SummerSlam- DX v Legacy

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!

Reuniting as D-Generation X, Triple H and long-time friend Shawn Michaels will be crashing The Biggest Party of the Summer as the duo is set to take on The Legacy’s Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase at SummerSlam.

In recent months, Triple H has tried everything in his power to rid Raw of WWE Champion Randy Orton and The Legacy, but it seems as if at every turn, Rhodes & DiBiase did their leader’s bidding and thwarted The Game.

It wasn’t until The King of Kings lost a Handicap Match on Raw against the two young Superstars that it dawned on him that he needed a little assistance. What better help than the same man with whom The Game had created his own legacy as part of D-Generation X?

Only one thing stood in the way of that, nobody had seen Shawn Michaels since he lost his match against Undertaker at the 25th Anniversary of WrestleMania. Fortunately for Triple H, HBK gave his old friend the nod and agreed to get the band back together.

Although The Cerebral Assassin and The Showstopper haven’t teamed together in more than nine months, whenever the two reunite it tends to be explosive – if not hilarious, as well.

It’s doubtful that Rhodes & DiBiase are laughing at the tremendous task set before them, but both Legacy members seem confident heading into perhaps the biggest match to date for either of their young careers.

Will it be the antics and years of teaming that lead Triple H & HBK to a successful DX reunion? Or will Rhodes & DiBiase use their natural abilities and determination to pick up an impressive victory over the two decorated in-ring veterans?

Find out when SummerSlam emanates live from the STAPLES Center in Los Angeles on Sunday, Aug. 23, live on pay-per-view.

How will the match fare?
Who will win?
Who SHOULD win?

Personally I feel this is a Raw calibur match. In the end i really don't care who wins because I don't want to see HHH and HBK in tag matches, they need to be putting over people in singles matches. With that said seeing as this is the comeback of HBK I can see them winning but wwe is trying to become unpredictable last minute so maybe legacy will win or have a new member, or maybe even dx will win and trips will turn heel. I dont want to see a HHH/HBK fued but it would keep them out of the title picture.

I am personally glad Shawn is back on T.V. Coming back at summerslam working with HHH and facing Legacy should be a good entertaining bout.
Shawn will be refeshing, have a little pep in his step since we haven't seen him since WM. He is always a great worker and being rested will only make things better.

I think legacy could definetly use the rub here. WWE shouldnt keep putting Cody and Ted in the run in, body guard senerios that we have been accustom to. But actually have them in matches against top talent should do them good.

DX will probable win... But Legacy needs it more. If they do let Legacy win it wont be clean, rather some type of heel cheat, which should continue the fued and keep HHH out of the title picture without turning him heel. Save his heel turn till around Royal Rumble

I really hope this thread doesn't get out of control with DX Hating, because it has that feel to it.

DX is back to have a reason to get HBK back in the ring. Seriously, try to think of a story that relevantly gets HBK back in the ring other than HHH needing his help. Enjoy the 1-2 weeks of DX style comedy (honestly, the two grill fires and Sweet Chin Music to the boss and the kid were hilarious) and enjoy not seeing HHH vs Orton at Summerslam.

Legacy should win and likely will win, although DX winning would not surprise me. I don't think you'll see HHH or HBK turn on the other, so don't expect it.

I implore everyone to just reach back to the days when they just watched wrestling & didn't spend hours reading about it or had access to backstage secrets/info. Just watch this and cheer for who you want to win. I really want everyone to buy into this belief system: DX vs. Legacy is a Summerslam only event. This will not carry on further than the next night on Raw. If you can get behind this thought and really believe, you'll be able to enjoy this match.

ya i never understand these people hating on probably the most succesful stable ever in the wwe/f. So what if their older? it happens. They are still comical, just not as rude as in the 90's. I prefer this over "i'm so serious hhh" gimmick.

With that said.. DX deserves the win. Why? 1. It's HBK's return, the man might be retiring next year, losing this match would lose him momentum. He needs a strong comeback. 2. It's just not believable to have Legacy go over. Sorry but 1 year being around (little more for Cody) is not long enough to "deserve" a WIN over DX. A good solid match, putting DX to the limit would put them over much enough. That's what i beleive will happen.

