• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sounds Like Kurt Angle Wants Back To The WWE, But.....

closet_fan

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Will he even be able to come back?

Take this for what it's worth, as nothing has been confirmed by WWE, TNA or Kurt Angle, but WZ received two separate correspondences from readers in attendance at today's Arnold Classic in Columbus, Ohio, and they noted Kurt Angle was telling people he will be returning to WWE in September.

Angle's current TNA deal is set to expire in September of this year, and barring any no-compete clause in his contract he would be able to return to WWE at that time. Angle has been more open in interviews lately about the idea of returning to WWE and finishing his career there, and he has even talked about who he'd like to face in WWE should he make a return.

Even before this report, I had heard and read several rumors that Angle wants to come back and make one last run in the WWE. Although I'm not sure if he's going to be able to even pass a physical to get in the ring. Jim Ross had said several weeks ago that Angle is in really bad shape physically and would need a miracle to climb back in the ring again due to his neck problems and other injuries. A non-wrestling role for Angle does nothing for me.

So the questions:

Will Angle come back?
I think he wants to. Especially if Sting is finally in the WWE by then.

Will the WWE want him back?
At this point, I'd say they'd at least consider it with the influx of former WWE stars coming back recently.

Will he be able to compete?
That's the biggest question.

I think it could work. I'm sure even WWE creative won't be crazy enough to have Angle stepping on the toes of anything Daniel Bryan related with him, especially after this current Batista fiasco.

Make him a face and I think it can work. But yeah, if he's really in bad shape then will WWE really bite? I'd like to see him back, but not if he's just going to mess himself up more health wise.

Depends on the shape he's in really, if he's that far gone then obviously not much they can do. (although I think he's more than good enough on the mic to handle any non-wrestling role) He looked fine in an episode of impact I saw not too long ago so hopefully it's not THAT bad, granted he does have a nasty habit of going all out when his body desperately needs a break. And of course there's his recent stints in rehab to worry about...

But of course if he can wrestle and WWE does sign him, get him in the ring against Cesaro asap :D

I really want Kurt Angle to come back and finish up his career in the WWE even if it is just one more match. Angle has always been one of my favorite wrestlers and I don't want to see him finish in TNA.

I think WWE will sign him to a legends contract if he can't wrestle. WWE will probably want him in the Hall of Fame and maybe use him on panels.

I loved his run as GM in 2004, he could be a lot better in that role than Maddox or Guerrero.

Will he pass the test? Probably not.

With the recent pay cuts TNA talent have been forced to take, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Angle decided to attempt a WWE return. The only thing I see standing in his way is his drinking problem. That could end up giving WWE a lot of bad press. However, a few years ago when Swagger got a DUI, he ended up in a World Title match at Mania, so there is still hope.

As for whether or not he'd be able to pass the WWE physical, I have no idea. I stopped watching TNA a few years ago and haven't kept up with him much at all. He's one of the all time greats and his return would be a huge deal, even if he can't wrestle. Angle would make a great agent or mentor for some of the younger grapplers, and as someone else said, his GM role from 2004 was very entertaining. I hope he'd be able to pass the physical because there are so many great match-ups for him in the WWE right now.

Just imagine a long feud between:
Kurt Angle and Daniel Bryan
Kurt Angle and Cessaro
Kurt Angle and Jack Swagger
Kurt Angle and Roman Reigns
Kurt Angle and Bray Wyatt
Kurt Angle and Big E
Kurt Angle and Sheamus
Kurt Angle and Lesnar
and hell, why not
Kurt Angle and Taker at Mania 21

Those are all some matches I'd want to see.

I read something about that yesterday. As to whether or not Angle really is coming back, if there's been any sort of talks with WWE or if he actually even said it at all is anybody's guess at this point.

Angle himself has stated that he intends to retire in TNA on multiple occasions. I like Angle and respect the guy, but he's somebody that can blow hot air almost as well as Hulk Hogan and comes off, sometimes, as a HUGE mark for himself. Remember all the times he's complained whenever someone "steals" his finisher or one of "his" moves? As a result, it can sometimes be hard to tell if Angle's serious or if he's bullshitting.

It wouldn't surprise me if Angle wants to come back to WWE. This is just a guess on my part, but if the various reports on TNA's financial situation and budget cuts since last summer are accurate, then Angle MIGHT leave if TNA's no longer able to give him what he wants. Reports over the past few days allege that budget cuts are still going on in TNA and one TNA veteran, according to the report that is, joked that wrestlers will be paying TNA to work if it keeps going on this way.

