Super Bowl Prediction Thread

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
I have the playoff prediction thread but I figured the Super Bowl was deserving of its own thread. Green Bay and Pittsburgh have both had a tough road to get here and there is no clear cut favorite in this one. They were 1 and 2 in the regular season in total defense and both have very capable offenses. Aaron Rodgers has been on fire the last few weeks and Roethlisberger has the experience edge.

Some are expecting a defensive battle but I think this will be more high scoring then people think. I see Green Bay spreading Pitt out with 4 receiver sets and really challenging a Pittsburgh secondary that isn't very deep. The Packers defense will have to deal with a very balanced Steeler offensive attack and I expect Mendenhall to be a big factor. In the end I think the Green Bay defense led by Charles Woodson and Clay Matthews will cause enough havoc and I believe Aaaron Rodgers and that offensive will make on more play then the Pitt offense.

Prediction: Green Bay Packers 27 Pittsburgh Steelers 24

I think the biggest factor is going to be whether Pouncey can go or not. The back up they had come in against the Jets had quite a few hiccups and had a big hand in the Jets almost coming back. The Packers wont let glaring holes like that go unnoticed, they would have picked that apart.

The defenses are pretty evenly matched, and though I think Pittsburgh's offense is grossly under rated, they still aren't anywhere near as explosive as Green Bay's.

I'm going Green Bay- 24 Pittsburgh- 13.

Anyone but Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers.

I have despised Rodgers at every stage of his career, and if he chokes the big one, im wearing a number 12 Packers jersey, with a big huge red X threw it with the words "Denied" on the back.

I will proudly wear this jersey ALL over wisconsin... (I live in Minnesota)

I think is the most intriging and most evenly matched game I'll have ever seen (started watching around 2000-2001). In the end, if Green Bay spreads them out 4 wide (which they should since they have the depth to do so) and throws like crazy, I like their chances. If you really wanna run, a swing pass to the outside is just as effective as a run, since that takes some of those linebackers away and you don't have to try and get through them. I don't think Pittsburgh secondary can hold up and stop them for four quarters if Rodgers makes 40+ throws.

However, if Pittsburgh can maintain balance, get Mendenhall going early, and keep Rodgers off the field, they have a good shot. Big Ben has to make big throws, but I think GB's secondary is off the charts with Shields, Williams, Woodson, and Collins all being great pass defenders. It's really tough to give one team a clear advantage here, but I guess my prediction is:

Green Bay 30, Pittsburgh 24
Aaron Rodgers - MVP

Green Bay on an artificial turf benefits them, I think both teams will come out a start slow and try and build a run game, Pittsburgh should have no problem stopping GB on the ground, which will force them to go to the air which is where I think they have a clear advantage, I think if GB can put up 30 or more points they win this game, however if Mendenhall is able to get going early and Pit is able to take control, and the Defense is able to knock Rodgers out of the game (my biggest fear is Farrior dishing out a dirty hit to the head of Rodgers, knocking him out with a concussion) then I could see Pit coming away with there third win, that being said I can't bet against the Pack, I think MJD said it best, it's better to be hot heading into the SB then to be experienced

GB-34
Pit-27

Pittsburgh's been good at stopping the run all season so they will neutralize James Starks. Mike Wallace will be the big key because I think the only DB that can cover him is Shields but Wallace is faster than him. Rodgers was off most of the game after he took a hit from Peppers so if Harrison gets to him a couple of times, it will benefit Pittsburgh. The Steelers secondary may give up a lot of yards, but they don't give up a lot of points and I think the same result will happen here.

Pittsburgh 30
Green Bay 23

It's all about momentum, and with all due respect to Pittsburgh, the Packers have it. The Packers had to play playoff calibre football at playoff-level pressure for the last several weeks of the season just to make it into the post-season, and they had a difficult road along the way. Rodgers seems to be hitting his stride nicely, peaking at the perfect time. Pittsburgh has had their turn, now it's the Packer's day.

Green Bay Packers 28, Pittsburgh Steelers 21

I'm going the other route on this because Pittsburgh does have the best defense in the league and if they can stop Aaron Rodgers then Pittsburgh will be rolling on to championship number 7. It all depends on who is having a better day on offense and defense.

Pittsburgh Steelers 28, Green Bay Packers 14

Packers have tons of momentum, and I think that they're offense is more explosive than Pittsburgh. Not only that, but Green Bay has a play making defense. Don't be surprised if we see a pick six.
Green Bay-31 Pittsburgh-25
Aaron Rodgers wins MVP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back