• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Story line in the making

Fuel The Fire

Getting Noticed By Management
With Jericho making a comment with the gm "if you don't place me back in the main event at night of champions I will hunt you down and find you!" could that turn into a good story line? I know both edge and Jericho are doing the same thing with the gm. But I wonder would it have been better to leave Jericho out of the match so he can go a hunting spree and look for the gm and do what they did?

Will the work off that and have Jericho hunt for him still or maybe even have edge and Jericho team up looking for the gm. I was just wondering because with the comment that Jericho made, that made for a very interesting story line IMO.
So what do you guys think? Will they work off that at all?

I don't think they're going to work off of the "i will hunt you down and find you" because for one, Jericho isn't a psychopath and two, Jericho's back in the main event. That's bad logic, don't you think? Plus, Jericho's got too much talent; why would they make Jericho some jobber who goes around hunting for a mysterious GM? That's a complete waste of talent. If they're going to do that, then he may aswell go to CZW or some shit like that.

I don't see it being an interesting storyline. They don't need to add to the mysterious GM storyline anyway, it's already becoming dry and the email's are quite annoying. Plus, it spoils the novelty of it anyhoo because on most episodes of Raw you can blatently see Michael Cole reading stuff from a Word file. They could at least try and make it look professional like opening up Hotmail or Microsoft Outlook.. anyway..

No, they won't work off of this and turn it into a storyline. Bad idea, bad logic, bad booking.

Ok so not Jericho, but what about edge? I could see edge going back to what is a more of a crazy role "psychopath" type character. I think it would work for edge. He wouldn't have to job to anyone but just go on a hunting type spree "aka stone cold hunt". I think if they add a type of a hunt it may add something different to the gm story line since it is getting old and this may spice it up a little bit.

I think it would only be interesting if done right. It is definitely something Edge or Jericho could pull off. However I'm not sure I wanna see it done. It would get kind of pointless after a bit. Seriously where are they going to look besides the arena? It pretty much is a dying storyline before it starts. It would get redundant after awhile. The more interesting storyline is the potential of Edge holding out if he wins the championship.

Ok so not Jericho, but what about edge? I could see edge going back to what is a more of a crazy role "psychopath" type character. I think it would work for edge. He wouldn't have to job to anyone but just go on a hunting type spree "aka stone cold hunt". I think if they add a type of a hunt it may add something different to the gm story line since it is getting old and this may spice it up a little bit.

Edge still is his crazy "psychopath" character. He just isn't portraying it as much as he used to. He's still deranged and gets amped up when he goes for a spear. It's not that I'm totally against your idea of this "hunt" storyline, but honestly, I just don't see it being interesting. We've seen it before in alot more violent manner with Stone Cold when he tied Vince McMahon up and threatened to shoot him, causing him to wet himself.

I don't see how ressurecting an elder storyline from the late 90s is going to certify any main role in today's WWE. Sorry, dude.

I don't think it will be something only revolving around Chris Jericho and Edge really. Considering I'm sure a lot of the other people will eventually get bugged by the GM. Edge was annoyed and bugged by him last week, and this week it's Chris Jericho.

Eventually, the General Manager will have numerous people hunting him down, and that is what I believe would eventually become the storyline if there was actually one being made for this.

But even without a lot of additional people, I could see this turning into some sort of storyline. It probably won't be anything big, or anything extremely noteworthy. At least not compared to some of the stuff already going on on RAW, but it will definitely be something to look into.

The fact that it sounds like a pointless and uninteresting storyline makes me believe WWE will probably go with it. Maybe we will get Santino and Leslie Neilson to do some comedy investigative work. (sarcasm)

It could have really worked and also explain Jericho's upcoming absence when he takes time off to tour with Fozzy and also work out his contract negotiations with WWE. After he gets eliminated...Jericho states that he's leaving WWE and will not return until he brings back with him the "mysterious GM" who has ruined his life and reputation. It keeps Jericho's name in the show while negotiations continue and while he tours with his band.

i don't think it would make that great of a long storyline. It is something that is funny here and there and would be nice to see them keep up, but to develop it into a main storyline would be boring and probably crap. I can just see them ultimately with some ridiculous sketch that's corny as hell. I think they should have had Edge smash the laptop and then have the mystery GM finally reveal himself. The emails are beyond annoying and like Jericho I do not want to hear michael cole say he's got an email ever again. The mystery GM idea is as annoying as "they" in TNA in my opinion. I just hope they reveal who it is soon!

Okay, during that Jericho bit on RAW, I legit laughed my ass off when Jericho would tell Cole "shut up and read it." and all the other stuff he said. FINALLY someone says it. Could I see it? Yeah, I could. Morrison will interfere in the NOC match, getting Chris eliminated. Jericho goes on a hunt to find the GM. He'll come back in a month or so, revealing who it is. Gives him time off, and leaves us wondering who it will be more then ever. Why someone said this isn't Jericho's style, is beyond me. This is right up his alley. Always fighting injustice. Remember the protest to get back on RAW? This is just a step up.

Way to go crushing my though of it being Vince though Chris :( haha

I really hope this goes somewhere. Jericho needs a fued he has to go places now. I would love to see him just randomly going places to find the GM. But with that said I don't think it will happen. Not because it is not a good storyline if they decide to make it, but because be honest how far could it go on for. A few weeks on RAW? That's about as far as it could go. Plus you couldn't keep the audience with it. I would get bored with it eventually IMO. I just don't see it continuing.

I don't see it being an interesting storyline. They don't need to add to the mysterious GM storyline anyway, it's already becoming dry and the email's are quite annoying. Plus, it spoils the novelty of it anyhoo because on most episodes of Raw you can blatently see Michael Cole reading stuff from a Word file. They could at least try and make it look professional like opening up Hotmail or Microsoft Outlook.. anyway..QUOTE]

Actually, Cole dosnt read off the screen. If you look, the screen looks the exact same each week. They just pull it up so it kinda-sorta looks right. He reads from a sheet of paper covering the keyboard part of the laptop. Thats even more pathetic.

There's only really 2 ways it could work and still be intersting.

1. Jericho loses at NoC and blames the GM. He says he'll leave and won't return untl he has found the GM. He can then tour with Fozzy and make a suprise return to reveal who the GM is.

OR

2. He leaves to find the GM and he has vids each week where he's in a different place searching down leads etc. This to be honest isnt really his style and would be hard to produce.

So I guess number 2 wouldn't really work at all but number 1 could. Wether they do it is another question though. I don't really think they'll go with it though, it's not a compelling enough storyline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back