superstar of the year??

leemurf

Suck It!!!!
hello everyone i was just thinking about this and i didnt see an existing thread so if there is i apologize

anyway the 3 hour slammy award edition of raw is in three weeks and the biggest award is the superstar of the year. Last year there was a mini tourney to decide who the superstar of the year was and the four superstars were taker cena orton and punk and cena beat ortron in the final to become superstar of the year 2009. Now this year there was a decline in star power, hbk and batista left or retired and hhh, taker, cena, punk and orton will miss the slammeys due to injury or storyline (orton might be back who knows)

so with all the big names gone who do we have
miz who cant really be superstar of the year beause he only had 2 goo nights
sheamus who took out hhh and had a bad title run
barrett who will probably get beak out star of the year
morrison who did fuck all
kane who had a decent run and took out taker
swagger who had a horrible run
edge who is very over but didnt do much yet

so anyway who do you think the four nominees should be
would you prefer to c a tourney or just give it out
and who will be the overall winner

I agree with Barrett getting Break Out Star, my personal top 4 this year (excluding current storyline/injury) are:
1. Orton (i know he's injured but it's not long term): Orton has really proved himself to me this year, he is a worthy champ and probably the best champ in 2010, he defended it 3 times with two of the times stacked heavily against him (Nexus) and definitaly the best RAW superstar this year.
2. Kane- I agree with you that Kane has been unstopable this year, i have been shocked when he beat Taker 3 times in a row, he is a great wrestler and i think it's time he stepped out of his brother's shadow, a definate contender.
3. The Miz- Definatly has the best ProMo's in the WWE, i think he is a great heal, however i feel as if he isn't quite ready for the WWE title yet, but when he regains it (whenever that may be) i think he would have earned it the 2nd time round!
4. John Morrison- My outsider, i don't agree with you that he has done fuck all becuase i feel he has, he may not have won any championship's yet, and that's a big yet! he is the best entertainer the ring in my opinion, his parkor style of wrestling is brilliant and fascinating to watch!

My personal best match of 2010 has to be (and this is going to cause some dispute): Orton vs Sheamus at Hell In A Cell, Orton was fantastic and really showed me that he is the best Superstar of 2010!

I completely agree with hello_im_average_23 on his first 3 - Orton, Kane, Miz. Orton really proved himself as a worthy champion this year and got more over with the crowd than he's ever been. Kane had the best year of his career arguably... the guy is still WHC.. give him credit! Beat Undertaker in what? 3 ppv's straight? And as much as I despise the Miz, you have to also give him credit. HUUUUUUUGE year for that guy.

The last spot I guess would be between Barrett, Sheamus, Otunga, Morrison, or Bryan.

Yeah I'm going to score this year for orton. I mean come on, fluke or not. it isn't easy to go from top heel to top face in the company by doing nothing other than fulfilling your gimmick. He was good at the start with legacy and his little kofi feud and then against legacy and turning face where either either side could have turned, he was just the better side at doing his job in the end.

The whole time from him beginning to turn face through mania getting more and more and more popular, everything he did in the ring I found very exciting frankly. I got really riles up when he would start his whole powerslam, backbreaker, rko routine with the clotheslines.

The only other guy who i think had had a great year in comparison to other's standard is kane. He went from zero to 3 consecutive PPV victories over the undertaker. He delivered great promos at the beginning of the story and proved that all of his time outside the main event scene didn't rust him up one bit. Has looked every bit deserving in beating taker when he did because of his physical fitness and has held the worlds title for a deserving how ever many months and looked like he earnt it. His steam has slowed a little when going into feuding edge but nevertheless, all of his accomplishments made me really proud of the guy who we all knew needed a run before he ended his WWE career.

The other two guys would most likely be Cena because you couldn't have a tournament without him in it but not taker this year,a nd not because of the losses. His promos weren't great, his matches were worse, he has reached the other side of the hill and is only going down from here. Last mania for his sake.

