like a workhorse and promoting, promoting, promoting non-stop. The guy is working his way to trying to be what Cena is already, the face of the WWE, and if he keeps at it the way he has done so far, he probably will be one day, and personally, i think Vince will want to acknowledge that by giving him Superstar of the Year 2010.

To me it's either got to go to:-

Sheamus for:

A) Winning the WWE title again
B) Putting HHH out of action
C) Winning KOTR

Or Kane for:

A) Longest WHC reign since HHH's a while back.
B) Longest title reign as the result of a MITB win.
C) Dominating SD ever since returning to the brand.
D) Defeating the Undertaker 3 PPVs in a row, which no one has ever done. E-V-E-R!

But personally i think it's going to Miz for:

A) Constant public appearances and promotional work for the company.
B) Consistantly improving ring work
C) And an all round great year

And seriously, Orton? For what? Winning the title once? Ooooooooo, give that man a wing in the HOF........ for fuck sake. And don;t give me any bullshit about his shitty face persona either, it's exactly the same as his heel persona except he doesn't beat up the faces or have some 20-something douchebags stood behind him non-stop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back