• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Success, Bust or In-Between: Sabu

Success, Bust or In-Between: Sabu

• Success

• Bust

• In-Between

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
You know the series by now, I'd hope, but for those of you who don't, here's the run down:

• Former talents of TNA are to be critiqued regarding their work with TNA, and only their work with TNA for the basis of these polls.
• Any work from the performer that was not done during his/her tenure during TNA should not factor into your vote.
• You can vote them either a success, a bust or in-between if you don't feel they deserve either extreme.

In addition to your vote, I'd like to know why you feel the way you do. Why was this particular charater a succes, a bust or in-between?

Next in the series is Sabu.

----------

Sabu.jpg

Sabu
Years with TNA: 4 (2002-2006)
Number of titles runs: none

--------------------
Notable Feuds:
--------------------
• Malice (2002)
• CM Punk & Julio Dinero via Raven (2004)
• Monty Brown & Abyss (2004)
• Raven (2004)
• Jeff Jarrett & Rhino via Raven (2005)
• Abyss (2005)
• Samoa Joe (2006)

--------------------
Other Accomplishments:
--------------------
• Debuted in TNA in 2002 in a ladder match against Malice
• Took part in the first-ever Barbed Wire Massacre match at Turning Point 2005.
• Wrestled his last match in TNA on April 23, 2006 at Lockdown against Samoa Joe for the X Division Championship

--------------------
Previous Polls:
--------------------

• Christian Cage – 87.72% Success, 12.28% In-Between, 0% Bust
• Booker T – 46.43% Bust, 33.93% In-Between, 19.64% Success
• Petey Williams – 52.50% In-Between, 35.00% Success, 12.50% Bust
• Gail Kim – 61.54% Success, 19.23% In-Between, 19.23% Bust
• Senshi – 66.67% Success, 28.57% In-Between, 4.76% Bust
• Monty Brown – 54.05% Bust, 27.03% In-Between, 18.92% Success
• Awesome Kong – 82.61% Success, 13.04% Bust, 4.35% In-Between
• Christopher Daniels – 68.97% Success, 20.69% In-Between, 10.34% Bust
• Consequences Creed – 80.77% Bust, 19.23% In-Between, 0.00% Success
• Sheik Abdul Bashir – 44.00% In-Between, 44.00% Bust, 12.00% Success
• The Naturals – 48.00% Bust, 28.00% Success, 24.00% In-Between
• Traci Brooks – 61.29% Bust, 25.81% In-Between, 12.90% Success
• Johnny Devine – 79.31% Bust, 17.24% In-Between, 3.45% Success[/i]
• "The Franchise" Shane Douglas – 35.90% Success, 35.90% Bust, 28.21%% In-Between

I personally thought it was a success!

A lot of people like the point the finger that Sabu can't be in a good match unless it's got a freak stipulation but I disagree.

I feel he can carry his own in a traditional match and have always enjoyed his work!

I personally enjoyed his work with Sonjay Dutt in TNA. Of course a lot of people will mention the feuds with Raven and Abyss.. but I guess I'll be the minority and say I don't necessarily think Sabu needs barbed wire and a chair to get me to watch!

As with Shane Douglas, Sabu's time in TNA was a complete and total bust. As with Shane Douglas and so many ECW alumni, Sabu has been able to milk the time he spent in ECW in order to sustain his career and remain relevant to fans of ECW or hardcore wrestling in general.

Also, as with Shane Douglas, I think Sabu is highly overrated and is praised well beyond his actual abilities by long time, diehard fans of ECW. Outside of a hardcore environment, I can't really think of anything particularly memorable about Sabu. If it doesn't involve garbage cans, steel chairs, ladders, tables, barbed wire or kendo sticks, then Sabu pretty much means nothing in my view.

How would I rank Sabu's tenure in TNA? How's this for an answer; I didn't even remember him being in TNA! How's that for an impact (no pun intended)??

Sabu has been completely overrated since day one. All the guy does is mutilate his body and do a ton of dangerous flips. He's not a technical wrestler by any means and has never possessed any pro-wrestling skills besides massacring himself. He has no charisma, no mic skills, and really brings nothing to the table except how unique he was. But even THAT is limited.

He was a bust, all the way.