So as I was saying Orton, kane, Cena and hmmm........maybeeee....... I can't call the last guy, you could toss it for sheamus, del rio maybe even bryan because he has actually had a hell of a year. I'll wait and see but for me this year belongs to either orton or kane depending on who you are, I'm pretty split.

May someone please explain how they pick Superstar of the year?

If it is a choice that the WWE fans make my most logically answer would be Cena because of how much respect and love he gets from the kiddies.

If I were to pick it would be Sheamus and thats not hard for me. ( unless Orton would be there then he would get my vote) Sheamus for the most part has been dominating Raw had alittle off month but after KOTR he looks back in shape and ready to destroy the rest of the locker room.

My Superstar of the Year Award winner:

Michael Cole.... Yes you heard me correctly...

Why exactly?? Because it will give him even more heat. He already claims to be the new "voice of monday night raw". Well imagine if the WWE gave him this award. He'd be ramming it down fans throats over the air waves, and in arenas for ages! I stand firmly by my decision that WWE will use this to elevate Cole into an even bigger heel than he already is. Flame all you want but if you think about it, this makes sense. He attacks King, preventing him from winning, he has been pushed down our throats as this heel announcer who apparently is in the "good graces" of the GM for whatever reason and so on and so forth..

Superstar of the Year Michael Cole.

Michael Cole isn't a superstar though, he's an announcer. He will probably win announcer of the year or something, but I don't think he is even eligible for Superstar of the Year.

It's gonna be either Orton, Miz, or more likely Kane.

The Miz.

Since last year's slammy awards, he has done numerous amounts of good for his career. Let's take a walk down memory lane....

October 15th, 2009: Defeated Kofi Kingston on the RAW after Hell in a Cell to become United States Champion for the first time.

Bragging Rights 2009: Defeated John Morrison in an IC champion vs US champion match.

Survivor Series 2009: Captain of "Team Miz" who defeated "Team Morrison".

February 8th, 2010: Teamed with Big Show and defeated DX(c), and The S.E.S. to become Unified Tag Team Champions. This also made Miz a Triple Champion.

February 16th, 2010: Was announced as Daniel Bryan's pro on the first season 1 of WWE NXT.

June 1st, 2010: Was announced as Alex Riley's pro for season 2 of WWE NXT.

June 14th, 2010: Defeated R-Truth(c), John Morrison, and Zack Ryder in a Fatal 4-Way match on RAW to become US Champion for the second time.

July 18th, 2010: Won the RAW Money In The Bank Ladder match at the PPV of the same name.

Bragging Rights 2010: Captain of "Team RAW" who lost against "Team Smackdown".

November 22nd, 2010: Cashed in his MITB contract on Randy Orton to become the WWE Champion for the first time in his career.

In addition to this, The Miz has done numerous things for WWE outside of the ring such as promotional appearances, etc. He pretty much did all the advertising for SvR 2011 by himself. If anybody was going to win the award it should be him. The Miz has had an awsome (pun intended) year and is definately a top candidate for "Superstar of the Year". If he doesn't win this award he should atleast get "Break-out star of the year."

Noteable mentions: Sheamus and/or Randy Orton

The Miz, obviously. While it is safe to say that the majority of these guys have all had fine years, Miz is the one who has had the best year of them all.

Think about it. Since the year began, the Miz has been on a roll. He started the year off as the United States Champion. Then, he even went on to win the Unified tag team titles with the Big Show. Around the same time, he became the pro to none other than Daniel Bryan on NXT Season 1. Now, this all happened in the first 3 0r 4 months of the year. Throughout the middle of the year, the Miz went on to win the Money in the Bank briefaces at that MitB PPV. To the smae time, being an NXT Season 2 Pro as well as holding the United States championship. It wasn't until Septemeber that the Miz had finally lost the title. Yet he lost no credibility whatsoever from it as he delivered some of the best matches he has ever made in his career.

