• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Starting to Watch TNA Again...

ATLMIATEX

Occasional Pre-Show
WWE has been horrible for basically the past 2 years IMO. I've been watching WWE since WrestleMania 19 and I've never seen it this bad.

On the opposite side, the last time I watched or was interested in TNA was the 10-10-10 situation.

So the point of this thread is to get me caught up on TNA and what I've missed, who are the up and coming stars, who's been successful, that kind of stuff

You think WWE is worse now than it was in 2009?

Sure, SmackDown was rockin' in 2009. But Raw almost made me stop watching wrestling.

Hmmm... since 10/10/10 huh? Well Immortal died a slow agonizing death that didn't result in Hulk Hogan leaving the company. He basically became a GM for the show. The tag division died, pretty much after Beer Money broke up which led to Bobby Roode becoming the longest reigning World Heavyweight Champion at 256 days. Somehow they still haven't figured out what exactly to do with James Storm.

More faction wars as Bischoff got to not only make a stable based on his love of biker gangs but also put his son Garrett in it immediately destroying the credibility of said stable. Bully Ray became the leader of this faction while simultaneously becoming one of the best heels in Pro wrestling. A new option in the X Divison (option C) allowed the current champ to cash in the X Belt around Destination X for a shot at the world Championship, this was invented by Austin Aries who has been one of the best acquisitions for the company on a consistent basis. Both Austin Aries and Chris Sabin have won the world title using option by beating Bobby Roode and Bully Ray respectively.

The Aces and 8's (The Biker gang) probably went a few months too long for most peoples taste. Abyss disappeared and his lawyer "brother" came to Impact to find information on his whereabouts. They're indeed one in the same person.

TNA created the bound for glory series tournament where 12 guys wrestle over a 2-3 months stretch. The person with the most points gets a title shot they have used this tournament to build several talents over the years. AJ Styles who left the company over a contract dispute is the most recent winner of this tournament and he defeated Bully ray to win the belt. AJ Styles defended the belt overseas which led to Dixie stripping him of the title, and Magnus becoming champion. AJ and Magnus had a match where the winner would become the undisputed Champion which was an absolute overbooked clusterfuck.

Dixie is using much of the IWCs complaints about her as an onscreen heel character now. She is (kayfabe) getting rid of much of the older vets in Impact Hardy, Sting, Styles. The company is in a "reset" of sorts and have recently picked up the American Wolves a fine indy tag team.

Tna is ok. The production sucks and they are having a lot of tag team matches at the minute but... the telling of stories feels a little more organic.

I think in returning to a promotion, patience is the key. No one week will offer a complete view of what TNA can do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back