As to whether or not Angle can compete, again, who knows? If he can compete, it won't be anywhere close to what he once was. His latest runs in TNA have shown that. Depending on which story is told and depending upon who's telling it, issues regarding Angle's physical condition are said to have played a major part in him leaving WWE. Angle's side is that he wanted time off to rest up and WWE wouldn't give it to him. WWE's side is that Angle was abusing painkillers and management wanted him to seek treatment, but he refused. Again, there's no telling what the real story is. WWE is going to cover its collective backside and Angle, as I alluded to earlier, is a pretty big mark for himself who'll paint WWE as the villain. Either story is believable.

Angle coming back to WWE could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on what happens. If they automatically try to stick Angle in a prime main event spot ahead of some younger talent on the roster, it's POSSIBLE that Angle could get a response like Batista has. However, I think it's unlikely because fans are well aware of how good Angle is, how tough he is and how passionate he's been for pro wrestling. It might rub some people the wrong way, but I don't see it being close to Batista's level. I mean, let's face it, if you were to take 10 fans and ask them who's the better pro wrestler between Angle or Batista, it's not at all difficult to say that at least 9 of those 10 would pick Angle.

With the recent pay cuts TNA talent have been forced to take, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Angle decided to attempt a WWE return. The only thing I see standing in his way is his drinking problem. That could end up giving WWE a lot of bad press. However, a few years ago when Swagger got a DUI, he ended up in a World Title match at Mania, so there is still hope.

As for whether or not he'd be able to pass the WWE physical, I have no idea. I stopped watching TNA a few years ago and haven't kept up with him much at all. He's one of the all time greats and his return would be a huge deal, even if he can't wrestle. Angle would make a great agent or mentor for some of the younger grapplers, and as someone else said, his GM role from 2004 was very entertaining. I hope he'd be able to pass the physical because there are so many great match-ups for him in the WWE right now.

Kurt Angle and Cessaro
Kurt Angle and Big E
Kurt Angle and Sheamus
Kurt Angle and Lesnar
and hell, why not

You forgot the biggest one of them all... JOHN CENA (trust me I'm going somewhere with this.

Kurt Angle was John Cena's first opponent ever in WWE (or at least, televised opponent), I could absolutely see an angle with them going one of two ways

Angle comes back as a heel and you have one of these tow happen

'You brought me into this world Kurt, well now I'm gonna put you out of it'
OR
'I brought you into this world John, so now I'm gonna put you out of it'

It would be cool to have him back, and the fans would love it because they'd get to chant "You Suck" every time he came out. Fans these days LOVE chants.

As far as who he'd face, in his rather brittle condition, anybody he'd face would have to be the consummate professional who would be able to protect him in the ring and make him look good at the same time.

That would narrow the list down to mostly main event level dudes. Brock, Cena, Kane, Orton, Taker and Trips are the names that immediately come to mind. This generation of dumbshit fans who don't give a fuck about the product would probably shit om all of those potential matchups, though. But they'd get to chant, so maybe that would help temper it a bit.

If somehow he can be physically able to wrestle that one final match at WM31...then make it Daniel Bryan vs Kurt Angle.
It could be a great throwback to the bouts between Angle and "He who must not be named" ;)

Kurt Angle and Cessaro
Kurt Angle and Big E
Kurt Angle and Sheamus
Kurt Angle and Lesnar
and hell, why not

Kurt Angle and Jack Swagger? I would rather see them as a tag team (proper Real Americans, why is Cesaro in a team called Real Americans when he isn't even an actual American?)

And Kurt Angle against Taker? I'm sorry but WTF?!

I will allow him back just to put over Big E, Jack Swaggy, Cesaro, Tyler Black, and DB.

Specifically in that order, then we can retire his ass. It's true, it's true, it's damn true.

Angle needs to be inducted into the Hall of Fame so he will return eventually. If he can wrestle then that would be fantastic. Angle is awesome and one more run would be great to see. Even if it is only a 12-18 months I'm fine because that is long enough.

He could put over younger talent as well as putting on 5 star matches with pretty much anyone. The obvious names are Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Big E, Cesaro, Bryan, Rhodes, Wyatt but I wouldn't mind him wrestling the bigger names. If he is healthy and can still deliver then for me it is a no-brainer. Let him work a light schedule as well. Maybe every other PPV and no house shows. Make sure he doesn't end up permanently injured and in return he can put on top quality feuds and enter an actual Hall of Fame.

The idea of having angle back in the wwe is brilliant.
If he is fit enough the feuds are endless; punk, bryan, cesaro, ambrose, wyatt, orton maybe even taker at next years wrestlemania? However it would be terrific also if he were to replace guerrero as gm, lets face it she is awful!

If Angle can't pass the physical tests for a WWE return then I don't think WWE will sign him to anything other than a legends contract.

I'd be pleased if Angle returned just to face John Cena and have an epic match with him just to prove that Cena has always been able to wrestle and finally SHUT the critics up once and for all. Kurt Angle vs John Cena would be an amazing match.

If Angle can't pass the physical tests for a WWE return then I don't think WWE will sign him to anything other than a legends contract.