But his greatest accomplishment has only come 'til just recently. And that of course being, becoming WWE champion. The Miz finally achieved his life-long goal. The very goal that a little over a year back, no one believed he would ever achieve. I remember seeing how, about two years ago, a good amount of people thought the Miz was nothing but shit and that he would never amount to anything. But here he is now, recieving praises by the majority of theses ame people and countless more.

This year should definately go to the Miz. Not only has he had the most accomplishments, but he has even gotten to the point where he is now proclaimed the future torch holder of the company. Miz has proved so many people wrong in such a short time. And I believe that he lives up to his expectations and will indeed be the next poster boy of the company.

The Miz.

Since last year's slammy awards, he has done numerous amounts of good for his career. Let's take a walk down memory lane....

October 15th, 2009: Defeated Kofi Kingston on the RAW after Hell in a Cell to become United States Champion for the first time.

Bragging Rights 2009: Defeated John Morrison in an IC champion vs US champion match.

February 8th, 2010: Teamed with Big Show and defeated DX(c), and The S.E.S. to become Unified Tag Team Champions. This also made Miz a Triple Champion.

February 16th, 2010: Was announced as Daniel Bryan's pro on the first season 1 of WWE NXT.

June 14th, 2010: Defeated R-Truth(c), John Morrison, and Zack Ryder in a Fatal 4-Way match on RAW to become US Champion for the second time.

July 18th, 2010: Won the RAW Money In The Bank Ladder match at the PPV of the same name.

November 22nd, 2010: Cashed in his MITB contract on Randy Orton to become the WWE Champion for the first time in his career.

In addition to this, The Miz has done numerous things for WWE outside of the ring such as promotional appearances, etc. He pretty much did all the advertising for SvR 2011 by himself. If anybody was going to win the award it should be him. The Miz has had an awsome (pun intended) year and is definately a top candidate for "Superstar of the Year". If he doesn't win this award he should atleast get "Break-out star of the year."

Thank you for making my job that much easier for listing his accomplishments. I don't know how its even close? Won the US title twice, Tag Champion,Won Raw Money in the Bank, Headlined RVS 2011, and now The Awesome WWE Champion..hands down the miz!

The Miz hands down...

But i also know that Diva of the year is undecideable at this point in my opinion, but the 3 names i was thinking about... Eve,Natalya, and Alica Fox

Eve- I thought Eve was great this year because of Winning the divas title and how much more popular she has gotten since Mickie James left, All the promos she has done doing backstage stuff, She is definately one person on my mind

Natalya- the way she was with Hart Dynasty, and becoming divas champion, i think she has potential to for the award

Alicia Fox- Divas Champion For awhile and a Season 3 pro... i really think she could win it to...

In all honesty, whether you love him or hate him, I think it has to be The Miz. As someone else has already mentioned, The Miz has had a hell of a year and nobody can deny that the past 12 months or so has been a career year for The Miz.

He spent the remainder of 2009 and most of 2010 as United States Champion. Simultaneously held the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship at the same time. When's the last time you saw an American wrestler walking around on an American wrestling program carrying 3 championship belts? He's gone up in matches against the likes of John Cena & Randy Orton and shown that he can hang with them, even holding a few heel victories over them. He wins MITB at the MITB ppv, cashes it in just a week ago in what might be the shocker of the year and is reigning WWE Champion.

It's Kane...no matter what the Miz has done, most of it has been against mid card opponents, not to mention the few months where he was made Daniel Bryan's bitch. Oh, how a couple weeks make you people so forgetful. Kane also won money in the bank. Then, you know what he did? He cashed in immediately, and has held the title since April while defending it at every PPV. Miz had a great year, but it's not better than what Kane has done.

If they have a tourney for superstar of the year, top 4 are Kane, Miz, Orton (if healthy) and Cena. WWE will let the fans have "one last match(es)" for the honor of superstar of the year.

