• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

So I killed Your Rock & Roll

lenguy

First Immortality..Then the Bitches
I just happened to being lying in bed this morning reminiscing about a conversation I had with a friend a few months back. I remember that everytime I went to go chill at his place I noticed he had very dubious taste in music in my opinion. It was mostly Rap and some R&B, stuff I generally don't fancy myself listening to.

I noticed this and we got into a debate that Rock music along with most genres related to it have slowly died and faded within the last decade.You might have heard all the claims before that Rock is dead there's nothing left that rock can do...so and and so forth. I even heard artists cover the topic in many songs. So in part I found myself agree with it a bit. The radio these days are dominated by all the hip-hop artists and pop musicians. With all the lady Gagas, Katy Perys, Justin beibers, Rhinanna's. I find it very difficult to enjoy anything found on the radio. If any rock band is getting air time I find its usually the ones who are the most radio friendly( the ones to mainstream for my taste)

For my particular taste I found myself looking harder and harder to find music to satisfy my needs(I'm very picky you see)I Often end up leaning towards the lesser known bands that haven't really broken out yet. Usually it doesn't last though as they only manage to release 1 or 2 albums before having to break up because of the lack of any real success. Its much harder for good bands to break free and manage any real success and get decent air time. That seems to be a thing of the past. These days if you have good,decent or above average singing skills or you favor singing about love/sex/partying/living in a teenage dream..then your all over the fucking radio. Guys, I can only listen to so many love songs. Its like this in my region but it might differ what gets radio time where your located, but here its beyond ridiculous.

Others however say Rock music is making a comeback. Others say its all but history. I think its just struggling. The music scene just ain't what it was a decade or two ago and times change. Who knows what will be on the radio in 2020. For the most part Rock is alive and thriving. You just need to look in the right places that's all.

That's my little piece. What do you guys think? Its evident that when to scroll through the music section and look at some of the posts. I observe that a lot of you like your rock/metal so I can imagine that most will disagree. But Its debatable and I want to hear what you guys have to say on the subject. So lets discuss.

Rock is alive its just you need to know where to lock something Called canadas number one metal station most likely won't have it
also rock is popular but not "Main stream" Rap,Hip hop and RnB are main stream Country,Rock and Screamo aren't that main stream.
But no matter what any music genere has a following some are bigger some not so big the bigger the group more times it gets played at a certain radio station which makes it better known and gets more fans,making it more popular and if its popular gets played alot. After that its a cycle.
and radio stations want to cater to the most people possible so if Rock is in demand you bet your arse Rock is g oing to get played, if the demand is a fat Drunk 80 year old singing 40 year old song then that will be played

I would say that rock is definitely on the backburner right now. That is because radio plays what the masses want to hear, and the masses are blind sheep with poor taste. Stations have to appeal to sponsors, and sponsors want friendly and safe music.

In my area, there is very little new rock played on the radio. We have an alternative rock station that mostly plays alt. rock songs from the late 90's and early 2000's. Then we have a station that pretty much just plays rock that is either at least 10 years old, Kid Rock, or Metallica. I haven't heard a new rock song on the radio in a while.

Do yourself a favor and get a satellite radio. Sirius/XM offers a good selection for rock...at least 6 stations. Plus, they have alt. rock, classic rock, and punk stations.

I wouldn't say Rock is dead or gone. I wouldn't even say it's not mainstream. If anything it's making somewhat of a comeback. It's done so in the last couple of years.

Bon Jovi:Remained Popular and Mainstream. But they are probably what your talking about when you say they are radio friendly.

Daughtry-Daughtry is a more recent group that has gained a lot of popularity in the last couple of years.

Nickelback-Might not be the most over rock band but hey they still are popular and have a few good songs.

Kings of Leon-Made a comeback the last couple of years. Great songs came out such as Use Somebody.

Like I said they probably are radio friendly. But They are Rock Groups that remained popular and continue to stay on the radio. So I wouldn't say that rock is dead or isn't mainstream.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back