• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting returns in Wölfpac colors...

UFOcalling

Master of the Scorpion Death Lock
Earlier tonight on Impact we saw Sting return with red face-paint, and it seems he's aligned with Kevin Nash. We haven't seen Sting with red face-paint in over ten years...before the infamous "finger poke of doom" incident in WCW.

I know there are other threads about The Band, or how Nash and/or Sting's current respective angles will be headed...but since they cleaned Hogan's clock tonight, I figured it was time to start a discussion about where this new partnership can/will go in the TNA storyline.

With the promos that Nash has been doing lately, it seems that he's upset about being swept under the rug to make room for new up-and-comers. When we last saw Sting (before his suspension), he was upset about the "deception" happening in TNA.

I don't really see how those two complaints warrant a combined effort between Sting & Nash. It's possible that the connection is that they're both upset with TNA management, but it seems that they're upset for different reasons. Obviously Sting was upset with the way things were being ran in TNA as well, so the angle could end up being Nash & Sting vs. TNA management and/or Nash & Sting vs. the "new blood".

Maybe TNA won't even bother explaining it, or maybe the explanation we'll get is that Nash managed to talk Sting into joining his cause (the enemy of my enemy is my friend). Either way, it looks like we saw the beginning of the new Wolfpac tonight.

With the way Nash has been upset about being "swept under the rug", this seems like a resurgence of the Main Event Mafia and/or New Blood angle (veteran main-eventers vs. new upstarts). It seemed that once Sting left the MEM, he was all for the younger guys getting their shot (AJ Styles in particular).

Did Sting change his mind about the young guys after Hogan arrived? What are Sting's intentions with this new alliance? How about Nash's intentions? Was Sting's "deception" thing about the young guys? ...or was it just that Sting hates Hogan & Bischoff and wants them gone? Will the deception angle even have anything to do with the new Wolfpac?

Some more possible discussion topics:

-- Now that Nash and Sting seem to be together again, what do you think they'll be up to?

-- Is this another revival of The Band/Wolfpac? If so, what do you think this version be called?

-- Will Nash & Sting recruit more members?

-- Is this just another shot in the dark by TNA for nostalgia's sake?

-- Will the Nash & Sting alliance last longer than a month or two, or will it fall apart just like the last time TNA tried this walk down memory lane?

-- Do you think this "new" group will help get any young talent over, or is it just a way for Nash & Sting to relive the glory-days?

-- Where do Hulk & Eric fit into the story?

-- Are you excited for the new Wolfpac, or do you think the angle will fall flat on it's face?

Looking forward to hearing everyone's opinions!

when sting joined the Wolf pac the pac was already adopting different beliefs then the NWO. When the wolfpac rejoined NWO Hollywood Sting wasn't apart of that. Sting will join the Band only when its mentality begans to diverge. I don't think Sting post rafters has ever truly been a bad guy.

I can't actually remember what the Wolfpac did the first time around. But that's only natural when it involved Kevin Nash, Sting, Konnan, Lex Luger and the WCW version of Randy Savage.

It's probably a case of Vince Russo looking up Sting on Wikipedia, remembering he wore red at some point and asking him to change for a week or two. Sting was all like: ''Aww man, I don't really like change. But I'll do it for more money''. Hey-presto. The problem is Russo was aiming for Sting at Bound For Glory 2006 and he fucked up somewhere along the line.

I eagerly anticipate their new name for this group. It's got to be wolf related, surely. And if they don't add Desmond Wolfe into the group then I'll lose all faith in the incompetent booking of this promotion.

This is probably what Nash was alluding to when he said Waltman would be back. It is obvious that they are revisiting the wolfpac and addding members of other nWo life. This might be a good chance to get buff bagwell back. It also could be a chance for younger stars who are upset to get a shot.

