Stupid Storylines You Loved

I have to go with Moppy for this one. Perry Saturn choosing to date Moppy over Terri Runnels was bizarre enough, but then the whole where's moppy? saga. Featured a classic segment between William Regal, Tajiri and Saturn, where Regal was trying to tell Saturn he found Moppy, and Saturn saying "That's not Moppy! That's just a mop with a face drawn on it" Gold!!

HBK & God vs. Vince and Shane

Was it wrong? Of course. You can't deny it was in bad taste.

Did it make for some great promos? Definitely. The match was awesome too, except for the finish. Shawn Michaels may very well be the best performer ever, and this match is not an exception. Vintage Vinny Mac.

I agree with this lol. Some people hated it, but honestly, I loved it. I just thought it was so funny. When they had that light come down the ramp, I remember cracking up. And hey, it really wasn't that bad a feud, really.

Speaking of gold, one of my favorite storylines was where Evolution electrocuted (by accident?) Golddust. After his shock, Golddust began to have studder to the point where he had Turrent Syndrome. Every vinette that he did was absolutely hysterical. It really showed the kind of range that he had as a character.

Haha, I remember this to. That was pretty funny.

Does anyone remember when they had Chris Benoit defeat Orlando Jordan in a match in less than a minute, back in......oh idunno....2003?....and then for like a month afterwards on every Smackdown they had some segment with Benoit going around doing things that he could also accomplish in less than a minute. And they had a clock on the top right hand corner. And in one of the segments he went to the bathroom and took a piss and he's like," See, I can also take a piss in under a minute". Haha, I remember this storyline because of that one line! On second thought, this wasn't a stupid storyline, this was great!

Another storyline I'd like to bring up was back in '98 when they had the Mark Henry/Chyna love angle. I thought it was pretty funny and I'm actually dissapointed they didn't actually have them get together in the end. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I don't remember it perfectly, but I don't remember any pro-longed relationship angle between the two of them ever coming to fruition, but it would have been great if they had. Maybe it would have stopped Mark Henry from getting involved with Mae Young :disappointed:

How about Big Bossman feeding Al Snow his dog Pepper.....or when Chavo Guerrero had his toy horse Pepe thrown in the wood chipper....or Big Show riding his father's casket as Bossman drug it with his car....those were all classic

I just watched Judgement Day 2006 when Booker T won the King of the Ring, and I have to say I loved Booker's king gimmick. Booker doing the ridiculous accent and hand gestures made me laugh everytime. It seems a lot of people give this storyline flack, but I thought it was very entertaining. Just the little things like calling Teddy Long Thadeaus, and making royal decrees just hit the spot for me. He was just the last person i would expect acting and talking like that, and honestly I thought it was great.

I must be alone in this one, but because of my passion for Drew McIntyre, I loved the "program" they ran for he and Teddy Long even though it was one of the dumbest I've ever witnessed.

After a real-life stay in WWE Purgatory, Drew was given a chance by Teddy to rejoin the roster. All he had to do was win a match set up by Teddy..... and Drew would be back in the fold.

Trouble was, Drew couldn't get the victory... no way, no how. And it's not as if Teddy was throwing Drew guys such as Brad Maddox has had to face to accomplish essentially the same thing. While Maddox finds himself opposing giants and other top-line guys, Drew was being fed people like Santino and Zack Ryder, for pete's sake. Still, he couldn't buy a victory until John Laurinaitis stepped in and gave him Hornswoggle. I was sitting there, scared to death he was going to lose to the dwarf, but Drew took the "glorious" victory and kept his spot on the roster.

Okay, so the follow-up: Why did Laurinaitis step in? Why did he give Drew a sure thing? Why did he want to involve himself in the first place?......Answer: we don't know. They never did anything else with the program, which is the main factor that made the whole thing ridiculous.

Then: What was WWE intending with this stupid program? I (foolishly) figured Drew was in line for a push, otherwise, why bother with this losing streak garbage in the first place?....Answer: We never found out the purpose. As far as we knew, giving Drew a losing streak was a beginning and ending in itself. Positively ass-holian in concept.

Okay, this qualifies as a stupid storyline, right? So, why did I love it?

The answer is obvious, since I'm Drew's biggest fan (and future love interest;)). I think it's understood that winning or losing isn't as important to a WWE performer as airtime, right? For almost two years before this program, Drew had been given virtually no time on TV, except for isolated "jobber" moments, and the occasional victory on Superstars. In 2011, he was even left home during the European tour, which must have embarrassed him when his family and friends saw WWE playing Glasgow and realized their guy hadn't even made the trip.

