• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sting on July 28 Raw?

Creepy Old Man

Championship Contender
As we know, Sting's potential debut entered storylines in the latest Cole/Triple H interview. Sting told the Mirror that he's "all for" appearing on Raw to promote WWE 2K15. Vince McMahon questioned on Twitter, "does art imitate life?", suggesting that Sting had signed.

This Monday's Raw is in Houston, Texas, the Undertaker's home town and Sting's home state. Where better a location for the face-off? Sting's appearance on the Ross Report was supposed to drop on July 15, but JR pushed it back to July 29 and gave no reason. Perhaps Sting was scheduled to do something on Raw on the night of the 2K15 announcement, but management pushed his debut back so the Undertaker could be there.

On last night's Raw, we knew Heyman would mention the Undertaker, but he emphasised it to such a degree that one would expect a measure of revenge from the Dead Man. I suspect that the Undertaker will step in to save Cena from indigity at Lesnar's hands, and The Beast will back off. As 'Taker stands in the ring, the lights drop, and Sting appears.

Feel free to disagree, agree, comment, or get extremely angry about my entirely subjective fan opinion differing from your entirely subjective fan opinion.

I can't see the Undertaker returning. At last report, he still hadn't recovered from Wrestlemania, and that report was just a few weeks ago.

I don't want Sting to wrestle. I don't want Undertaker to wrestle. They are old and not in the good way old. Sting would be smartest to just hang out and draw a Legends paycheck.

I can't see the Undertaker returning. At last report, he still hadn't recovered from Wrestlemania

It's your prerogative to believe those reports, but I personally don't. We've heard the same old thing since 2009, and Undertaker continually returns to put on classic matches.

As we know, Sting's potential debut entered storylines in the latest Cole/Triple H interview. Sting told the Mirror that he's "all for" appearing on Raw to promote WWE 2K15. Vince McMahon questioned on Twitter, "does art imitate life?", suggesting that Sting had signed.

This Monday's Raw is in Houston, Texas, the Undertaker's home town and Sting's home state. Where better a location for the face-off? Sting's appearance on the Ross Report was supposed to drop on July 15, but JR pushed it back to July 29 and gave no reason. Perhaps Sting was scheduled to do something on Raw on the night of the 2K15 announcement, but management pushed his debut back so the Undertaker could be there.

On last night's Raw, we knew Heyman would mention the Undertaker, but he emphasised it to such a degree that one would expect a measure of revenge from the Dead Man. I suspect that the Undertaker will step in to save Cena from indigity at Lesnar's hands, and The Beast will back off. As 'Taker stands in the ring, the lights drop, and Sting appears.

Feel free to disagree, agree, comment, or get extremely angry about my entirely subjective fan opinion differing from your entirely subjective fan opinion.

I suppose it is possible that Sting debuts then, but unlikely. I don't expect to see The Undertaker until next year. One thing I do agree with you on is I was surprised at how much emphasis Heyman put on The Undertaker, even going as far to show the end of the streak. That got me thinking yet again that a rematch between two next year remains a possibility, especially if for some reason things were to fall through with Sting.

I know most disagree but I thought it was strange to put that much emphases on The Undertaker when Lesnar is entering an entirely different feud. You knew there was going to be a mention or two but you would have thought it was still the night after Wrestlemaina. Honestly when I think about it nothing else for Lesnar at Wrestlemainia 31 at the moment. I think Lesnar will win the championship at SummerSlam but at most he holds it a month or two and that's a stretch. You can bet he'll take another hiatus between now and WM season. Who he faces at WM 31 is the question.

As for Undertaker vs Sting it's a match I really want to see. It's a dream match. But if WWE does go that route I don't think the build starts until next year.

I thought Heyman was trying to draw heat last night on Lesnar for breaking the streak. After all he is the villain. But clearly the fans cheered him last night. But then again Leaner is going to always get cheered.

As for Sting showing up - I will believe it when I see it.

If Sting is debuting I fully expect that there will be so much promotion for it so far ahead of time that by the time he shows up a lot of people will already be tired of him and complaining that Dolph Ziggler deserves to get that much attention and more.

Maybe Lesnar showing up last night wasn't shoved down our throats but WWE made it clear that something big was going to go down and it was most likely Lesnar. It is highly unlikely WWE is going to surprise us with a Sting appearance. Surprises are not exactly great for ratings.

I'm with J.J. I'll believe it when I see it. I don't see Sting showing up any time soon. If he does I think it'd be next year on the Road to Wrestlemania. There's no need to bring him back right now, who is he going to feud with? What would creative do with him? There is too much going on right now for them to be bringing Sting in.

why would WWE destroy the ready made match of Cena vs Lesnar by involving Undertaker, a guy who was destroyed by Lesnar? It would make PERFECT sense for Undertaker to return when they plan on having Lesnar drop the title, that makes sense. Undertaker returning in the Lesnar/Cena storyline makes no sense, especially when Taker has yet to be seen on tv. Sting then joining the rot, a 56 year old man who has never wrestled in the company, alot of fans have no idea who Sting is or wants,. WWE are doing a superb job of introducing him to the WWE kiddy demographic through comic cons, console gamesd, WWE Network vision(WCW showe on before Raw eac h week). Dont fool yourselves, Sting will appear on Raw soon, but Vince is making sure he gets bang for his buck. Sting may even wrestle at Mania 31, but he wont be wrestling a full or even part time schedule, thus he wont be on tv more than likely until after Royal Rumble.
JR himself has said the Sting interview is already taped weeks ago, so when it airs wont matter regardign Raw because they wont be addressing it on the podcast as the podcast has already happened. Conspiracy theories are fine, but only when the facts have been included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back