My money is Sting, Jarret, Foley and Nash aligning to drive Hogan out. With Hardcore Justice being a one off and with TNA seemingly showing no intention for "Them" to be an outside source, I've got to assume they is Foley, Jarrett, Sting and Nash. The seeds were planted months ago, Bischoff had his mini-feud with Jarrett and Foley, Foley was fired and Jarrett was "rescued" by the heroic Hulk Hogan and suddenly became best buddies with Hogan and Bischoff.

Now we've had Nash, bring up the issues with Jarrett suddenly being friends with Hogan. We've had Sting beating the shit out of "Hogan's boy" RVD. Foley came back and distracted Abyss just before his ass kicking at the hands of Dreamer and pals. And Jarrett trying to save Hogan before getting layed out. To me it seems that all signs point to Jarrett being the swerve guy and siding with Sting and Nash. Foley seems like he's already in on it, having not said a word to Hogan or Bischoff since returning. I like the idea of these 4 banding together to "remove the deception".

The only issue I have is I'd prefer Bischoff and Hogan be the heels. Turning those two heel wouldn't be hard at all, all they'd need to do is screw Abyss during the match next week and then proclaim that TNA's wrestlers are shit and Hogan and Bischoff brought in their guys to keep down the TNA originals. At this point the others can come out and announce the deception to have been revealed, challenge Hogan and claim that TNA isn't his playground and ignite a feud, one side trying to bring TNA back to it's roots and the other side trying to change it to suit them.

The only problem for me is Abyss, he's been a heel and if they side him with Sting and Nash's group, it makes it far harder for those guys to be the faces. Either way, the end result I see is Sting and Nash making a team along with Jarrett and possibly Foley to wage war against the Hogan regime. I'm definitely intrigued, to say the least.

I can't actually remember what the Wolfpac did the first time around. But that's only natural when it involved Kevin Nash, Sting, Konnan, Lex Luger and the WCW version of Randy Savage.

It's probably a case of Vince Russo looking up Sting on Wikipedia, remembering he wore red at some point and asking him to change for a week or two. Sting was all like: ''Aww man, I don't really like change. But I'll do it for more money''. Hey-presto. The problem is Russo was aiming for Sting at Bound For Glory 2006 and he fucked up somewhere along the line.

I eagerly anticipate their new name for this group. It's got to be wolf related, surely. And if they don't add Desmond Wolfe into the group then I'll lose all faith in the incompetent booking of this promotion.

This is ******ed logic. Why should Desmond Wolfe have to be allied with anything with the name or word wolf in it? It's so left field and nonsensical for you to say that.

As for Sting & Nash, I don't think it'll lead to any full WolfPac reunion. Can we see Savage, Luger, & K-Dawg returning to TNA. No. It's probably going
to be a Sting & Nash half WolfPac alliance like how the new DX was with only HBK & HHH w/Hornswoggle without Roaddog, Billy Gunn, Chyna, and X-Pac.

I think Red is right on the mark with this one. The Wolfpac face paint for Sting sealed it for me. But before I go on, I have to say I marked out hard when I saw Sting come out from the crowd with that red face paint on.

But yeah I think Sting, Nash, Jarrett, will be a face alliance against Hogan and Bischoff's changes. Foley will soon join after the whole Hardcore Justice thing is over with. Plus it makes perfect sense with Russo loving to do swerves. Hogan and Bischoff have to be the heels here, it would just make sense. I think it's a great storyline though, because it applies to how the fans feel.

Hogan and Bischoff pleaded their case tonight, but I think it was a put on. I think soon we will learn that Sting was right all along and that Hogan and Bischoff were the bad guys all along.

I think if done right, this can be a very dramatic and entertaining storyline.

This is ******ed logic.

We can't apply TNA logic to our posts now?

Why should Desmond Wolfe have to be allied with anything with the name or word wolf in it?

Because it makes perfect sense. You can't have a wolf pack without a legitimate wolf in it.

It's so left field and nonsensical for you to say that.

Sarcasm is lost on you. No, seriously read my post again.

