• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Success or Failure - Alberto Del-Rio

Ultra Awesome

Im standing in Brooklyn/
Success. The result every wrestler wants to achieve in their career. There are those that obtain it, and there are those that fail miserably and end up complete failure. We have seen both types of wrestlers before. You have your wrestlers that succeed in the business (John Cena, Randy Orton, Chris Jericho, Edge, Triple H, Kurt Angle, Brock Lesnar, Bill Goldberg, Eddie Guerrero, etc.) and you have your wrestlers that ultimately fail in trying to do the same (Charlie Hass, Jamie Noble, Shelton Benjamin, Carlito, Mike Knox, Matt Hardy, etc.).

Not everyone succeeds in the WWE. Whether it be fair or not, it happens anyways. There’s no use in denying that. But here you have someone…someone who still begs the question, “will they succeed or will they fail?” And that person is… Alberto Del-Rio.

About three months ago we were told that this Mexican icon, Alberto Del Rio, had signed a 3 year contract with WWE. It was within the next couple of weeks, we were exposed to vignettes hyping his arrival. Many were intrigued, while others didn’t seem to care. Fast-forward a couple of weeks and he makes his in-ring debut against none other than our beloved Rey Mysterio; to which of course, he defeated. From Rey to Christian and back to Rey, Del-Rio dominated everyone who challenged him leaving himself an undefeated streak until last week, where he lost to Rey; marking the first ever match he lost in his WWE career.

There’s been quite a bit of a mixed reaction towards the guy. Some praise his ability, while others just seem to complain of how he’s not as good as he’s proclaimed to be. It gets to the point, where people start to doubt the guy and just mark him as a future failure. On the other hand, you have those that actually do see this guy having a great future in the WWE.

So now, this drives me to the point (question) of this thread...

Based on what you have seen so far (or based on what you think of the guy), Do you see Alberto Del-Rio's career being a future success, or a future failure?

Plain and simple question. Just explain to me whether you think this guy will have a successful future in the WWE or whether his career will be a fail. Everyone has their own opinion on the guy. Some like him, some don’t. But what does the future hold for him? Good?...or bad?...

i really do like the way they have been using alberto with the fued with Rey.... But i dont see him doing anything after this... i could see him alot more on superstars but thats pretty much it.... i say its a failure in my opinion

Alberto is definitely a future success. He had a great debut, and he's getting some kind of screen time every single week. To think that this guy is gonna be a failure, at least from what we've seen so far would be unfair. He has all the tools to become one of the next hugely over people in this company. He has great in-ring ability, microphone skills and a rather decent look as well.

He's interesting, and it seems that WWE has a backing of this guy due to all of the above mentioned. He's most likely gonna have a bright future ahead of him. What kind of future? I don't know, but it's most likely gonna be something in the mid-card to begin with. I doubt that WWE will hot-shot him to the moon or anything. So I expect him to perhaps start challenging for the Intercontinental championship when Dolph Ziggler eventually drops it.

Absolutely, positively, 100% a success. This guy is one of the few people who's been able to debut getting massive heat without having to resort to insulting the current audience's sports teams, or other bullshit like that. The fact that he has his own announcer who introduces him in Spanish, and it gets about as much heat as Vickie Guerrero just existing is amazing. His feud with Rey Mysterio has been nothing short of entertaining, and I never miss one of his segments.

Sadly, I see him floating around the mid-card after his feud with Rey is done, at least for a little while until he gets pushed up (probably not any time soon). However, I don't see him fading away into nothing, achieving nothing but a future endeavor mention on the website.

I think he definitely will be a success. The guy has the looks and size to be successful. He gets a lot of heat which is better than what Shaemus or Dolph used to get. The way he has been booked does not look like he is going to be a failure any time soon. i think he could be the one to replace Rey in that Latino idol paper he is playing.

Do not think he will be future endeavoured. They already made him look strong by taking out Christian kayfabe. I see him having a feud with a returning Christian and then after about 2 or 3 years I see him as World Champion. Succes IMO.

I say success,
Not just because he's good in the ring or on the mic,
We've had plenty of those that ended up failing,
But because he's both of those things AND Mexican,
Might sound like reverse prejudice,
But it's true.
Rey’s days as a WWE superstar is drawing near,
& the E needs a new top Mexican star.
I really couldn't see this guy getting half of the push he's getting now if 3 months ago Rey signed a long-term deal.
IF Del Rio got called up, and they noticed how good he was,
Then his push would have started,
IMO
They need someone who could draw and they found him,
I can count on one hand how many successful WWE stars have been Mexican,
and that's why he is going to be a success

Alberto Del Rio has been in the business a long time - so it comes to no surprise to me that his debut was very strong.

However, I believe his star is only just rising because he appears to have the one thing that a wrestler needs to become a superstar in this business.

Presence.

Alberto has what they call the "it" factor. His wrestling skill, his gimmick, mic skills, and especially his god-given charisma will take him as far as he wants to go.

He so naturally performs his character, it makes me as a fan so much easier to suspend my disbelief and think everything he does it legit. (Sort of like another great wrestler.... with a last name of Flair)

I anticipate what's going to happen each and every time he goes to the ring, because I know it's going to come off fantastic.

This man is dripping talent Vince....... don't fuck it up!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back