• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stone Cold Makes Bold WrestleMania Prediction

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
On his latest podcast, Stone Cold Steve Austin is sticking to his prediction of CM Punk returning at WrestleMania XXX. Austin said:

"I'm telling you, I'm going to stick to my prediction that CM Punk is going to make his return at WrestleMania 30 in New Orleans. I made this prediction two months ago here on the show. It's been a long time, I think he's cooled his jets, he's got some rest, and I think it's time to get back to work. I don't see him participating in a match but it would be great to see him in a run-in to establish himself, to entrench himself immediately in a memorable and just a great moment, and I would say plant himself firmly in the middle of an angle, because he would be the angle, by attacking whoever he sees fit to attack or asserting his presence rather, whatever the case may be. But I see CM Punk coming back at WrestleMania 30. Who knows if it will happen. We will know in about six short days when WrestleMania actually happens."

It's not out of the realm of possibility that Punk returns at WrestleMania. IF he does return, I expect that he'll make his presence felt in either the Bryan vs. Trips match or the triple threat title match. IF he does show up, I could see him as a face or a heel. If he comes back as a heel, I could see him doing something to screw over Daniel Bryan once again. With Punk being the guy doing it, it MIGHT be the only way to do it without fans being outraged about it, thereby leading to a feud between Punk & Bryan. If he's a babyface, he could do a little something to help Bryan win the title since triple threat matches are no disqualification.

If Punk returns, then there'll be some fans, dirtsheet writers, even WWE management who'll claim that the whole thing regarding CM Punk has all be just a huge work. Whether or not you agree with it, you know some will make that claim. One thing that does lend some weight to it is the fact that neither WWE hasn't buried CM Punk on television or interviews while Punk hasn't blasted away at WWE on social media. The fact that neither side has made any sort of statement regarding this situation for all this time and that, allegedly, Punk hasn't communicated with anyone in WWE, including close friends on the roster, does make you wonder. After all, it's such a departure from standard operating procedure. Disgruntled wrestlers these days always take to the internet to bitch about one thing or another and Vince usually has someone cut a promo ridiculing talent he's pissed off with.

I can't see him coming back as a heel. Surely that would be the worst sort of smarkdom possible? Although, this IS CM Punk and his fans we're talking about here... but some fans have been chanting him and begging for this for some time, so how won't it be a huge pop?

Another thing... Isn't the most likely reason Punk walked out that he didn't fancy a match with Trips and wanted a main-event? Let's not forget about Triple H's own bruised ego here... What would the incentive suddenly be for Punk to come back for a match he felt was below him?

Stone Cold knows this business inside and out, but I just think there are a few holes in his prediction. No doubt it would bring a lot of fans a lot of joy, but I can't see it happening.

I can't see it. Punk leaving for two months and then not wrestling on the biggest WWE show ever, unlikely. If he was coming back anytime soon, he'd have a match on the card.

If he was coming back anytime soon, he'd have a match on the card.

And if he was having a match on the card, it would be a significant event that you'd figure WWE would want to publicize like crazy, not slip into the biggest PPV of the year. If it can be presumed that the reappearance of CM Punk is an event that would increase PPV buys (or increase WWE Network subscriptions), they'd want to plant the seeds in viewers' minds before Sunday.

And if he was having a match on the card, it would be a significant event that you'd figure WWE would want to publicize like crazy, not slip into the biggest PPV of the year. If it can be presumed that the reappearance of CM Punk is an event that would increase PPV buys (or increase WWE Network subscriptions), they'd want to plant the seeds in viewers' minds before Sunday.

From a logical standpoint, yes, it doesn't make sense for a Punk appearance without promotion.

However, such a surprise appearance(Screwing DB out of jealousy or otherwise) might reap benefits going forward in terms of 'must-see' programming,doesn't it? Especially if Punk and Bryan are indeed great drawing cards for the WWE...

One more thing;

If as some have speculated, the little matter of Batista's contract containing some "must be Champion at WM" clause, then Punk coming back as a Heel and screwing DBry out of a deserved Championship win with Batista the one to benefit, could go a long way in stopping the fans going home entirely unhappy at DBry not getting his deserved victory, whilst giving Batista his chance with the title.

