• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Strikeforce: Overeem vs. Werdum II

INDYjon22

Nome is where your heart is
strikeforce-overeem-vs-werdum.png

Main Card
Alistair Overeem
OvereemBuentello.jpg

vs.
Fabricio Werdum

FabricioWerdum_weirdface.jpg

Josh Barnett
barnett.jpg

vs.
Brett Rogers

brett_rogers_dayjob.jpg

Rest of Main Card
K.J. Noons vs. Jorge Masvidal
Daniel Cormier vs. Jeff Monson
Valentijn Overeem vs. Chad Griggs

Preliminary Card (HDNet)
Gesias “JZ” Cavalcante vs. Justin Wilcox
Conor Heun vs. Magno Almeida
Nah-Shon Burrell vs. Joe Ray
Todd Moore vs. Mike Bronzoulis
Brian Melancon vs. Isaac Vallie-Flagg

Tonight, the Strikeforce Grand Prix continues with two big time bouts featuring Overeem vs. Werdum and Barnett vs. Rogers. As well as the mini tournament, known as the reserve bouts which will feature Cormier vs. Monson and Overeem vs. Griggs. And, a scrap between two exciting fighters in KJ Noons and Jorge Masvidal.

Overeem will be attempting to defeat the odds, by not losing and proving that the outcome of this tournament is a sham if he wins it all. And, judging from the weigh in photos of Werdum he shouldn't have that much trouble. That said, Werdum is still a wizard on the ground and Reem really needs to avoid taking it there, that is how he lost last time. Should be an interesting clash of styles.

Barnett vs. Rogers will be a slugfest. No ifs, ands, or buts about it. Rogers only know how to punch and Barnett will oblige him, until he finally decides to stop messing around and tap Rogers out. However, Barnett will have to avoid getting punched because one shot from Rogers and it will be lights out. Should be a fun match up.

And King Karl returns to action for the first time since his fight with Nick Diaz. He is looking to prove something against Masvidal and rise up the ranks of the Lightweight division. Should be a fast paced, hard hitting match up.

As always remember, DO NOT POST SPOILERS! The undercard may be used to fill in time slots if needed and the results don't need to be discussed.

I wish we could have a Rogan/Goldie commentary option for Strikeforce. Their commentators make my ears bleed.

Around 10. Yeah Fizzy, I don't like the SF commentary team at all, but at least they are fun to make jokes about.

Also, I will actually be here for this LD tonight. It is the first one I have been able to attend in a few months. Pretty pumped to join you boys.

I might be watching Triplemania instead. Not sure yet. Depends on my streaming situation.

I'll be here as well. Next PPV I won't be here for will be 134. Can't fucking wait.

Ordering it on my giant tv downstairs and I am without a laptop to bring with me. I may post here and there on my ipod, but won't be here most of the time.

Ah, that's understandable. I might go to the bar to watch Rio for free, but then again it is a card well worth ordering.

Any news on AA? I've been practically praying for him to retire now because it's painful to watch.

As for Fitch, the only fights i've watched of his are GSP and BJ. That's saying something considering nearly every dvd I have, he is on.

AA isn't up to anything right now. I think he'll probably take another fight and depending on the outcome it'll determine his career. Obviously another loss would effectively mark the end of the line. Personally, I would love to see him fight again, but it is getting so damn hard to watch him get knocked out over an over again. I just hope he gets out of the sport without suffering some serious injury. I would enjoy seeing him fight CroCop in a loser retires fight. Or they both just retire.

Cro Cop would beat AA at this point in time. I feel like Cro Cop can take more punishment at this point in their career's. He looked good against Schaub as well.

I think if Arlovski pushed the pace then it is very likely he would get KTFO by CC. However, if he fought like he did in the beginning of the Sergei fight and didn't get himself caught against the cage, then he would stand a chance at getting a decision win.

It's possible, but one solid punch/kick from Cro Cop and it's over. I think a CC/Nog rematch is much more intriguing.

Yeah, I agree with that. I would absolutely love to see that rematch and I really wish it would have been made for the Rio card.

I'm content with watching Nog rip Schaub's arm out of it's socket. I'm so happy with the Rio card as it is. The only thing I would change about it is maybe add Vitor/Wand or something on there instead of the Cane fight on the main card. I'm not mad because it will be a fairly good war, but would prefer another high profile fight.

I 100% agree with the Wand/Vitor fight. I was really hoping that would have gotten put together, but Vitor/Akiyama and Wand/Leben should be fun.

I wish one of those two fights were at Rio. Oh well, I get to see Edson fight on the PPV and the top three fights are fucking amazing.

Listening to Avenged Sevenfold's live album until start time. Doesn't get much better than this.

"I don't see his firefighting buddies racing to put this fire out!"

Didn't have to wait long before I got my first laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back