Suggestion

gamehead

Championship Contender
Do you think we could have a rep system? It would be cool for one and it could be more useful to judge if someone is a nOOb then judging by post count. Anyone agree?

Yeah it's a good idea, it shows if people like your post or not.

gamehead said:
Do you think we could have a rep system? It would be cool for one and it could be more useful to judge if someone is a nOOb then judging by post count. Anyone agree?

These days most people define "noob" not as someone who is new but by how they act. If they constantly post stupid things, constantly flame, spam, ask stupid questions, are incapable of contributing to discussions with something new or intelligent, are incapable of following common sense rules on a frequent basis, etc. then they're generally regarded as a "noob". Sadly it's pretty much agreed upon over the internet that a majority of the posters here these days exhibit that behavior, hence the mods basically giving up on the place (again). With that in mind, a rep system won't help determine much unfortuantely.

Not only that but only two people can make that possible the owner, who couldn't care less about the site (which has been well documented for years) and the admin who is rarely on anymore due to other obligations.

rep systems have had moderate success at the other forums i've seen them on, but to have one here would be pointless..

all the quality posters have moved on after realizing how much of a shithole this place has become... yes, i know i'm a moderator here, but that is only due 2 things... nostalgia, and since i was asked to by JP

Totally good idea i like it because people can tell you if this forum is crap or a goldmine (im not calling this forum crap in fact its the best idea and forum ive seen today)

Originally Posted by Flyin Brian
My apologies for creating a free service that you guys spend your free time on. I have no free time. I have what normal people refer to as a life.

Thanks for the appreciation thread, I will continue my unparalleled commitment to my 18th biggest website.

Scan that with your sarcasm detector

That's the chances of your idea happening (unless the admin does it instead)

Dysturbed said:
These days most people define "noob" not as someone who is new but by how they act. If they constantly post stupid things, constantly flame, spam, ask stupid questions, are incapable of contributing to discussions with something new or intelligent, are incapable of following common sense rules on a frequent basis, etc. then they're generally regarded as a "noob". Sadly it's pretty much agreed upon over the internet that a majority of the posters here these days exhibit that behavior, hence the mods basically giving up on the place (again). With that in mind, a rep system won't help determine much unfortuantely.

Not only that but only two people can make that possible the owner, who couldn't care less about the site (which has been well documented for years) and the admin who is rarely on anymore due to other obligations.
idk if this is possible but you should ask him for total power as adminisrator

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back