• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Storm/Cowboys Spot at Slammiversary Gets TMZ Feature

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
I spoke to this prior to Slammiversary when it was announced that George Selvie and the Dallas Cowboys would be front row at Slammiversary in that I thought it to be a great idea for TNA to really plug it as a means to potentially get the company mentioned outside of it's traditional markets, and it looks like the incident between Storm and Selive and the Cowboys did exactly that, as TMZ has now picked up the story and run with it:

@TMZ: TNA Wrestler -- SPITS BEER ON DALLAS COWBOYS ... [Scripted] Chaos Ensues http://t.co/l8CB6ed10f

A bunch of Dallas Cowboys players had to be restrained at a TNA Wrestling event Sunday night when one of the wrestlers spit beer at 'em ... and hell broke loose ... in a scripted, wrestling sorta way.

It all went down at TNA Wrestling Slammiversary XII -- where bad guy "The Cowboy" James Storm went over to a bunch of Cowboys players in the stands (including starting defensive end George Selvie) and fired a mouthful of beer at the guys.

Selvie -- along with teammates Ben Bass, Nick Hayden, Tyrone Crawford, Caesar Rayford and Martez Wilson -- went crazy ... but were held back by security.

Don't worry ... Selvie eventually broke loose and got his revenge!!!!!

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/16/dallas-cowboys-players-george-selvie-tnz-wrestling/

--

That's mainstream press for a company that usually has to pay for that type of service.

Well done, TNA. Well done.

Essentially TNA have got what they wanted, free publicity is good. They need more of this.

I had a feeling on when/where they'd get involved. And the James Storm situation is probably the most logical thing TNA's done in a while. James Storm is a heel who's calling himself a Cowboy... in Cowboy Country. It just doesn't fly around those parts. So to have Storm be the one who ignites the fire and have a Cowboy vs. Cowboys brawl is good for business. I just wonder if TNA and Cowboys have enough time to put this all together before Dallas goes back to practicing. Although, they could just hold off until December and pick this back up then :D

Yea it was an awesome feature for TNA. People we're laughing that it didnt make ESPN but these days TMZ might get more hits than ESPN. They usually air footage on their TV show, website, and youtube! I even got featured briefly on a video about Tupac's last words, a brief superman clip from my gaming channel, I was ecstatic as f***! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back