I just know the bitching and moaning will dominate this thread. I don't think Legacy should go over here, but should get a nice rub by being in a hard fought, high profile match with 2 over mega stars. However if Legacy does go over, Orton should lose to Cena. It would transition nicely into a Teddy Jr face turn. Say Ted gets pissed at taking orders from Orton after they were successful at Summerslam and he wasn't. Could be good.

I definitely want Legacy to win here. There is no need for DX to get the win. SummerFest is one of the biggest PPV's of the year, and it would be huge for the two youngsters to win. I'd love to see HHH turn on HBK or vice versa.

I was really putting all of my hope for Shawn Michaels' return against the Undertaker at Summerslam. However, we're not getting a serious HBK return, we're getting the goof ball that should have retired his gimmick years ago.
If HBK is going to stay around for any length of time, I really think the only way to take him serious is for him to do what HHH has done, and play the bad ass somewhere between heel and face, who does what he wants because he's a legend in the business and he doesn't care what people think.
The way HBK's character was before Wrestlemania was one of my favorites. He was serious, angry, and focused on beating the Undertaker.

They could have played the angle at least seriously. Shawn Micheals didn't want to return because he wants to be done with all he's gone through in the WWE. His match with Taker took it all out of him, and he's done. It could have been some sort of return to save him from Legacy, or even to bring him back as a heel against Triple H, but instead, we have the DX cartoons every week. They're going to laugh a lot, make a lot of jokes, shit on people, and destroy Legacy at Summerslam.
After Summerslam, do I really care what happens to them? No...not really. I can tell you, if you look into the not so distant future, can't you just smell a DX/Cena vs. Orton/Legacy match on Raw? That's right...more Cena/DX nonsense. You know what I want to see? I want to see Shawn Michaels return pissed off that he's not taken seriously as a legend, superkick the hell out of people, and win the WWE title from Randy Orton...that's what I want.

Can't say I'm looking forward to this at all. I have zero interest in another face DX run, zero. The shtick is old and tired. Maybe if they had something fresh, and weren't middle-aged, it would still work. But it simply doesn't anymore. That said, I'd LOVE for them to return as a heel stable. That simply isn't oing to happen though.

I don't understand the logic here behind having Legacy job to DX (which they certainly will). How can anyone take Legacy serious anymore? Damn shameful booking logic there.

I suppose this match might be entertaining though. Odds are it isn't going to be very good though. I'm sure it won't even touch the DX-Rated RKO matches.

I have no issue with this match at all, and I'll tell you why.

1) Getting a feud with DX is a big deal. At Summerslam, is a VERY big deal. Summerslam is the number two PPV in the WWE and Legacy is being thrust into it. Performing at Summerslam is an honor and the fact that they get a match with two of the biggest names in the WWE already gives them a bit of a rub. If they work a 15-20 minute match at Summerslam with DX, even if they lose to a superkick would be good for them. There's a difference between losing a 3 minute squash match on Raw to working a full scale match at Summerslam.

2) Over the last two weeks, Legacy has beaten HHH. Albeit that it was a handicap match, but still it was a win over HHH without the aid of Randy Orton. This week, they won again.

3) They are working a program without Randy Orton. Legacy without Orton has their own personality and it is going to show more and more as the weeks go on. Keep in mind, they aren't saying that Randy will beat DX, they will beat DX.

Now about HBK's comeback, I'd take DX comedy any day of the week over a Hornswoggle segment. Let's just sit back and enjoy the fact that for the first time in a LONG time, WWE has 2 tag team matches on a PPV, much less Summerslam. DX to win as they should. Legacy does not yet deserve the honor of beating DX, something not even Miz and Morrison did.

