• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Success, Bust or In-Between: The Naturals

Succes, Bust or In-Between: The Naturals

• Success

• Bust

• In-Between

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
This is a new poll series I'm hoping to run here in the TNA section where (recently) departed former talents of the company will be critiqued regarding their work with the company. You can vote them either a success, a bust or in-between if you don't feel they deserve either extreme.

In addition to your vote, I'd like to know why you feel the way you do. Why was this particular charater a succes, a bust or in-between?

Next in the series is/are The Naturals.

----------

Naturals.jpg

The Naturals
Years with TNA: 4 (2003–2007)
Number of titles runs: NWA World Tag Team Championship (2x)

--------------------
Notable Feuds:
--------------------
• America's Most Wanted (2003, 2005)
• Triple X (2004)
• Team Canada (2005)

--------------------
Other Accomplishments:
--------------------
• Debuted in TNA in 2003 and began a long-lasting feud with America's Most Wanted that continued for nearly two years.
• Formed a stable with Chris Candido prior to his sudden death in 2005.
• Managed by Jimmy Hart in 2005.
• Managed by "The Franchise" Shane Douglas in 2006

--------------------
Previous Polls:
--------------------

• Christian Cage – 87.72% Success, 12.28% In-Between, 0% Bust
• Booker T – 46.43% Bust, 33.93% In-Between, 19.64% Success
• Petey Williams – 52.50% In-Between, 35.00% Success, 12.50% Bust
• Gail Kim – 61.54% Success, 19.23% In-Between, 19.23% Bust
• Senshi – 66.67% Success, 28.57% In-Between, 4.76% Bust
• Monty Brown – 54.05% Bust, 27.03% In-Between, 18.92% Success
• Awesome Kong – 82.61% Success, 13.04% Bust, 4.35% In-Between
• Christopher Daniels – 68.97% Success, 20.69% In-Between, 10.34% Bust
• Consequences Creed – 80.77% Bust, 19.23% In-Between, 0.00% Success
• Sheik Abdul Bashir – 44.00% In-Between, 44.00% Bust, 12.00% Success
• The Naturals – 48.00% Bust, 28.00% Success, 24.00% In-Between

Bust, I watched TNA during this time and I was like who? Than I was like oh, ok, which doesn't stand as making someone seem succesful.

Are you just grasping at things to do threads about? I don't see how, in any way or on any level, the Naturals could possibly be seen as successes because despite winning tag team titles and having short, forgettable reigns, they've done nothing to cement their place in any level of wrestling history, and they're not even in TNA or in any wrestling company of value anymore. They've fallen into obscurity and are doing nothing in the wrestling business. Success isn't ever determined in the short term but the long term. So personally, I don't see the purpose of asking an obvious question.

Are you just grasping at things to do threads about? I don't see how, in any way or on any level, the Naturals could possibly be seen as successes because despite winning tag team titles and having short, forgettable reigns, they've done nothing to cement their place in any level of wrestling history, and they're not even in TNA or in any wrestling company of value anymore. They've fallen into obscurity and are doing nothing in the wrestling business. Success isn't ever determined in the short term but the long term. So personally, I don't see the purpose of asking an obvious question.

Read the thread again. The Success, Bust or In-Between polls are designed to gauge the careers of the individual(s) during their time with TNA – not in what they did prior or afterward. Both are entirely irrelevant to the discussion.

Am I grasping at things to do threads about? No, not at all – I have a number of other former TNA-talents who will be polled at some point or another. I just like to spread them out so as not to "blow my load" so-to-speak, and I was asked to do one for the Naturals by another user.

I started watching TNA around the time they left so I got to go by the stats you listed for us. Sounds like a success to me. Every team they feuded with were great teams and they got 2 runs with the tag titles. Also if they didn't see anything in the team they wouldn't have aligned them with Jimmy Hart and later Shane Douglas.

I wish I could go by what I saw to make this more fair but the only thing I saw was the tail end of their run with Shane Douglas. Douglas did a good job making me feel like they were more than credible during that short period of time so im confident with my success vote.

Bust, they struggled to find a gimmick or anything that could make them a interesting tag team, they had 3 big names align themselves with them and none got them really over. Okay they hold the titles twice but they were never the top tag team like the three tag teams you put as there notable feuds. They were a fine addition to the division, but not much more.

I remember these guys, but I doubt I will in ten years. So bust.

Bust. Managing to be average in a promotion like TNA with whom they had to work with at the time speaks for itself. If you couldn't get over feuding with AMW for 2 years, you deserve to be forgotten. People still rave about AMW, XxX and at least petey from Team Canada. When's the last time you heard about either one of these jabronies

I personally liked Andy Douglas and Chase Stevens. They were great in the ring and worked very well together. I'd have to say they are in-between though, they weren't really a bust because TNA featured them pretty prominently back when they were with the company, but they just failed to get over with the crowd in the long run.

I always thought a repackaged Naturals in the WWE would work great..... if the WWE had a tag-team divison.

Bust. They did have 2 title reigns and I remembered liking their matches in their last reign against AMW. The problem is that looking back, I'm starting to think it was more of AMW than the Naturals. They lacked charisma and yeah big names were alligned with them but here's the problem. THe last one put with them was Shane Douglas. If Douglas couldn't help get them back to what they were when they were champs or when they were with Candido (god rest his soul), then hope did they have? There was a glimmer of hope in a tag team battle royal when the Naturals won a title shot over AMW. But that faded quickly after LAX smoked them in the tag match. And somebody said this earlier in this thread and I agree with it. America's Most Wanted, Triple X, 3 Live Kru, Team Canada. Those are the teams that people are remembering in TNA. I wish I could say the Naturals are on that list. But I can't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back