True, and given the acrimony between Angle and WWE, I think there's a chance they might not even want him for that.

If he can wrestle, even just a few matches, they might not be able to resist having him back for a legend's run, although they still might have the notion to tell him to get lost given how things ended back then.

Give him two months of DDP yoga and he'll be fine, if Razor and Jake can do it, Kurt can do it as well!

Joking aside, I'm pretty sure that Angle can indeed recover and heal from his current injuries, despite him being "heavily" in a bad shape, he's still one of the best wrestlers in the world right now and with a lot of talented wrestlers in the WWE right now like Cesaro, Bryan and Ziggler (I'm not even mentioning Punk), Angle can have good matches with them without the fear of having him breaking up on live television.

I really want to sing one more "You Suck" chant, miss them a lot :D

True, and given the acrimony between Angle and WWE, I think there's a chance they might not even want him for that.

If he can wrestle, even just a few matches, they might not be able to resist having him back for a legend's run, although they still might have the notion to tell him to get lost given how things ended back then.

I think they paid for his rehabs so I don't think there is much acrimony between both parties right now.

Can't say I care too much at this point. Maybe back in 2011 or 2012, but now? Not so much. But if WWE brings Angle back for a few appearances here and there, and a deserved HOF induction, then I have no problems with it.

On the other hand, I'm not too crazy about the idea for one more run in the ring. The non stop reports for Angle's battered body over the years raise a lot of red flags, and I cringe, when Angle goes for the moonsault off the top of the cage in TNA. At this stage in his career, it's a better option to skip to the ride off into the sunset phase for the in-ring side of his career, if he returns to WWE.

You forgot the biggest one of them all... JOHN CENA (trust me I'm going somewhere with this.

Kurt Angle was John Cena's first opponent ever in WWE (or at least, televised opponent), I could absolutely see an angle with them going one of two ways

Angle comes back as a heel and you have one of these tow happen

'You brought me into this world Kurt, well now I'm gonna put you out of it'
OR
'I brought you into this world John, so now I'm gonna put you out of it'

I would watch that. Say what you will about Cena, but the guy can wrestle a solid match. Especially when his opponent is of Angle's caliber.

The IWC wants Angle versus Bryan, Angle will not pass WWE's medical requirements to wrestle, go figure.

True. If I was him, I'd just retire afterwards for the sake of his health. It would be cool to see him get a legit DVD with the WWE, a documentary and his best matches other than the match with Bryan, I couldn't expect more out of him

I really hope he does come back. He would be a welcome change to the disproportionate landscape of piss poor performers outnumbering great performers.

I think he's someone who fans of every range of interest want to see compete against the new roster, especially against guys like Cena and Orton. When fans chanted "YOU SUCK" during Angle's theme, I'm pretty sure that it was meant as a term of endearment and not as a criticism of his wrestling. When fans chant "CENA SUCKS!" they fucking mean it in every possible way except for his ability to draw their ire with a "CENA SUCKS!" chant.

When the fans scream "CENA SUCKS!" it's like they're vicariously begging for Kurt Angle to come back. Sure Daniel Bryan and CM Punk benefit socially from a "CENA SUCKS!" chant, they represent a more entertaining style of pro-wrestling as opposed to the ghetto white boy battle rapper gimmick that helped inspire the "CENA SUCKS!" chants. Kurt angle is among the minority of performers on par with Daniel Bryan and CM Punk, after a good "CENA SUCKS!" chant we might be blessed with Angle's presence and be able to point to him as a living example of why "CENA SUCKS!".

Now, I'm not saying that universally "CENA SUCKS!" from a straw that's sucking failure from a cup made of human shit. The fact that I know that "CENA SUCKS!" only makes it that much more awesome when he's defeated in the ring while the crowd chants "CENA SUCKS!" and he has to have a slice of humble pie for one of the few times in his fucking stupid life.

Kurt Angle needs to come back and save us, chanting "CENA SUCKS!" is well and good but it would truly validate the "CENA SUCKS!" chants if we could subsequently see Kurt angle destroy him and prove once again that "CENA SUCKS!".

Cena sucks by the way.

love to see him back. if he can go i definatly see him in matches against punk, db, swagger(only if they quit jobbing him out), a throwback with lesnar(even as stiff as lesnar has become, still think proper respect for angle to put on a safe match). then on to the hof and now that its televised, a gm role with nxt where he can influence and help younger talent while still being relevant. maybe a stint as a trainer at the preformance center.

I'd be pleased if Angle returned just to face John Cena and have an epic match with him just to prove that Cena has always been able to wrestle and finally SHUT the critics up once and for all. Kurt Angle vs John Cena would be an amazing match.

Angle could get an epic match out of a road cone, what you're saying wouldn't prove anything beyond once again how awesome Angle is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back