In all honesty, whether you love him or hate him, I think it has to be The Miz. As someone else has already mentioned, The Miz has had a hell of a year and nobody can deny that the past 12 months or so has been a career year for The Miz.

He spent the remainder of 2009 and most of 2010 as United States Champion. Simultaneously held the Unified WWE Tag Team Championship at the same time. When's the last time you saw an American wrestler walking around on an American wrestling program carrying 3 championship belts? He's gone up in matches against the likes of John Cena & Randy Orton and shown that he can hang with them, even holding a few heel victories over them. He wins MITB at the MITB ppv, cashes it in just a week ago in what might be the shocker of the year and is reigning WWE Champion.

Exactly this. Not only because of what The Miz has done, but also because compared to everyone else, he was the best superstar all year. He had what was probably the longest title reign of the year when he was US champion. The reign itself was a questionable one, but there is no doubt that the length of the reign was impressive.

Then you add in the fact that he held three belts at once. Just like Jack-Hammer said, I cant remember the last time, or even if I've ever seen that. The icing on the cake is his MITB win and his cash in to win his first WWE championship. It really has been a great year for Miz and I dont think is any debate as for who is the superstar of the year.

It will most certainly be The Miz, as part of his uberpush. I can't believe that people are acting like this is an "actual award" given to whomever had the "best" year, when it's clearly part of the kayfabe world of the narrative. Cena was the champ last year when he won, and it benefitted his feud with Sheamus, who also won a Slammy. Giving it to Orton, recently deposed champ, makes no sense, as would giving it to Sheamus, who already got a boost from being King of the Ring. Likewise, Kane doesn't need the award as he's in a hot feud on the B-show, which gives him plenty of TV time.

It really doesn't matter who the other "nominees" are, because it seems unlikely they'll need to replicate last year's tournament format to call Miz the winner. And really, I had a nice LOL at the person who suggested Otunga could be the potential fourth nominee; that has to be a joke.

I'm gonna go with Daniel Bryan. the guy was the ultimate Indy Wrestler according to the IWC. he was a HUGE hit on NXT thanks to the friction he had with Miz. Then came the Nexus angle and his subsequent firing for choking the ring announcer out with a tie. and even though that wasnt considered PG friendly, they STLL brought him back. they knew a good thing and I think they realized that firing him was a huge Eff-up. so here he comes back at Summer Slam and boy did he get a HUGE pop. since then he's beat the Miz a couple of times clean and making him tap. he also had the best match at Bragging rights, also in my opinion against Ziggler.

and he's still going strong!!

My vote here goes to Cena, and hear me out on this one. Superstar of the year doesnt just go to accomplishments. It goes to all around contributions to the product.

Cena won his 8th WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber after being in the Final two in the Royal Rumble. He was eliminated by the returning Edge. He lost the title minutes later to a fresh Batista.

He won his 9th title from Batista at Wrestlemania in perhaps Batista's best match. He and Cena really pulled out the stops for this match.

He retained the title against Batista in a Last Man Standing Match at Extreme Rules in the main event.

He retains the title against Batista in to date Batista's last WWE match in a brutal "I Quit" Main Event at Over the Limit.

He lost the title at Fatal Four Way due to Nexus interference to Sheamus. He then began a duel feud with Nexus and Sheamus.

Lead Team Raw to a victory over Nexus at Summerslam as he was the sole survivor of the 14 man tag match.

He failed to re-gain the title at the Money in The Bank PPV against Sheamus due to Nexus interference once again. He then entered into what I consider to be the feud of the year with Wade Barrett and helped make Barrett the star he's become.

Was pinned and eliminated by Barrett due to Nexus interference once again at Night of Champions.

Cena then entered into a feud specifically with Barrett. Putting his fate on the line, he vowed to end Nexus. If he lost to Barrett, though, he would have to join Nexus. At Hell in a Cell, he was pinned by Barrett, forcing him to join Nexus after interference from Husky Harris and Mike McGuillicutty.

