Sting vs Seth Rollins?

OYDK

King Of The Ring
So last Monday night, after Sting won the Slammy Award for the OMG moment of the year, or whatever the hell it's called, we saw Seth Rollins come out and accept the award because, "Sting doesn't deserve it. And I do". This got the old wheels in the head turning and I began to wonder if WWE was possibly setting up a Sting/Rollins match at the RR where we'll see the return of HHH. Than I remembered that Rollins was currently embroiled in a heated feud with Randy Orton which didn't leave much time for anybody else. Now it seems as if the Randy Orton/Seth Rollins feud has been scrapped (or at least put on hold) as Orton is supposed to feud with Kane when he returns. As for Sting, I don't see anybody on the horizon that he can really feud with unless he doesn't show up until after the Rumble, which I really hope does not happen.

So simply put, do you think it's possible that we see a Seth Rollins vs Sting match in the near future?

Depends on how many matches Sting has worked out in his contract and who he wants to work with. It's not entirely out of the realm of possibility, I just don't see it happening.

Rollins has a lot going on right now. He has Feuds going with Orton, Cena, Ambrose, and Reigns, and secondary feuds with Ryback and Ziggler, along with holding Money in the Bank. I'm not going to expect much of a feud here. Sting has bigger fish to fry and Rollins seems to be booked to the gills. My guess is that Sting will show up on Raw, or a PPV, take his award back and punk Rollins and J&J security. Sting vs. Taker will probably happen at WM, one of the biggest matches in Wrestling history and Sting will have some promoting to do after January.

It could be interesting but I think it's just so people don't forget about A:Sting and B: Sting took the Authority out of power.

For A, he hasn't been around since Survivor Series and if the fans forget about him the Mania moment might not be as big as it could be. I heard some people were underwhelmed with the crowd reaction to Sting's debut, if the WWE feels the same way they're going to reiterate that Sting cost the Authority their jobs.

But a Seth/Sting program interests me more than Sting/Taker or Sting/HHH at this point, Seth has proven time and again he can work a good match as a heel. The problem is that's a lot of pressure on Seth to deliver, I wonder how great of a match it would be. I also haven't heard about Seth legitimately injuring anyone so he might be an ideal opponent for an old veteran like Sting.

The only problem I see is unless Seth is booked to be the next top heel(and by extension takes Sting "out" in their match) then there's really no purpose in the match. In that situation, why Seth? Why not Trips? Triple H would be a bigger draw so I'd imagine if they do this, Seth needs to go over or look insanely strong in a losing effort

The only problem I see is unless Seth is booked to be the next top heel(and by extension takes Sting "out" in their match) then there's really no purpose in the match. In that situation, why Seth? Why not Trips? Triple H would be a bigger draw so I'd imagine if they do this, Seth needs to go over or look insanely strong in a losing effort

Exactly what I was thinking as well. Which is why I think IF this match did happen, HHH would end up screwing Sting and Rollins would get the biggest win of his career. Unless you mean Rollins should go over cleanly which I disagree with.

So last Monday night, after Sting won the Slammy Award for the OMG moment of the year, or whatever the hell it's called, we saw Seth Rollins come out and accept the award because, "Sting doesn't deserve it. And I do". This got the old wheels in the head turning and I began to wonder if WWE was possibly setting up a Sting/Rollins match at the RR where we'll see the return of HHH. Than I remembered that Rollins was currently embroiled in a heated feud with Randy Orton which didn't leave much time for anybody else. Now it seems as if the Randy Orton/Seth Rollins feud has been scrapped (or at least put on hold) as Orton is supposed to feud with Kane when he returns. As for Sting, I don't see anybody on the horizon that he can really feud with unless he doesn't show up until after the Rumble, which I really hope does not happen.

So simply put, do you think it's possible that we see a Seth Rollins vs Sting match in the near future?

Not that the company doesn't have faith in Rollins but I doubt they'd let anybody but big stars face Sting.

Sting is a special attraction. If this was years ago and WWE signed him as a full-time wrestler, then yeah I could see Rollins/Sting happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back