Hmmm...In one way I'm glad that Rhodes and Dibiase are getting a high profile match at one of WWE's biggest PPVs of the year but on the other hand, I'm not too thrilled to see another DX reunion (although it was nice to see Shawn superkick the wee girl). I think it will help Rhodes and Dibiase working with two wrestlers of HHH and Michaels' stature but nonetheless I fully expect DX to go over here. I'm fine with that since it will most likely be Shawn's return match (and obviously the reunion of DX) but I just hope it's not a total squash job...I want to see Rhodes and Dibiase get lots of offence in and generally look strong before the inevitable Sweet Chin Music and Pedigrees commence. If this feud (if you can call it that) continues after Summerslam then I would like to see Rhodes and Dibiase pick up a win over DX, but for now they will be losing at Summerslam I think.

You can tell you're on WZ when a discussion about DX breaks out. Truth is, the segments this past week on Raw were the most entertaining part of it, I can't remember how many times I've watched them and laughed. DX are entertaining, and I love watching Shawn and Triple H wrestle together, whether it's as a team or as opponents.

This match should be good. I think it's great for legacy to be in a feud with DX at this stage in their careers, which are relatively young in comparison to Shawn and Triple H. They should learn a lot and gain heat at the same time, so this will definitely be good for them. As a big Shawn fan I want DX to win, but aside from that I'm not too fussed either way, it should be a good match.

This could go the route that Legacy doesn't win but they look good against them or it can go with the Miz and Morrison route where it would do nothing for them. If this is just going to be one match and one match only, I see no way Rhodes and DiBiase are winning. They are not going to have HBK come back for him to lose in his first match. If this feud continues, then Legacy will get one win in this. I'm picking DX here but if Legacy wins I wouldn't be surprised as that is an indicator that they may fight for a couple of months.

DX has to win this one. And not just because it is Shawn Michaels' return. If you remeber last year on that three hour Raw, Miz and Morrison didn't beat DX, when doing so would have made lots of sense. They had held the tag titles for like a year and were on top of there game. I feel that Legacy isn't at the level of Miz and Morrison, and I don't see them winning.

Man, im not one bit interested in this match.... its obvious DX is goin to win but i really want Legacy to win so they can be looked at as a real tag team who can actually win...

I has trying to think of a way to legitimize HBK's return without having Legacy lose. Have DX get disqualified and then have them cleanhouse with the sweet chin music/pedigree combo and celebrate postmatch. DX doesn't need to win but if Legacy is going to be legitimate at some point in this feud, they are going to need to win.

This match might have been taken seriously if Legacy wasn't booked to look completely inferior to anybody and everybody. At least I hope that they give them a good showing by a long hard fought match, because the way they Legacy has been booked there is no reason for them to go over. Maybe if they were looking credible the past couple of weeks, but barely pulling it out against one half of the tag team that your set to face, isn't exactly a impressive credential. Only thing about this match that I look forward to is HBK's ring return.

I have no huge problem with DX reforming even though it has been done so many times. My problem with this match is them vs legacy?? Cody and Ted have been getting beat up by every main event star orton has been sacrificing them too for months. Now im supposed to believe they arent going to be completely squashed at summerslam. They barely put on a dominating performance against henry/hornswoggle.

Pretty sure DX will win this match and they definitely should. I dont even think Cody and Ted are ready for a match of this magnitude yet let alone beating two of the best in the busines. I personally think DX should stick around a couple of months and go after tag team gold. It would keep HHH out of the main event picture and if there is one last HHH/HBK rivalry in the future there should be a nice long buildup so it can be done at wrestlemania

My dream result:

Legacy goes over DX after a long back and forth match up, filled with cheating and cheap shots, etc, leading to Shawn getting pinned. Legacy retreats back to the stage in victory, leaving Triple H and HBK in the ring. Triple H starts to help Shawn up, then pedigrees him in anger for him costing him the match. Triple H becomes a heel, and Legacy actually gets a push. A man can dream, can't he?

I don't give a shit what any of the naysayers have to say about this match-up. Its unique, original, and its pushing two of the younger stars who're going to be our future - against two of the biggest stars, currently still at a top level within the Company.

If Legacy can manage to put on even so much as a great match, then win/lose/draw, they'll have finally established themselves as future stars and true Wrestlers worth taking a chance on.