As a part of Nexus, he assisted Wade Barrett in becoming No 1 contender to Randy Orton's WWE Title in a Battle Royal. He then spent the next two months as a part of Nexus, unwillingly.

He was in Wade Barrett's corner at the Bragging Rights PPV, and got Barrett a DQ victory, securing him another title shot, as he was about to lose to Orton.

He was in the segment of the year in Pipers Pit leading up to his "Free or Fired" as the referee for Barrett vs Orton. He then made the 3 count for Orton, leading to him being "fired" by barrett.

He then cut the promo of the year after being "fired", and later prevented Barrett from winning the WWE Title in the main event of Raw against Orton.

He also brought the WWE Tag Team Titles to Nexus at the Bragging Rights PPV along with David Otunga.

Cena won two WWE championships, along with one WWE Tag team championship. He had great feuds with Batista, certainly Batista's best since HHH in 05. He had another great feud with Sheamus, likely Sheamus' best. He then helped make Nexus and Wade Barrett what they are, as he and Barrett carried what was easily the angle of the year. He was apart of the segment of the year on Piper's Pit, and cut the Promo of the year after being "fired." Cena did it all this year, going from the top of the world, to being fired. He helped make stars, and carried angles. Cena did it all this year, and is easily the Superstar of the year. Not sure who else would even merit consideration.

The Miz.

it was two bbut the tag titles only counted as one belt so he was a double champ

and how does being DB's pro make him superstar of the year?

yea he will prob be the face of the company and all that but won't that mean he will win it next year...i mean he really doesn't deserve it that much

i think the four that deserve it are:

Kane; ummm he's had the longest title reign in quite some time and has had one of the best storylines with taker and beat him 3 straight ppvs with a heel turn in the middle of all these title defenses, he took the title from the lil 619 tool and still managed to stay face and keep people interested in his brothers disappearance...its been his year

Randy Orton; ummmmm unstoppable this year, became the biggest face in the company, got the best reactions and he didn't even have to pander to the crowd to do it, he barely lost this year (hasn't lost to cena all year lol) and a decent title run which couldn't be stopped from happening

Sheamus; i don't want him to win but he should be nominated...he held the wwe title twice this year, took out the game, won king of the ring

and then cena i guess...he did end batista's career in a sense, kinda. he beat him at mania and the next 2 ppvs....and has been in the mix of the storyline of the year

and if they do the omg moment it has to go to nexus right? lol

My vote here goes to Cena, and hear me out on this one. Superstar of the year doesnt just go to accomplishments. It goes to all around contributions to the product.

Cena won his 8th WWE Championship at Elimination Chamber after being in the Final two in the Royal Rumble. He was eliminated by the returning Edge. He lost the title minutes later to a fresh Batista.

He won his 9th title from Batista at Wrestlemania in perhaps Batista's best match. He and Cena really pulled out the stops for this match.

He retained the title against Batista in a Last Man Standing Match at Extreme Rules in the main event.

He retains the title against Batista in to date Batista's last WWE match in a brutal "I Quit" Main Event at Over the Limit.

He lost the title at Fatal Four Way due to Nexus interference to Sheamus. He then began a duel feud with Nexus and Sheamus.

Lead Team Raw to a victory over Nexus at Summerslam as he was the sole survivor of the 14 man tag match.

He failed to re-gain the title at the Money in The Bank PPV against Sheamus due to Nexus interference once again. He then entered into what I consider to be the feud of the year with Wade Barrett and helped make Barrett the star he's become.

Was pinned and eliminated by Barrett due to Nexus interference once again at Night of Champions.

Cena then entered into a feud specifically with Barrett. Putting his fate on the line, he vowed to end Nexus. If he lost to Barrett, though, he would have to join Nexus. At Hell in a Cell, he was pinned by Barrett, forcing him to join Nexus after interference from Husky Harris and Mike McGuillicutty.