After seeing the teased n.W.o. black & white reunion on the first iMPACT! Hogan showed up on I for one can't wait for a potential reformation of the n.W.o. red & black.

Let me hang this one out there...what if Nash and Sting are part of the "They" that Abyss keeps referring to? Perhaps Waltman comes back, perhaps not. Either way, I think this is a heel group being formed by Nash and Sting and eventually Abyss will join and maybe one or two others and their mentor will be James Mitchell. Crazy, but you never know.

I haveno clue where this is going....and I couldn't be happier. They are giving us a good story that won't let you guess what's happening until the end when all the peices are revealed. I like it. It makes me wonder why Sting would join Nash because it seems like Sting has always been in the corner of the younger generation and Nash seems to be in it for himself. Is it a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? or is it something deeper than that? Guess we will have to wait and find out.

This is just another way to get people to watch old wrestlers that are done. I'm sorry that I sound like Mark Madden, but please stop doing this. This is why the nWo didn't work the last time WCW try to attempt this. This is just another attempt to get something going that should stay dead. Stop trying to resurrect the past people, live for the future.

I haveno clue where this is going....and I couldn't be happier. They are giving us a good story that won't let you guess what's happening until the end when all the peices are revealed. I like it. It makes me wonder why Sting would join Nash because it seems like Sting has always been in the corner of the younger generation and Nash seems to be in it for himself. Is it a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend"? or is it something deeper than that? Guess we will have to wait and find out.

You nailed it. It is just unpredictable and that is great. I think Nash and Sting will end up face or at least tweeners unless the payoff is a full scale WCW takeover. Bischoff is likely to be heel. Maybe Hogan did not know what Bischoff was doing and stays face. Even joins up with Nash and Sting to protect TNA. I think Jarrett is going heel and agree that Foley is likely in on something or other. The confusing part is that it appears that multiple factions are coming and no one knows from where, what side they will be on and who will be in them. Sure seems like that will make for some good tv. Where Dixie fits in should be interesting as well. Jarrett is playing her but to what end. I guess bischoff put him up to it as part of it.

Definitely good TV nice seeing sting with the Red & Black. As far as moving to the future have we not forgotten that the whole sting concept is something that another company has done before. Sting used to be blond with a buzz cut at one point in his career so you cant say thats not a total past gimmick. Anyway back to this angle this could also be very well the angle Foley was talking about. Who knows but i still think there will be an ECW angle spinning out of the PayPerView this sunday. I think that foley will turn on Dreamer. Sting and Kevin are forming a stable. And most likely Waltman will be back Nash already mentioned it on his twitter. This could also be a kayfabe spin as to say firing Waltman was all apart of hogan and bischoffs doing and that they are the reason Hall is the way he is. Also sting and nash have both pushed younger talent. There was a time where Nash was basically the mentor for jay lethal and alex shelly as well as others so it could easily be explained. Also both parties were upset with Hogan and Bischoff so for them to allign makes a lot of sense. People are forgetting that the Deception angle was sting talking about hogan and bischoff and how displeased he was. Maybe this about the swerve that is going to happen at Hardcore Justice.....side not did anybody else notice on that bad promo raven cut that he referred to the ppv as its previous name of Hard Justice

Which is exactly the point of good Television. I have many questions about other storylines as well, which makes me watch throughout the whole show - hence piling up ratings. The storyline is intriguing too, there's many options to it and few of them are ******ed. The only thing I hope is not going to come about is that they are 'they'.

My money is Sting, Jarret, Foley and Nash aligning

That would be really good. I miss the old Wolfpac Sting, have Double J turn on Hogan but have them as Tweeners. Like Sting said or implied, Hogan & Bischoff are ruining a company he tried so hard to build up.

Maybe a war between this faction and Hogans Boys (RVD, Hardy, Lethal, etc) not so much New Blood Vs Millionares Club, more The Wolfpac stable trying to 'save' TNA from destruction.