I figured he was close to being future endeavored, yet wondered how a guy so young and talented (and gorgeous) could possibly be let go.

As it turns out, the question hasn't been fully answered yet, but it's encouraging that Drew finally has a program to run with. There's absolutely nothing wrong in being paired with a couple other mid-carders to start something that allows audiences to see them again, hopefully culminating in all three being given a chance to show their wares for future programs (a la Nexus).

So, the storyline was uber-stupid, yet I loved it what ultimately came out of it. I guess we'll never know whether the writers intended for more to happen, and simply dropped it......or whether they did exactly what they meant to.

But, man, was it stupid.

There are too many. I would like to start this by saying that currently 3MB are my favourite stupid storyline. The concept of this small faction is simply baffling but works so well. Team Hell No is also in the same boat.

As for anything in the past, I personally liked anything with Golddust. I understand his comedic persona somewhat took away from his in-ring ability but he was always spot on. His work with Booker T was fantastic.

I just saw this one reading through a different thread, but I'm surprised no one has mentioned the whole illegitimate son storyline and it turning out to be hornswaggle, idk who was creative enough and well I guess dumb enough to put that out there, but it worked... the moment when it was revealed to be hornswaggle and HHH just laughin his ass off next to vince, then it came to hornswaggle wrecking the mcmahon family photo

Might just be me, but I was hoping for a legititmate payoff to Mae Young's hand birth. The things that come out of that woman!

As someone else here stated ... I immediately thought of Booker T. as King Booker.

It was completely ridiculous. And somehow it was golden. I thought I hated it as first, but as it went on it just got funnier and better.

I also am one of the few people that LOVED the Kurt Angle chasing around Sharmell storyline because it was so ridiculously bad. That was mentioned way back on the first page as well. It was so stupid and in such bad taste, but for whatever reason I just thought it was hilarious.

Speaking of gold, one of my favorite storylines was where Evolution electrocuted (by accident?) Golddust. After his shock, Golddust began to have studder to the point where he had Turrent Syndrome. Every vinette that he did was absolutely hysterical. It really showed the kind of range that he had as a character.

Totally agree. Goldust was perhaps one of the biggest envelope pushers in the industry, especially when he debuted. I never laughed so hard as I did when he came out to confront Triple H and Ric Flair, in defense of his pal Booker T. Stuttering out the phrase "Deep down.....deep down THERE (pointing at Triple H's groin).....in the cock! The Cock! The cock-cock-cockles.....the COCKLES DAMMIT! COCKLES!!!
There was also the time when Booker got himself a lady friend to join him in his hotel room. While she went to freshen up, Booker could hardly contain himself, as he fumbled around in the dark to strip down. Then he slides into bed, only to freak out as he turns the lamp on and finds Goldust in his bed!!! Very hilarious moment.
I also have to say, somewhat embarrassingly, that I did find just about everything involving "Big Dick Johnson" really funny. Something about a short obese Chippendales wannabe writhing around all greased up in the middle of the ring made me laugh uncontrollably.

I was just watching Best Ladder Matches II(Or whatever it's called) on Netflix and was reminded of one of my favorite dumb stables ever: 3 Count.

If you don't remember or weren't a fan of WCW I'll jog your memory: 3 Count was the stable of Shane Helms, Shannon Moore, and Evan Karagias, three cruiserweights that I really loved watching at that time. Their gimmick was that they were a terrible boy band that would come down to the ring and sing and dance, I thought it was super funny at the time. At some point Tank Abbott(the MMA fighter) joined the group saying he was a huge fan of theres. They had an awesome 3v3 ladder match against the Jung Dragons for a gold record and a recording contract that at the end of the match Tank danced off with up the stage. It was just stupid fun.

I always loved when WCW brought in a celebrity. Karl Malone and Dennis Rodman made that storyline great. I think when they brought in Leno and that whole little schtick it was pretty stupid. But Malone and Rodman actually showed they had some athleticism.

Another one I truly enjoyed, despite my loathing of "goof ball" Santino over a serious, ass whooping Santino, which he was in developmental, was his bringing in his "sister" Santina to win top diva or some obnoxious shit like that. It was clean fun, and made me legit laugh every time I saw it.

I was just recently watching the Undertaker vs Undertaker storyline on youtube, I really enjoyed this as well. Like you, I enjoyed almost all of Undertaker's storylines that I've seen, despite that some people say they get repetitive.

Storyline was good, match was crap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back