As a part of Nexus, he assisted Wade Barrett in becoming No 1 contender to Randy Orton's WWE Title in a Battle Royal. He then spent the next two months as a part of Nexus, unwillingly.

He was in Wade Barrett's corner at the Bragging Rights PPV, and got Barrett a DQ victory, securing him another title shot, as he was about to lose to Orton.

He was in the segment of the year in Pipers Pit leading up to his "Free or Fired" as the referee for Barrett vs Orton. He then made the 3 count for Orton, leading to him being "fired" by barrett.

He then cut the promo of the year after being "fired", and later prevented Barrett from winning the WWE Title in the main event of Raw against Orton.

He also brought the WWE Tag Team Titles to Nexus at the Bragging Rights PPV along with David Otunga.

Cena won two WWE championships, along with one WWE Tag team championship. He had great feuds with Batista, certainly Batista's best since HHH in 05. He had another great feud with Sheamus, likely Sheamus' best. He then helped make Nexus and Wade Barrett what they are, as he and Barrett carried what was easily the angle of the year. He was apart of the segment of the year on Piper's Pit, and cut the Promo of the year after being "fired." Cena did it all this year, going from the top of the world, to being fired. He helped make stars, and carried angles. Cena did it all this year, and is easily the Superstar of the year. Not sure who else would even merit consideration.

you make alot of good points here but i don't think he should get it 2 years in a row
but you can make that case for alot of guys
andif they wanna make the storyline more believeable then cena wont get it cause he is "fired" :rolleyes:

It's Kane...no matter what the Miz has done, most of it has been against mid card opponents, not to mention the few months where he was made Daniel Bryan's bitch. Oh, how a couple weeks make you people so forgetful. Kane also won money in the bank. Then, you know what he did? He cashed in immediately, and has held the title since April while defending it at every PPV. Miz had a great year, but it's not better than what Kane has done.

If they have a tourney for superstar of the year, top 4 are Kane, Miz, Orton (if healthy) and Cena. WWE will let the fans have "one last match(es)" for the honor of superstar of the year.

thank you so much..
only thing is he won mitb in july and cashed in lol

Kane set the record for quickest cash in and beat undertaker 3 straight ppvs..that trumps anything miz will do in his career, no one beats taker 3 straight ppvs..they owe this for kane...there are plenty of years left for miz orton sheamus n everyone to win this...not so many for kane

but still miz is the reason the us title has "no credibility" , because he never defended it, and he held three belts but it only counted as 2 cause its the unified tag team champs u don't get credit for both, he has jobbed to DB who really is that much better than him anyway DB is bringing the credibility back to that title and gets prob the 3rd biggest pops behind cena and orton so if anything DB deserves it more than miz

you make alot of good points here but i don't think he should get it 2 years in a row

So, even if the man is deserving, he shouldnt win the award because he won it last year? There's no logic behind it.

but you can make that case for alot of guys

You can, but I made the case for Cena. I think I laid it out well why Cena should be Superstar of the year. If you believe it to be someone else, then make your case.

andif they wanna make the storyline more believeable then cena wont get it cause he is "fired" :rolleyes:

And Cena has been showing up on Raw ever since he was fired, and only cut the promo of the year AFTER being fired. Hes literally done everything this year within the WWE. From WWE Champion to cutting the promo of the year after being fired. What more could a guy do? It's Cena, without a doubt.

The Miz.

As much as The Miz has done this past year, and that list does give him a good chance to win it, it has to go to Kane and here's why.

1st:
Even though this isn't exactly Superstar of the Year material, he did hand Drew McIntyre his first loss in the WWE.

2nd:
When Undertaker goes down with injury, he stepped up to the plate to take Undertaker's spot on SD for the time.

3rd:
He destroyed everyone in his path to find out who attacked Undertaker (i.e Rey Mysterio, Jack Swagger, CM Punk and the S.E.S)

4th:
He wins Money in the Bank and on the same night wins the World Heavyweight Title from Rey Mysterio.

