• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sports Memorabilia

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
Now I am going to leave this kind of open to your own collection, or your family's collection. But this is simple. What are some of your favorite sports collectibles, from signed, or un-signed, jerseys, pictures, or some important pieces for you in sports history? And after that, what are some that you would love to buy, if you could afford it?

There are quite a few in my family that I truly enjoy. My Blackhawks jersey (unsigned) that I wear is probably my most prized possession as it stands right now. I love it, and show it off as much as I can. Once I get another jersey, my current one is getting signed and framed, or vice versa, not sure. But it is one of those things that is just awesome to know you have an official jersey, with your favorite player's name on the back.

Elsewhere, my grandpa (RIP) had gotten a shitload of stuff over the years, from signed bats, balls, pictures, almost any sporting thing you could think of. He has a picture with Frank Thomas, and got an autographed bat from him. I wish I could get that, as Frank was one of my favorite players growing up. But one of the things that really would catch my eye when I would go my grandparent's house, was he had two bricks from Old Comiskey Park. Those right there are just awesome, and would be a fantastic if I had them as my own. They may just be bricks to some, but they are historic bricks.

Now, what would I like to have from an outside source. There is this shop at the mall by me with all sorts of collectible stuff. Some of the stuff there is just jaw dropping as a sports fan. Signed baseballs, pictures, jerseys. Of course, a bunch of it is expensive as fuck, which is why it is fun to say if you could afford what you want, what you would get. So like I said, tons of shit there. But three things stand out most for me to have. There is a signed Ruth and Gehrig plaque, which is very big, for I don't know how much. I hate the Yankees, but it is Ruth and Gehrig. That is a great item to own. Another would be either a signed Walter Payton jersey, or one of the plaques of him. Again, expensive as fuck, but definitely a great buy. Lastly, there is actually a cheap item, but it is for nostalgia purposes and I think I need to buy this as soon as possible. It is a frame with all four of the old stadiums in Chicago. Old Chicago Stadium, Old Comiskey, Wrigley, and Soldier Field.

Those are the top three I would buy, but seriously, in that shop, you can't really go wrong with anything you could afford to purchase. So what are some of your favorite sports memorabilia? What would you love to buy some time in the future?

I have 2, although one may not actually be a collectible...Yet.

The first athlete I ever met, was Johnny Unitas, at a convention in New Jersey about 6 months before he died. I got him to sign a mini Colts helmet, and it was for a gift for a friend. He was extremely nice, and we talked a little about the '58 Championship (since I showed up wearing a Tiki Barber jersey), and he was glad to take pictures.

The other one that's my favorite, is the DVD collection of the Giants run to beating the Patriots in the Super Bowl. It starts with the Week 17 loss, and goes all the way through, with every game in its entirety. It's great to sit back and watch it all over again.

Oh jeez, I have some great ones but my collection of Cal Ripken Jr., stuff and Colts stuff pops into my mind first. I wouldn't say I am all that much into collecting sports memorabilia but I guess I do have a few things here and there.

I am a huge fan of Cal Ripken Jr. He is pretty much the greatest sports athlete in my mind and pretty much the person I try to model myself after. I have quiet a bit of memorabilia that is attached to him. For starters I am an Orioles fan and always will be. I have three different hats and it is pretty much because of Ripken. I have a ball with his face and the Oriole emblem on it that lists all of his stats, it is still packaged. I have a poster of all the great Orioles players throughout time, which obviously includes Mr. Ripken. And most importantly I have a Ripken jersey that is Orange, I am working on getting a white one. It was almost signed at one time but I could not get to him in time.

The only other team that I collect stuff of is my own Indianapolis Colts. They are my second favorite sports team, behind the Orioles, and I pretty much bleed blue. I have the stereotypical Peyton Manning jersey but with a little twist. It is black in the front and blue on the back, a special version that was sold for a short period of time. Then I have a Cato June jersey, shame he got released, and a Dwight Freeney jersey that I just got for Christmas. Finally, I have a signed football by the entire team from I the 2005 season, it sits right above my television underneath my Superbowl champions hat.

O god, I have a lot of sports memorabilia, I have a Roberto Clemente signed paper, I have a John Henry Johnson signed picture, I have a Jason Kendall and Brian Giles signed hat. I have a Heath Miller signed mini helmet which was just signed right after his rookie season. I have a John Elway throwback jersey, and a signed Roethlisberger jersey.

I also have a shit load of baseball cards. I have a set from 1995-2002, I also have my dads cards which are full sets, I believe its 1973,79, 85,87.88 and 1990. The thing I most want though is to get my hands on my uncles signed Jersey and his baseball collection, where he has like Pete Rose, and some other great baseball players... O yeah, I also have a shit load of bobble heads, but I have far too many but here are some. Sammy Sosa, Mark McGwire, Tiger Woods, Bob Prince, Jason Bay, Sidney Crosby, and Jerry Rice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back