Superbowl winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Blizzard

I no it early but Im just wondering does neone have a wild guess towards who will be superbowl champs this year. Maybe the Colts and The Giants The Colts will win IMO.

That would be a real good Superbowl... Brother vs Brother.... But I dont think its gonna happen... Colts lost a big part of their offence in James... But the Giants are a good pick... But I think The Panthers are gonna take it... They have 2 good wideouts now with Keyshawn and Smith... But I dont know being they have no RB... Its a tough one this year... But I'll go with The Panthers...

I can't even guess accurately at this point...you never know what could happen during the course of a season. I'll give u some ideas though.

On paper I like the Broncos to grind out the AFC, but the games are played on the field.

I think Arizona will have a breakthrough year if they stay healthy, now that they have some more weapons on both sides of the ball.

I think the Saints will surprise some people if Drew Brees stays healthy and Reggie Bush performs up to his expectations.

Pittsburgh, Carolina, Seattle, KC, and Indy are all tough teams again this year.

I expect San Diego to underachieve with Philip Rivers at QB.

Watch for other teams that have filled their voids, like Miami with Caulpepper-if he returns to form, and the Ravens with McNair fitting into an offense that was designed for his style.

scalizi said:
I can't even guess accurately at this point...you never know what could happen during the course of a season. I'll give u some ideas though.

On paper I like the Broncos to grind out the AFC, but the games are played on the field.

I think Arizona will have a breakthrough year if they stay healthy, now that they have some more weapons on both sides of the ball.

I think the Saints will surprise some people if Drew Brees stays healthy and Reggie Bush performs up to his expectations.

Pittsburgh, Carolina, Seattle, KC, and Indy are all tough teams again this year.

I expect San Diego to underachieve with Philip Rivers at QB.

Watch for other teams that have filled their voids, like Miami with Caulpepper-if he returns to form, and the Ravens with McNair fitting into an offense that was designed for his style.

I really think the NFC East is also going to be a very tough division this year.

Cowboys cant make it anywhere without T.O.... Proved it last year... There just an average team without T.O.... But I agree with the NFC being the toughest Div.... That and also the Chiefs Div... This up-coming NFL season is going to be great....

Blizzard said:
I really think the NFC East is also going to be a very tough division this year.

Yeah, it always is a crapshoot. Thats why I neglected to mention any of those teams in my other post. Any of those teams can end up with the division.

I really hope Grean Bay makes it to the playoffs this year... It might be Farves last year :(

I gotta say I would really be surprised if GB made the playoffs. Favre is one of the greatest QB's I have even seen play, but I don't think they have enough weapons around him to do the job. That division is ass though, so who knows. The Bears have no offense but their defense is like the military, the Lions (hahah), the Vikes are mediocre, if GB can topple the Bears it's possible I guess.

You think? The Vikes are good except for there QB... Brad Johnson is washed up... All they needed to do in the off season was get some good Cornerbacks... And another Wide out for Farve... And all they did was half the job... Driver and Franks cant carry the load.. They should of picked up Brandon Lloyd or Randle El

I think Brad Johnson is underated, but the team as a whole is destined for mediocrity.

And yeah, I think GB would be much more comfortable with another quality wideout-but hey, thats why they play the games. If everything comes together they can be competitive.

That really sucks that Walker went to Denver... He's gonna be a top name in like 2 years.... Kinda like T.O.... But you know who I think is going to be good this year... Chiefs... If Johnson runs like he did last year... He's gonna break the records and take the Chiefs to the AFC Title game or even the Superbowl...

Chiefs did a great job in the draft, and Herm Edwards is a great coach for that offense. If they can put a decent defense out there they are trouble. But I still like a healthy Broncos team in that division. I'm a Raiders fan, but they haven't got a chance.

Walker would have just been a problem if he stayed in GB. The cap room he freed up by leaving will allow GB to spend $$ in the future to build around their new QB.

you should join the WZ fantasy football dude...we need players for our league...did u see the thread on here?

Im tryna join it now... But it keeps saying wrong password....

you gotta open a yahoo account or whatever first...then do it.

Blah.. Im not really in the right state of mind to do this right now... (Drunk)... I'll do it tommarow.. But I'm in... Whens the draft?

Back to topic.... I dont see the Stealers repeating tho... They lost a couple of players... In all honestly I see either the Ravens or Bengams winning that div....

Yeah its a pain in the ass...took me 1/2 hr. to do it yesterday on this shitty dialup Pc I'm on for the moment.

the draft is next Fri. I think it said, but i think its automated...just rank your picks and it does it automatically I think. im not sure.

I'm not ready to write off the Steelers yet. Just because they lost Randle-El and Bettis doesnt mean the core team is gone. Their D is sick. And other guys can step into the fold on offense to carry the weight. Bettis was a short yardage barrelhead type back last year with minimal carries. They can get somebody to fill in there and be effective(Bettis was a legend, but his role can be adequately filled I think). Randle El was a unique guy, but the offense didn't revolve around him-more of a secret weapon for designed plays and special teams. Plus, Cowher has been making the playoffs for years with no-name talent, so I think they can fill the holes and be productive again. I don't know if Palmer will be back in form for Cincy so i can't really develop an insight to how they factor in the division yet. I like the Ravens, but McNair is almost a lock to get hurt sometime during the season and that could pose problems.

Mcnair is injury prone.... But when he's on the top of his game... He can take a team to the top... Look at the Superbowl when they faced the Rams... They lost by an Inch.. And all they had was him and George... Mason was just starting to get good then.. So he really doesnt count...

PauLwaLL50 said:
Mcnair is injury prone.... But when he's on the top of his game... He can take a team to the top... Look at the Superbowl when they faced the Rams... They lost by an Inch.. And all they had was him and George... Mason was just starting to get good then.. So he really doesnt count...

Tennesee also had a great O-Line that year. And I would be willing to bet money that McNair gets hurt this year at least for a couple weeks. It's almost a given with the guy-he's banged up and he's not 25 years old anymore. He could pull a great season out, but I just think that the Ravens line isn't good enough to protect him the whole year. He was supposed to be retiring, i actually hope he does come out like gangbusters and light up the field with a killa season-it would make for interesting games.

Tennesee has a shot at the playoffs but I doubt the superbowl, Depends if Vince Young sinks or swims also if there defense can hold together.

I think Tennessee is in a rebuilding phase, I'm not sure they can be competitive enough to make the playoffs with such a new slate to work with. Vince Young has a lot to prove, but he may not even be a starter right away. He needs to get acclamated with Fisher's offense, and there is a lot of pressure on him to pick things up quickly if he is marched out there as the main guy right away. Rookies at any other position have a better chance of assimilating into the schemes than QB's do. To be the field general there is so much to learn and it takes time to become a leader that knows what works on the NFL level and what does not. If we use Michael Vick as a measuring stick to what Vince Young can accomplish in his rookie year, it is a positive growth for the team-but not enough. On the other side, there have been guys like P.Manning, Brady, and Roethlisberger that have grabbed the reigns and made an impact quickly-but i personally don't think that Young has the tools that those guys have. He is more of a McNair/Vick type guy that is extremely athletic, but lacks other intangibles like reading defenses, and has never been a pinpiont accurate passer.

I agree with scalizi... Tennesse is in a re-building stage... I cant see them making the play offs this years.... Vince is going to be good... Just not this year... Isnt there starting QB Volek anyway?

I think that the chargers have proven that Rivers is going to be a good QB in the preseason. And if L.T does his normal rushing yard average again, its gonna be the chargers winnin the superbowl

Bengals baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at least i wish, but even though i dont really like them i think dallas may have a good shot this year but go bengals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back