So Is This No Blood Thing Going To Lead To Something EPIC?!?!?

JayMiine

Pre-Show Stalwart
So as I was watching ECW tonight, something dawned on me when Shelton was bleeding. Everytime someone is cut, the cut man is right there now and steps in. So it was a combination of these last days of ECW and an old ECW big match feel(I know its nowhere near), and the fact that blood is becoming a big concern.

I am then reminded of the CLASSIC Stone Cold vs Bret HArt match where he kept bleeding and never gave up and that absolute epic bloody face icon.

So here is my question: With all this blood being contained are we on our way to one of the greatest moments in WWE History?

I feel like in some months to come, as blood becomes more and more obsolete something EPIC happens. We have a match between the likes of Orton and Cena, HHH and HBK, Undertaker and Edge, Jerico, Miz, McIntyre, Morrison...in a 1v1 match. One man gets cut(blades) and bleeds heavily and the match continues, only to be more blood, this time on the other man. This leads to an epic against the odds classic battle to end a war. I feel like Orton and Cena could do this amazingly, or maybe Morrison and McIntyre to create a new SUPERSTAR. I dont know who, but does anyone agree that we are going to be blessed with a PPV Classic WWE Moment this year involving a heavy blood match?

Hate to be a downer here Jay, but this is being moved to Wrestling Spam because ALL of the answers are going to be the same.

It's because of the PG Rating. Nothing more. WWE is trying to preserve it's image while Linda McMahon is running for Senate, as well.

That is what everyone is going to say.

wrong Lord Sid LOL... I was going to say that it's because of all the negative publicity over the deaths and other health problems of former wrestlers that they're trying to make the ring a "safer" environment... I noticed it stopped about the time that Bob Orton had bled in the ring during the Orton/Taker feud and WWE knew he had hepatitis

Okay well I feel you are both wrong here.
First off Sid, you misread what I wrote. I never asked why they cut down on the blood. I stated that due to this cut down maybe one PPV becomes pg-13(it is PPV) and something amazing happens. Maybe for 1 night, due to all of these concerns WWE gives one moment some blood to enhance it.

I dont think this will happen again in wwe. Not at all for another 2-3 years untill they start gettin real competition from TNA. This no blood policy is takin wwe nowhere. There Hell in a cell and elimination chamber matches are just like cage matches without blood. Last man standing and i quit matches has lost its unique feeling without blood. I dont see anyone cutting himself in wwe for 2-3 years until they change their strategy and their target audience. If someone bleed by accident then Vince would never allow the wrestler to continue until he gets the cut taped to stop blood. I am not a blood thirsty fan but this is a physical business, blood is important once a while to show the intensity and importance of the wrestler and matches. I dont think bleeding will become something epic in near future unless Vince kept going with PG for another 7-8 years.

The lack of blood is because of the PG rating, but it just could lead to something like Jay is saying. If they can keep us from seeing blood for a long period of time, the first time there's a big bloody (epic) battle.. it'll be like seeing something new for the first time. I remember seeing Ric Flair with so much blood in his hair that it glowed pink. We havent see something like that on WWE programming for a long time. Once it happens again, and it will, it's going to be memorable.

Spam, this thread is not.

Okay well I feel you are both wrong here.
First off Sid, you misread what I wrote. I never asked why they cut down on the blood. I stated that due to this cut down maybe one PPV becomes pg-13(it is PPV) and something amazing happens. Maybe for 1 night, due to all of these concerns WWE gives one moment some blood to enhance it.

And like I told you, that is not in the equation because of the PG rating. I didn't misread anything you wrote.

If they don't do blood because of the content rating, then that means no blood ... period. Not one night, or anything else.

WWE doesn't need a blood. Guys bitching about no blood are just bitching for the sake of bitching. I don't see how red liquid makes such a big impact in a wrestling match.

You just wait. One day Big Zeke is going to bleed and the EMTs will rush out to fix it, and Zeke will do this...

head.gif

Nuclear heel heat, I'm tellin' ya.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back