Success, Bust or In-Between: Matt Hardy

Success, Bust or In Between: Matt Hardy?

• Success

• Bust

• In Between

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would put his run in TNA as a bust considering all the circumstances. He had a good start in the upper mid card, and he even tagged with Jeff against Beer Money. I think it was a wasted opportunity to not have The Hardy Boys have more matches on the show. I guess I could understand since Jeff was the TNA Heavyweight champion and had has debacle at Victory Road. There wasn't much left for Matt Hardy to do. Bully Ray stepped up as the head of the Immortal in Jeff's absence while Matt became lazy and missed shows.

Matt and Jeff both had great opportunities to excel in TNA, they just let their personal problems catch up to them. Maybe Jeff isn't a loss, but Matt certainly is. There is no way for him to redeem himself after what happened.

I voted bust. I'm one of the few guys that say I'm a fan of both Hardys, one of the fewer actually willing to admit it, but He just didn't pan out how I had hoped.

He came in because he wanted his shot at the main event, but then debuted in a group where he played second fiddle to his brother.

I was really hoping he'd get his shot at the main event scene, but it just didn't work. Hopefully he can get his shit together and come back, or go back to WWE. I hope the best for him.

For me he's in between. I know he'll conjure a huge number of bust votes, but I thought his debut was rather clever with RVD demanding "Hardy" and Bischoff giving him one — just not the one he wanted.

I say bust now heres why, Hardy had no ilnesses in WWE, yes he was in bad shape but in TNA Hardy was suspended over the "same issues" as his brother Jeff, secondly his career in TNA started off great but became stagnated as the company was attempting to find ways to keep Hardy relevant without his brother Jeff.

He was in much better shape than he left WWE in and looked to be excited about the opportunity behind joining TNA, but dug his own grave behind the scenes.

Again its all about politics, in WWE he was at least utilized in the upper midcard but within TNA he wasn't doing much, Hardy held no titles, no notable feuds apart from immortal but again unlike WWE where Hardy was still utilized without his brother TNA didnt do anything else once Jeff was suspended. Thing also went from bad to worse when Matt started to post videos of his girlfriend and himself getting tazered, the worst part here is TNA releasing the guy at least WWE stand by its stars through their troubles instead of releasing them off the bat, If i were Matt I would get help and hopefully come out of this stronger.

On screen, however, he did just fine. His matches certainly weren't five star events, but they were entertaining and filled the cards he was working just fine.

He did ok, but again it didnt match anything Matt had done previously, his most notable feud was with RVD, I can name six different stars that Matt actually had notable feuds with in WWE than his TNA run, for me his TNA run seems more like a hicup than an actual decent run maybe moreso because it was short lived.

Bust, he's nothing more than a low card worker who's ranked high because of his past 10 10-12 ago in the tag division. Matt CAN'T have a good singles match that is strictly wrestling based. Give him a prop like TLC, Cage or Tables, Street fight etc and he's greatly enhanced but wrestling he sucks and believes his own hype.

Personally he's a failure to himself, he never admits his short comings, he blames everyone for his short downfalls, I'm truly surprised Reby?? his GF is sticking by him, she could and would do a helluva a lot better than Matt.

His TNA run was a bust.

His debut was inventive, and tied in to Jeff's storyline. Since then all he's seemed to do is talk about being cold blooded and done NOTHING. Matt needs to retire from pro-wrestling. He's bought his own hype and trolled myspace and twitter for years now and fans kiss his ass but in reality he's done NOTHING since MVP feud in 07-08 and before that Edge/Lita and he was still made to look like a chump in that feud.

He's a tag wrestler that gets carried by his peers period. His TNA run for a low carder would normally be good but for Matt Hardy the guy who reckons he's a ratings draw yada yada yada, he's nothing but a has-been, his career is over. he's a bust.

Matt started off pretty hot in TNA and he was entertaining again. I enjoyed his work and he seem to have turned the page. Then it just all started to fall down hill. He got caught up in the backstage stuff and his out of the ring lifestyle was catching up to him. He certainly started off as a success and I'd consider voting in between, but I think in the end it was a bust. If he would have stayed a month or so longer and picked up some big wins or even competed and hung around in the BFG series I'd go with in between, but when taking everything into account it spiraled downhill after a successful start. Gotta go with bust.

He didn't do anything. No meaningful matches, no meaningful angles, nothing at all. I can put aside my disdain for Hardy and still, all I come up with is bust.

If we're going by his career overall then yes, he certainly would be a success. He's gone further than he ever really should have with his limited abilities. But in TNA, he was nothing. I wonder how awful it must be to know that you're a worse wrestler than Bubba Ray Dudley.

Total bust. He should of never left the WWE. Take a leave lose the weight come back focused and ready to go. Instead he runs to TNA with his Stoner Brother and gets fired from a DUI. Total waste of talent such a pity. The Hardys are turning into the modern day Von Erich's.

Well considering he was only with TNA for 7 months and held zero titles there's all the proof you need

BUST

This is obvious and for those who didn't vote bust I would love to watch wrestling threw your eyes. Matt Hardy done nothing in TNA. He was a lackey to Immortal, tried to win tag belts and looked bad while doing it, done nothing major and even his 'cold blood' gimmick got boring fast. Most guys who go form WWE to TNA usually have a good career, hold a championship and showcase better talent but Matt Hardy done none of that.

Bust? You should've put a "Dud" option. He was a bomb that rolled with the fuse on, rolled, rolled, kept on rolling, Undertaker's gong goes off, Limp Bizkit plays, Matt's still rolling, fuse already off, he never blew. He did hit a tree though. Matt was given a major platform in Immortal while Jeff was still around and when Jeff fell, Matt had a huge chance to grab the ball and... Roll. But Bully Ray kicked his ass to it while Matt was too busy throwing the weight he was given backstage and low and behold. They say the higher you are harder you fall, but Matt proved logic wrong once again.

In WWE Matt was the always underestimated go-to midcarder. In TNA, he was looking the glass ceiling dead on. He went for the taser on a table to the side and ignored the ceiling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back