This angle made for great F'n television yesterday. I had so many ideas as to why sting and nash were teaming up, who will join there cause, and is sting really wearing the red and black!? It kept me interested and confused meaning i would have to tune in again to see whats going to happen. When did TNA learn how to do this, I am very impressed.

If they are going to form a group i hope it gets a way better name than The Band. To me a name could make a break a group. Hell I would much rather them play on the name "The Outsiders" and change it to "The Outsyders". I may be a rip but the name makes sense. A group of veterans fighting for the right to say relevant in a movement towards new up coming stars. This makes them "Outsiders" or "Outsyders" from the rest of the company.

If they must bring someone back for this angle i rather it be a sober Hall then Waltman. Not that I dont like the guy but i heard the guy has hepatitis or something like that which makes him a liability to other wrestlers. Plus I think a healthy and sober hall has more in ring abilities and promo skills making him the better choice for a group like this.

Sting Nash and potentially Hall in the red and black...I like it
Next...Throw in Jarrett and Foley for the swerve but just as a middle men
Finally...Turn Hogan and Bischoff heel somewhere down the line

and as someone said in an earlier post please just bring back Buff "The Stuff" Bagwell

I loved the return of Sting in the Red face paint, Im a huge Sting fan and I MTFO when I saw him with the Wolfpac colors I think this will be interesting and I think I ties in to when Sting was Talking about Deception very interesting I thought and It left me with questions which is a good thing and I'm interested in seeing what happens next

My best guess is we will see Hogan and Bischoff turn on the TNA guys and ECW guys. Foley and Jarrett will probably align with Sting and Nash. We will see a whole abuse of power thing going on with Hogan & Bischoff being the ones "ruining" TNA or maybe it will be "Nash & Jarrett" as the ones ruining TNA. Either way, my head is hurting already.

I've been thinking this since the ECW guys attacked Abyss. What if Hogan and Bischoff are "THEY", and this is all one big swerve.

Maybe the idea is for Hogan and Bischoff to somehow steal / buy / whatever the company from Dixie, and they have made promises to Jarrett (ie: Part ownership, or power in TNA) to get him on board.

Sting seems to know exactly what the deception is, and almost told Dixie before Bishoff interrupted. Nash knew something was up with Jarrett befriending team Hogan all of a sudden, so why couldn't Sting have clued him in to the deception angle, and effectively formed an alliance based off of that.

I've also noticed that Hogan and Bischoff have seemed less than sincere when praising the EV2 guys or the idea of Hardcore Justice, and I remember that when the two did not show up for the last PPV or the following TV tapings the internet was full of rumors of Hogan and Bischoff possibly being upset. Those rumors could have been planted to push the storyline.

I know that Hogan and Bischoff were both recently attacked by Abyss, but that would just be part of the swerve. If you notice when a wrestler acts heel, Dixie treats them as such and doesn't trust them (because she is effectively a tv character now.) So if Hogan allowed it to be public knowledge that he was ordering Abyss to do all of these heel things he was doing, then Dixie would question both Hogans actions and integrity.

I think Hogan, Abyss, Bischoff, Jarrett are they, and want to own rule or whatever TNA.

And I think Sting and Nash know about this plan and are trying to defend TNA and stop them.

If that is the direction that they are going then I love it.

I also think that it will lead to Nash and Sting vs Abyss and Jarrett and possibly Sting vs Hogan if Hogan decides to wrestle again.

-- Now that Nash and Sting seem to be together again, what do you think they'll be up to?

Nash and Sting will probably work together, so they can take out Hulk, Eric, and Jarrett.

-- Is this another revival of The Band/Wolfpac? If so, what do you think this version be called?

It sure seems that way. You have two original members, and Sting wearing the red and black face paint is a sure sign of an NWO Wolfpac revival. As far as the name goes, I really don't know where TNA is going with that.

-- Will Nash & Sting recruit more members?

If they do decide to recruit more members, then I hope they don't go overboard. Flooding a stable with too many members is what turned the NWO into a clusterfuck towards the end.

