• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Stand-Up Comedians

BigT_HolyShit

The Machinist
Sitting here at 2am studying for exams and procrastination has hit me hard.

One of my fav things to do is to watch stand-up comedians. I've seen so many that I can just tell shit from good (obviously from how hard I laugh). I enjoy Stand-Up comedy as a way of escaping the realm of everyday seriousness and poking fun of both real world issues in addition to the many cultures that walk the face of this Earth.

I personally don't mind at all when a stand-up comic makes fun of my background. Many get offended and cannot believe the things certain comics say, however I think one must develop the acceptance to laugh at jokes that are aimed at their own certain ethnic groups. It's part of enjoying a stand-up comedy act.

Another aspect of Stand Up Comedy is how the Comedians deal with hecklers. Joe Rogan is my all my time favorite at dealing with Hecklers.
Here's the flaming of a UFC fan:

Some of my favourites are:
- Dave Chappelle
- Russell Peters
- Bobby Lee
- Dimitri Martin
- Carl Barron
- Arj Barker

Guys, have at it. Mention some of your favourite Stand-Up Comics and post some of the Videos that you have enjoyed yourself. I will begin with posting some relatively unknown videos from some of my favorites. I have propably seen all STAND UP videos online as it's my biggest time killer.

Dimitri Martin
I love this guy's style of comedy. Genius.

Bobby Lee
Here's a poke at Korean Parents.

Make us Laugh!

There's a bunch I like, so I'll give you one I HATE...Dane Cook. The guys is terrible. I don't have a clue how he ever got famous. He walks around the stage like a monkey on crack, babbling about shit that doesn't even make sense. Oh how I loathe Dane Cook!

First I'd like to say, fuck Dane Cook. How anyone could find him funny is beyond me. Same goes for Jeff Dunham.

My two favorite stand up comedians are Dave Chappelle and Ralphie May. Chappelle has so many classic jokes from Sesame Street, to the Purple Drank, to Being taken to the Ghetto, to How Old is 15 Really. Ralphie May is fantastic as well with all of his stand ups. Some of my favorites from him are the Black Movie Theater jokes, the ESPN jokes, and how he rips apart of single race, gender, disability, and sexual preference. Here are some samples.

[YOUTUBE]aUmYGLIubho[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]ZjsufO9hZwo[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]i9mytOPDeeE[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6XTDpAwtvYs[/YOUTUBE]

Artie Lange always cracked me up. Has a real talent for story-telling. His comedy DVD, "It's the Whiskey Talking" is a must have.

Freddy Soto (RIP) was freaking hillarious too. Actually, the entire 3 Amigos comedy DVD is a riot...yes even Carlos Mencia.

I got to see George Carlin perform 2 times, once in Vegas & once in Detroit. In Vegas he was great...ruthless...tore into everyone in the audience, and it was funny. In Detroit, he was just average. He was sober then and made more political references that most of the audience didn't get. Anways, still one of my favs...

Frankie Boyle. Quite possibly the most evil, yet funny, bastard I've ever seen. When his opening joke is that he thinks a bloke is lucky because his now dead wife had cervical cancer because "the iller she got, the tighter her cunt became" sets a rather dark, yet funny tone.

Big props to Simon Amstel as former host of Never Mind The Buzzcocks was funny as fuck too.

Lee Evans. End of story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back