It does make sense going forward, and Bryan could still end up having a programme with Punk and then getting another Championship shot at SummerSlam where he goes over Batista and gets the title, with Batista then going off for his movie stuff...

That said; I find Punk coming back unlikely, though there are alot of great stuff that can be done if it does happen.

As much as I doubt such a scenario could remain under wraps, there have been several instances where WWE has shocked the fans with something as big as that.

If he were to somehow return at Wrestlemania, I don't see him fitting the role of a heel. More than likely I could see him as the guy who costs Triple H the match. It would benefit the boss character by not making him look absurdly weak, and it would also explain why Daniel Bryan is so fresh going into the Triple Threat. It wouldn't seem overtly crazy like a worn-down DB winning it all would.

Not to mention how much money would be made with a rebel Punk going up against The Authority like many of us once believed. Punk could align himself with Bryan for a few good moments and then when that runs it's course, have them fight one another by orders of The Authority.

With Stone Cold making such a bold prediction, do you think it's to set up a match at next years Wrestlemania?

C.M. Punk comes down to screw Danial Bryan once again, the glass breaks, here comes Stone Cold to save the day. Setting up the WM31 dream match of Punk vs. Austin. That would give both a year to build like Rock/Cena, and just think about the promo's. Just a thought, but would be nice to see!!

I couldn't see him returning. There would be no long term plan for him to make him happy. It's Bryan's time now. If anything, come back if he was to get stale. It's like having The Rock and Austin both be the face of the company, both of them can't be the face and champion at the same time, one got to play second fiddle while the other gets the main event.

Like most people, I for one would be delighted to see a surprise CM Punk return. But in my heart of hearts, I don't see it happening. I like some of the ideas you guys are putting out regarding how his return would happen, but I personally don't know what the plan would be going forward. Would he get another summer of Punk? Will he have been promised something big for WM31? There has to be some sort of incentive for him to come back, whether this is a work or not.

I'm pretty sure I've read a few times about his desire to become a heel again before he left. Maybe he comes back as a face for a few weeks or so, but turns on DB and calls the YES! movement a load of crap, I dunno. I hate not knowing! :p

But I think there are enough angles and bases to cover certain storylines without needing Punk to return. I'm not saying the WWE wouldn't have him back, but at this point do they really need him in regards to going forward with the Authority storyline? Lets not forget, it's "only" two months ago or so that Punk walked out. It might feel like it's longer, but considering how hot-headed he can be, or considering how burnt out he may be, I think it would take something not even he can refuse to get him back this soon.

I can easily see it. It's not an out of this world concept. I still have a feeling this is all a work between Punk, Triple H, and Vince and Punk is sitting at home right now laughing his ass off at the internet comments. Maybe they came up with it due to the outrage of no Bryan at the Rumble and Punk decided to take a step back and let Bryan have his program and moment. It's unlike Punk and his ego, but not out of the question.

I can see it happening. If i'm wrong oh well. It's not like a major star has ever appeared at Wrestlemania without an advertisement before...

I can easily see it. It's not an out of this world concept. I still have a feeling this is all a work between Punk, Triple H, and Vince and Punk is sitting at home right now laughing his ass off at the internet comments. Maybe they came up with it due to the outrage of no Bryan at the Rumble and Punk decided to take a step back and let Bryan have his program and moment. It's unlike Punk and his ego, but not out of the question.

I can see it happening. If i'm wrong oh well. It's not like a major star has ever appeared at Wrestlemania without an advertisement before...

I really want to believe this is how it went (and will) go down. I would love to see Punk come back, no matter if it were as a heel or face. Punk is much better as the heel, and could definitely give the Texas Rattlesnake a run for his money if they built that match for WM31.

If Punk does turn up and he does face Austin, preferably in the ring, I'd have him say that he's banged up, exhausted etc., that he needed to get away and that he's going to stay away for the foreseeable future. However, he'd emphasise that he'll be back before people know it, and more importantly, he'll face Austin at Wrestlemania 31.

Complete fantasy booking I know, but one can dream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back