-- Is this just another shot in the dark by TNA for nostalgia's sake?

Yes. Nash and Sting were apart of one pro wrestling's most famous stables, and I'm sure plenty of people had goosebumps when they saw Sting with the red and black face paint.

-- Will the Nash & Sting alliance last longer than a month or two, or will it fall apart just like the last time TNA tried this walk down memory lane?

I think this alliance will at least make it to Bound For Glory. What's going on between Sting, Nash, Jarrett Hogan, Dixie, and Bischoff is pretty big, and hopefully all of the lose ends will be tied up by the time we get to the big show.

-- Do you think this "new" group will help get any young talent over, or is it just a way for Nash & Sting to relive the glory-days?

I don't think this group will help put anybody over. This storyline is about Nash and Sting being fed up with the new TNA, so we'll probably see lots of interference in other matches.

-- Where do Hulk & Eric fit into the story?

Hulk and Eric are apart of the youth movement in TNA. Sting and Nash seem to despise this, and since Hulk and Eric were brought in to change TNA, they have become targets.

-- Are you excited for the new Wolfpac, or do you think the angle will fall flat on it's face?

Not really. If it were 10 or 15 years ago, then yeah, I might be stoked for this. As far as the angle falling flat on it's face goes, I think more time is needed before we can judge this angle. Hopefully everything will be explained as time goes on.

Hey Yo!

Im honestly quite surprised nobody has made a thread about this yet. Disappoiting indeed. But last week during iMPACT Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan were giving us the run down of "The Whole F'N Show" Special and then were interrupted by Kevin Nash, Nash picked a fight with Hogan and Bischoff got into a brawl, but down came Jeff Jarrett to the rescue, only to be then beat up by the returning ICON Sting, who was suspended some time ago kayfabe ofcourse.

What was so interesting about this, Sting came out in friggen RED FACEPAINT, with Mike Tenay claiming "they're the Wolfpac colours", now obviously i am a huge Wolfpac fan and would absolutely be for the reformation of this group with the right members, and just if the angle is pulled off well. It could also be a part of this whole deception angle Sting was talking about.

So are we witnessing the reformation of Tha Wolfpac?

I saw that...if so, then Tna is more retarted than I thought. They already tried the reg nwo aka the band and that was a fail. Everything they're doing has epci fail written all over it. Give them a year and McMahon will buy out Tna.

What I wonder is if the Wolfpac is reforming, how come it'll be coming back as a heel faction? The last time I checked, the Wolfpac was a face stable that fought against the nWo Black And White. I wouldn't mind the Wolfpac coming back as it was also one of my favorite stables during the late 90s and if they could bring in some young blood besides Nash and Sting, I think you have the makings of a great new stable in TNA. It'd give a lot of guys something to do.

It gets me thinking that if The Wolfpac ever turns face like they should, they can team up against Fortune. That would be pretty sick. A stable of the best young talent in TNA being coached by Flair on one side and Nash and Sting on the other.

I really enjoyed the Wolfpac in WCW but I do not think bringing them back is a good idea. TNA needs to get away from trying to do TNA versions of WCW and WWE ideas. They tried the original nWo with The Band, they have a lame attempt at the Four Horsemen with Fourtune. Now with the possible return of the Wolfpac, it has to end. TNA needs to do something of their own. They need an identity and they can't have one when they keep rehashing old stables, teams. Unless they just want to be known as TNA: The Copycat Promotion.

This could either bomb or actually be pretty good if it comes to happen.

I like the idea of bringing in new blood to the group. Have Desmond "Wolfe" join against Fortune since he wanted to join but was turned down. ( If Tha Wolfpack was face ofcourse).

This could be Sting starting a "cult" if you will against Hogan and " the TNA movement" which would make them heel but whoever knows anything about wrestling would look at it like a good thing trying to dethrone Hogan and all... ( one of the bad things about TNA right now)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back