SummerSlam- DX v Legacy

Been said before and I will say it again, it would be a total waste for Legacy to job here unless the long term plan is for them to go over. They need the rub DX obviously do not...

There isnt a whole lot more to say. Maybe if they can put on a good match anyway it wont matter when Triple H buries his umpteenth rookie.

I'm looking forward to it myself. I just want to be entertained and I think this match will do the job. I'm hoping Legacy can pull out the win here, though I'm doubting it. However, I honestly thought Legacy was going to job to Triple H in the handicap match on Raw that lead up to this thing and I was pleasantly surprised by it. After all, Trips pretty much wipes the floor with them single handedly in almost every instance it's just been them without Orton around and I figured this'd be no different.

To be honest, I'm actually hoping that DX will have some sort of a fall out tonight or that it's the first step towards a fall out. If they beat Legacy tonight, there's not really anything left for them to do. Having DX lose tonight, then maybe stretch out the feud for another few weeks with Legacy getting the better of DX at every turn could lead to a good Triple H/HBK feud. They haven't been at each other's throats since around 2003 or so.

I loved it. DX won, but Legacy looked great. A lot of that match was Legacy beating on DX, and I think Shawn and Triple H sold the moves very well. Legacy were booked as a real threat before this match and it was solidified by how they performed. I mean, wouldn't Legacy have won if it wasn't for an interference by Triple H when Shawn had been pinned? Having DX win made the fans happy, but not before they'd seriously wondered whether their heroes were about to lose.

Just wanna start off by saying that the pre-PPV promo where Shawn was doing the hand puppets was brilliant and it's still making me chuckle. That was a nice way to start the show, it gave a lighthearted atmosphere to proceedings.

As for their match, it was all about Legacy. They were superb and for the most part were in complete control. Even though they lost, they certainally gained a hell of a lot from this match.

DX on the other hand had one of the best entrances I've seen in years, very entertaining and the fact that it was so over the top made me laugh out loud. Typical DX. This was one of my favourite matches of the night.

I loved it. DX won, but Legacy looked great. A lot of that match was Legacy beating on DX, and I think Shawn and Triple H sold the moves very well. Legacy were booked as a real threat before this match and it was solidified by how they performed. I mean, wouldn't Legacy have won if it wasn't for an interference by Triple H when Shawn had been pinned? Having DX win made the fans happy, but not before they'd seriously wondered whether their heroes were about to lose.

I completely agree. Obviously, DX was going to win. I'm just glad it wasn't some kind of squash. Trips and HBK catch alot of criticism for their unwillingness to put people over. This match showed that there are occasions where they will put over the young talent. Legacy actually commanded many of the spots in this match and they did come out looking very strong, regardless of the loss.

I personally think this was in the running for MOTN. DX's entrance was the best the WWE has done in a long time. Well, except for Taker's and HBK's at 'Mania, but it was still fucking amazing. It all led perfectly to HHH's opening, and it set the tone for the match.

HBK looked really good in his return, and had little to no signs of ring rust. What got me the most into this match though, was how well Legacy worked as a team. When they're not lackeys for Orton, they can actually be pretty good, and I'd buy into them getting pushed in the tag title scene. I'm still not set to call them singles stars, but it was a good step forward for them.

Grade: A DX may be done to the point of reviving a dead horse to beat it again, but don't try and tell me you didn't enjoy it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back