I am going to have to go with between because i remember this guy was good in ECW, but when he went to WWE he was doing the same thing, but there was a point where WWE was upset that Sabu began to lack off and before they let him go, they put him in a match a one on one match without extreme rules, i am not surprise when i watch the match he really couldn't do anything in that match, it was like he really sucked that bad without using weapons.I mean its like wow this guy is good when it comes to flippin over the ropes with chairs and tables and cant pull a good match without extreme rules, it makes u wonder if all ECW guys are like that

What Jack-Hammer said. The fact that I only remember the fact that he was in the first Barb-Wire Massacre match and a feud against Samoa Joe speaks for how much Sabu meant to TNA. Other then that though, Sabu wasn't even worth my time to make this post.

I had to vote bust...

I'm a huge fan of Sabu, but TNA for him wasn't all that good..
I do remember his fights with Samoa Joe and of course his match with Abyss which was crazy...other than that...he wasn't really anyone serious in TNA and for that reason he has to be a bust...

The fact is that he managed to make Abyss look like a monster. Something he has not been able to get back. He would bump for the guy and put his body on the line and although he did it all his career, he never really managed to make anyone else look good while doing it.

For that I'd consider his a mild success.

Bust? You people think Sabu was a bust in TNA? It's Sabu. What did you waant out the guy? A reign as World Champion? The freakin' face of TNA? Come on. He's a success. Everything that he could've offered, he did. Maybe a reign as X Division was lacked in there, but really. Could you ask for more from the guy? He's past his prime. Not only that but his prime wasn't that good to begin with. I love Sabu because the guy is very reliable and no matter how bad he screws up, he keeps going. He's a self mutilating hardcore wrestler. He doesn't exactly have the same personality as Mick Foley so how could you expect him to go any higher than what he did? Sabu was a success in TNA. Whatever nut job thinks he's a bust seriously should re-evaluate Sabu's career and explain just what else could he offer.

I think its crazy how you guys can look at sabu as a freak that needs a gimmick to get by but he is not the only one look at mick foley terry funk and even abyss they all wrestle the same his tna run was a sucsess based on the fact that he is 100 times better than their best gimmick match guy who is a main eventer abyss and he can hold his own without a chair or barbed wire check out his matches with kurt angle and with

I think its crazy how you guys can look at sabu as a freak that needs a gimmick to get by but he is not the only one look at mick foley terry funk and even abyss they all wrestle the same his tna run was a sucsess based on the fact that he is 100 times better than their best gimmick match guy who is a main eventer abyss and he can hold his own without a chair or barbed wire check out his matches with kurt angle and w

I actually voted him bust by mistake – meant to say success, because for what Sabu is/was, he was successful in TNA with it. Namely, hardcore matches – the very thing he thrived on.

Unfortunately I can't move my vote here – perhaps a global moderator can – but what you feel about Sabu personally aside, his tenure in TNA was an astounding success.

I'm going to have to say success as well. Sabu wasn't brought into TNA to be Kurt Angle. He was brought in to be a hardcore wrestler and he delivered with his matches against Raven and Abyss.

I think it was a success. Anything Sabu did before his WWECW run was a success. Before he joined WWECW, Sabu was still regarded highly by the smart and hardcore fans but ever since his WWE run, he has been a bum ever since kind of like Tommy Dreamer. But for the question, it was a success. His TNA run is his 2nd most successful run next to his ECW run imo.

Success, Sabu is a crash-test dummy, he's always been that sort of person. And that's all TNA needed from him. His matches against guys like Abyss and Hardy were fun to watch and it's not like you really expect much from Sabu beyond nasty bumps and spots. For what he is, Sabu was a success he helped get Abyss over as a hardcore machine and he added a little more depth to certain matches.

Hey Yo!

Honestly im gonna go with in-between, you could always rely on Sabu to put on something entertaining and death-defying, even if he got hurt he would get the fuck back up and botch er, i mean wrestle but jokes aside he was just fun to watch in every aspect he brought something unique and different from other wrestlers and knew how to use foreign objects in any way possible, but one flaw is he is only to me remmebered for all the hardcore matches he has been through nothing else.

i say success, hell he did the same thing he always did and thats just be sabu,all of you complainig that all he could do was wrestle in hardcore matches,well so what, what did you want from him ? that was his thing and what made him(somewhat) famous, he was like the modern era abdulla the butcher he may not have held a shitload of world titles but he sure left a lasting impression wherever he went.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back