Storyline-wise, Does Vince Have the Power to Fire Laurinitis?

SixMovesOfDoom

Occasional Pre-Show
Now maybe this is a failure on my part by not keeping track of the WWE power-struggle storyline, but I wonder.

As someone who still remembers the Attitude Era, I am excited to see Vinnie Mac return to Raw tonight. What will he do to Johnny Ace?

And that question is where questions started to appear for me. In real life, Vince has power in the company. But I thought when it came to the on-screen storyline, Vince had lost his power to HHH. H remains the COO and Laurinitis is GM of Raw and Smackdown. So what (on-screen) power position does Vince MacMahon still have?

I guess they will address him as the "Chairman of the WWE", but if that position remains for him and is a position of power and influence, then what was the big deal in the Board of Directors "relieving him of his duties" last year?

So all that being said, what can on-screen MacMahon actually do to Laurinitis?

I welcome all corrections on my assessment of the storyline in relation to Vince's on-screen powers to hire and fire.

If I remember correctly, Vince was releaved of his day to day duties. They made it out that the "board" did not feel he was fit to run the Raw anymore so HHH got that power which was eventually shifted to Johnny. So in the storyline, Johnny runs the everyday things on both shows, but he has to report to HHH who in turn would report to Vince because Vince still owns the company in storyline.

The on-screen angle is Vince McMahon was relieved of his day-to-day duties running Monday Night RAW due to his decisions while running the show. He is still the on-screen Chairman of the company and still has the power he once had, before this. Plus he has been placed into the position of evaluating John Lauriniatis' job performance by the board of directors so had he not the power, he still would due to being given it by the board. However that is irrelevant, Vince does have the power, he is still the on-screen Chairman of the company, he just can't run Monday Night RAW.

I can't see them firing JL tonight...after all, they went through all that trouble to put together the People Power Wheelchair!

Seriously, we all want to see it because JL is a decent heel and getting some good heat. Everyone wanted to see Vicky fired when she was GM of Smackdown. It's not going to happen. In fact, you can bet that whatever does happen won't even come close to living up to the hype of a VKM appearance.

Story line wise, vince has no pull. He was relieved of his duties. Story line wise, hhh is the boss. Wwe has so many holes in their story line logic.

When will they realize that all these storyline authority figures do not draw. The board of directors doesn't draw. Johnny ace doesn't draw. Vince would probably still draw. Hhh only draws when he's performing in ring.

No one will spend 55$ on a ppv for a board or for johnny ace. People hand that cash over for good matchups and quality in ring content.

Storylinr wise, it's 88% cena and 10% punk. Other 2% is commercials. That may pose a problem. CREATE NEW STARS. SEE OUT STORYLINES. PLEASE

Story line wise, vince has no pull. He was relieved of his duties. Story line wise, hhh is the boss. Wwe has so many holes in their story line logic.

When will they realize that all these storyline authority figures do not draw. The board of directors doesn't draw. Johnny ace doesn't draw. Vince would probably still draw. Hhh only draws when he's performing in ring.

No one will spend 55$ on a ppv for a board or for johnny ace. People hand that cash over for good matchups and quality in ring content.

Storylinr wise, it's 88% cena and 10% punk. Other 2% is commercials. That may pose a problem. CREATE NEW STARS. SEE OUT STORYLINES. PLEASE

Hey Einstein, he was relieved of his duties concerning Raw. He is still the owner and it's damn near impossible to fire an owner.

To answer the question yes Vince can fire JL. Like others in the thread have said Vince was relieved of his duties running Raw.

Interesting surprise is that apparently Laryngitis isn't the official Exec VP of Talent Relations anymore. In the news on the main page, he was removed from that, effectively making him an on-air only guy. That being said, I would be honestly surprised if he was fired tonight.

Any rate, the original post was more about whether or not Vince has the power and yes he does, overall. He owns the company, he just cannot run Monday Night Raw on a weekly basis, hence Trips and later Laryngitis taking over.

So does that mean Vince McMahon was the "Anonymous Raw General Manager" all along? Or maybe big Johnny was the anonymous GM? I have no idea. I couldn't begin to guess what is going to happen on Raw tonight because the show has become very hard to follow. I thought TNA didn't make sense, Raw is so much worse right now.

Storyline wise, you can ret-con just about anything and get people to accept it. We're forgetting that Vince McMahon was blown up in a limo a few years ago.

That being said, if the storyline calls for Vince to fire Laurinaitis, he'll have the power to do it. If it doesn't, then he won't have to have that power. Tune in and find out.

Storyline wise, you can ret-con just about anything and get people to accept it. We're forgetting that Vince McMahon was blown up in a limo a few years ago.

Actually, they explained that, Vince supposedly wanted to see if people would care that he was gone, however they'd no alternative but to take a u-turn in the angle due to the death of Chris Benoit and the fact that Vince had to make the public address being the owner of the company. It was technically a good move, because when they pulled that angle, any forum I was on at the time had people complaining they'd removed Vince from television for good, considering, most people enjoy the Mr. McMahon character.

Actually, they explained that, Vince supposedly wanted to see if people would care that he was gone, however they'd no alternative but to take a u-turn in the angle due to the death of Chris Benoit and the fact that Vince had to make the public address being the owner of the company. It was technically a good move, because when they pulled that angle, any forum I was on at the time had people complaining they'd removed Vince from television for good, considering, most people enjoy the Mr. McMahon character.
I am well aware of how they ret-conned that. That was the point I was making, but thank you for making it obvious for the people here who don't understand subtext.

I am well aware of how they ret-conned that. That was the point I was making, but thank you for making it obvious for the people here who don't understand subtext.

Well, another thing, had that limo not blown up, Paul London would be a main-eventer. o.o

Nah, but in all seriousness, Vince definitely has the power to fire Big Johnny, but will it happen? WWE's corporate site leads me to believe he will be. I'm in the minority here though.

Where there's a pen, there's a way. If they wanted to they could write that Vince fires Big Johnny and replaces him with a gorilla named Bobobo Bobobobobo.

Hey Einstein, he was relieved of his duties concerning Raw. He is still the owner and it's damn near impossible to fire an owner.

To answer the question yes Vince can fire JL. Like others in the thread have said Vince was relieved of his duties running Raw.

Hey, Einstein.

He was removed of his day-to-day duties. STORYLINE WISE.

Hence him crying and triple h saying i love you pop. That's why hhh is the coo.

Holes in logic is my point. If not everyone completely understands the situation, then you have logic problems. Storyline wise.

If vince is chairman of the board, how did the board make a decision to relieve vince?
Imaginary storyline board relieves real life chairman of board.

Einstein, fuck you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back