5th:
He beats Rey at Summerslam and then he is revealed to be Undertaker's attacker.

6th:
And to help solidify his resume for Superstar of the Year, he goes on to defeat Undertaker on 3 straight PPV's, which to date nobody ever defeated Undertaker on 3 straight PPV's in his 20 year career.

And also to mention, by the time he faces Edge at TLC, he title reign will reach 5 months which is the longest World Title reign since Triple H's title reign in 2008 which lasted for 7 months.

And he has held the World Title the longest amongst everybody who has cashed in Money in the Bank.

straightedge for life said it the best. the only contender this year is kane. he went from lost in the high midcard to practically running smackdown for the past couple months. with taker gone, and swagger a failure as champ, kane has still made sd watchable. he has been completely dominate since the promo he delivered on undertaker. the guy has just been unstoppable. he is practically the show on smackdown right now. it kind of makes me sad that it took wwe this long to give kane his deserved run.

here is why others wont win:

Miz- doing great, but just won the title. not to mention he lost his us title to daniel bryan. im guessing next year he wins it, but he really hasnt done enough in the mainevent scene yet. ie hasnt been in the main event scene yet.

orton- has proved dominate, but not too many title defenses. he is the only guy i could see getting it over kane. but that would just be because of his popularity, and not what he has done.

sheamus- won the title again and kotr. also a good contender, but not close enough.

wade barrett- breakout star of the year for sure. but no title belt... at all.

morrison- awsome in the ring, nothing really significant this year

all in all it will be kane, with a small chance of orton or sheamus.

Actually, my top 5 would be:
5) Miz - it was a great year for him, but he is a champion for like a week now, so the slammies will be only a month away from his title win. But he CAN be number 1 in next year...
4)Edge - He is veeery over, propably biggest face on Smackdown!, won the rumble, won the bragging rights for his team, and let's be honest here: Since we all know he will have a match against Kane(that's not a spoiler) he is 100% going to win the title
3)Randy Orton - At the beggining of year he was still heel, but since Wrestlemania he started to become a bigger face than John Cena, and right now he is face of the company. Nothing else to be said.
2)Sheamus - Wow. At the end of 2009 he wins the WWE championship in a match that no one tought he would win. He then continues to dominate as WWE champ, untill he looses his title to Cena. He is put in feud with HHH, is defeated by him on WM 26, but he manages to not only defeat him at Extreme Rules, but also (kayfabe) end his career. Soonly after he wins the WWE title AGAIN. After loosing it few months after, he wins King of the Ring. Isn't that big?
1)..... KANE! That was ressurection of his career. He is the best world heavyweight champion since... since who? Edge? CM Punk? I would even make him one of the best WHC's ever.And he also defeated Undertaker... 3 times in a row. I mean, GUYS! he is main event again. We all wanted that.

I'd reluctant to pick the miz because well, people like to question sheamus' run at world champ. I'm sure there were a few occasions that Miz didn't even defend his title at a PPV, I can't really call that a run. If you hold the belts for months but defend it twice and lose then your not a good champion in my eyes. I'd be throwing the U.s title reigns out of consideration.

Yeah OK he got put in a tag team with big show to "fill in" for jericho, but that was shawn michaels was off his cracker, tagged himself in and lost them the match. OK it lead to him having three belts, he only deserved the U.S title belt because he won it legit but not the tag belts. But he did impressively defend the belts at mania so I'll score him for that. In the end his tag run was far shorter and less successful than jerishow's but obviously he isn't quite jericho so thats to be expected.

Then he won MITB. Once again kudos, not an easy match to win by anyone's standards, especially in the video games! But that does allow him to get a cheapened victory over the champ which is what happened. Listing his achievements looks like a reccomendation from God that this guy is a star, but going through and looking at the circumstances.

I still score taker and orton above him at least, if not sheamus as well. But he probably does deserve to be a contender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back