Do I care that D-X has once again reunited for yet another "one night only" type of situation? Not really. In fact, I believe this is leading toward Shawn Michaels actual full-time retirement in which he'll likely turn on Triple H in this match-up, helping Legacy win, and taking Triple H in another direction.. a feud with a heel version of Shawn Michaels, which will be one of HBK's last true feuds to remember.

Is another Triple H/Shawn Michaels feud what we need? YES. I can honestly say, yes. Why? Because it breaks Triple H away from his endless feud with Orton. It breaks him out of the Championship picture, but keeps him in something that still warrants his time being spent involved with.

Unfortunately, this match if its to go the way of building a beginning to another HBK/HHH feud.. won't focus on Legacy at all except for allowing them to pick up an actual pinfall victory in the end, and continuing to move on in the renewed push they're gaining.

And if this isn't the beginning of another HBK/HHH feud, then its just something to tide Triple H over before he jumps right back into the same shit/different day storylines with Orton. All in all.. I'm hoping for a swerve to end this, and a Legacy victory.

"ZOMG ANYTHING BUT MORE ORTON!!!"

"ZOMG PUSH LEGACY!!!"

"ZOMG BRING BACK HBK!!!"

Is what all these imbeciles have been crying out in the streets for months now. Here, we have a match that accomplishes this, and all anyone wants to do is bitch. Ok, so Trips and Shawn are a tad old to be acting like that. So fucking what. If your gonna look me in the face and say a build between Legacy and DX wont be roughly 847,233 times more entertaining than another Orton match, your absolutely fuckin delusional. Goodness, can people at least ATTEMPT to enjoy ANYTHING?

Legacy will lose, obviously. Really not the point. The fact they are being put up against, and booked as if they were equals and a threat to one of the most dominant and popular factions in wrestling history is a gigantic rise in profile for them. Maybe, just fuckin MAYBE they might NOT job, and we get a series of matches. To which people will probably bitch and call them stale. Watever. If they do job, well, see above. People make themselves to look pretty markish if they think "winning" a fake fight with a predetermined outcome makes a fucking difference at all. It doesnt, really.

Legacy will lose, obviously. Really not the point. The fact they are being put up against, and booked as if they were equals and a threat to one of the most dominant and popular factions in wrestling history is a gigantic rise in profile for them. Maybe, just fuckin MAYBE they might NOT job, and we get a series of matches. To which people will probably bitch and call them stale. Watever. If they do job, well, see above. People make themselves to look pretty markish if they think "winning" a fake fight with a predetermined outcome makes a fucking difference at all. It doesnt, really.

Spot on as ever NorCal...here you have Legacy who as a whole are still pretty prominent, they're two rather young guys in the wrestling business and they're going up against two of WWE's veterans. That in itself will be a nice rub for them...win or lose, the result is not important, it's about these two making the next step and that I think they will.

I'm looking forward to this match actually and it has increased my odds of ordering Summerslam.

Legacy can now take on a tag team that will make them look good, esp. HBK as I'm hoping he is able to sell and put over both members of Legacy.

If it looks like they even can come close to beating DX they will both be able to move on from this with some momentum going forward.

I predict a typical superkick followed by Pedegrie for the finish.

However what I would like to see is the superkick followed by pedegrie on Dibiase then with Triple H doing a short celebration hace Rhodes nail HBK with a forigen object with the ref not looking and pick up a pinall victory over HBK and DX.

Should be a good little match. HBK & HHH are stale, but both can deliver when needed, and I think both Dibiase & Rhodes could learn alot from them. While I would love to see Legacy pick up the win, I doubt it.

They are really pimping the DX return, and I doubt they will have them lose their first match. Only way I see them winning is if HHH or HBK turn on each other(unlikely). I think having Priceless beat DX would give them a little more momentum and make them seem a little more worthy. But as long as they have a good showing, and put on a solid match I'll be happy :)

I want to see Legacy get the rub and win this, but it's DX so they'll more than likely get the win. I like them and all, but the young guys need some upset wins if this so called youth movement it gonna pick up any steam!

DX wins, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a Triple H heel turn here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back