So I Just Watched Doug Williams Job Clean to Garrett Bischoff on Xplosion

And I gotta say I was shaking my head. Here is the match:

[YOUTUBE]seuHkvCAqZ4[/YOUTUBE]

Seriously Doug is one of the most solid workers, definitely the best British worker going today (Though of course Magnus has the total package).

Now then what do you guys think of this? I understand Doug is a veteran and should be putting people over but I definitely don't think this was the right thing to do here. See if Garrett was a heel it would work because he can pick up big wins and get heat.

On a positive note though I like Garrett's finisher.

On the plus side... Well, who exactly watched this? Yeah, it's Doug Williams I get that. But Doug's the kind of guy who can bounce back no matter what. He's that talented. Garret on the other hand, is the kind of guy the company wants to push, but knows isn't going to get over. As far as I care, keep him winning clean on Xplosion as much they want. Just keep him away from Impact. Where everyone is forced to watch.

I don't think most fans take Garrett Bischoff seriously. He's a shining example of who ya know and not what ya know. Which is probably why Doug Williams is stuck jobbing to him. The whole time I'm watchin' Impact, I'm hoping they NEVER enter Garrett into the BFG tourney. He'll probably win the damn thing. Over many more deserving guys, I might add.

I don't think most fans take Garrett Bischoff seriously. He's a shining example of who ya know and not what ya know. Which is probably why Doug Williams is stuck jobbing to him. The whole time I'm watchin' Impact, I'm hoping they NEVER enter Garrett into the BFG tourney. He'll probably win the damn thing. Over many more deserving guys, I might add.

I don't think they're dumb enough to have him win if he was in it. Could be entertaining though...think about it...Garrett Bischoff taking the 5 Star Frog Splash one week...the next week, Twist of Fate/Swanton....the following week, choked out by Samoa Joe....the next week, ankle almost broken by Kurt Angle...the next week, his head gets kicked off by James Storm...I would actually find that sequence of events entertaining haha....ok seriously though, he is a prime example of who you know. He's not that great in the ring, and I was really worried when they had him challenge for the TV title. I could have seen them putting the strap on him and just making a mockery of it when it is starting to gain value again. With that said, so long as he's not polluting Impact, I don't really care what goes on Xplosion. Plus Doug Williams is in the tournament for the X Division title at Destination X so he's still coming out on top.

I don't think it's THAT big of a deal. Regardless of anyone's viewpoints on Garrett Bischoff, I give props to TNA for at least TRYING to build a new star. As far as Doug Williams goes, I do like his ring work but the only time he was ever relevant in TNA was when he was the X-division champion, which I do think was a very underrated reign for it's creativity of trying to bring a ground and pound mat wrestling to a high flying division. It reminded me of Mick Foley's anti-hardcore storyline in ECW 20 years ago.

With that said, Doug Williams is the kind of guy Garrett Bischoff needs to be feuding with in this stage of his career. He can learn a lot from feuding with him. Doug has enough credibility for the win to be big for Garrett's career and also Doug isn't high in the ranks so it's not like they are hurting a Samoa Joe, Ken Anderson, Jeff Hardy, Austin Aries, etc.

This may be a little off topic but I like this explosion announce team way more than impact. Maybe it's just my hatred for Tenay,but who cares. Anyways, as long as he's not on Impact I'm fine with him beating a guy like Douglas. I also like both of their finishers.

I agree with the people that say as long as he is not on Impact I don't care. I really like Doug Williams though and would like to see him on Impact more. I think he offered a great contrast in the X division with his ground game. I would not want to see him losing to Garrett on Impact though. I just can't see Garrett in the business for the long haul, and see no reason for him to be put over so often so early. Maybe in time he will impress us, but for now keep him on Xplosion.

nothing new in the business. Regal jobbed to less talented guys for years. only bad part is Explosion is more of an international show and i would hope that you push the "foreign" guys a little bit to keep that market happy.

I am more disappointed that they let him use that finisher. Zema Ion uses that finisher on the indys and it is far better than his face buster finisher.

If it happened on Impact, I'd be pissed off. Xplosion, well, no one really watches it and is more of a Youtube show. Hopefully they arent using this as a segway for Garett to enter the X-Division tournament at the PPV. I'd then be well and truly pissed off.

I don't think they're dumb enough to have him win if he was in it. Could be entertaining though...think about it...Garrett Bischoff taking the 5 Star Frog Splash one week...the next week, Twist of Fate/Swanton....the following week, choked out by Samoa Joe....the next week, ankle almost broken by Kurt Angle...the next week, his head gets kicked off by James Storm...I would actually find that sequence of events entertaining haha....ok seriously though, he is a prime example of who you know. He's not that great in the ring, and I was really worried when they had him challenge for the TV title. I could have seen them putting the strap on him and just making a mockery of it when it is starting to gain value again. With that said, so long as he's not polluting Impact, I don't really care what goes on Xplosion. Plus Doug Williams is in the tournament for the X Division title at Destination X so he's still coming out on top.

That's actually a great idea! It'd be amusing to see how Garrett gets his ass kicked each week he's in the tourney......

i not sure i agree he not great on the mic but he could learn and devolpe and he could get better in the ring so maybe give him a chance i mean an example miz wasnt excatly good when he first started now look he great on the mic and he a lot better in the ring

In the grand scheme of things, there's no real harm done to Williams. I enjoy Williams, he's one of the most underrated assets on the TNA roster in my opinion, but he's probably peaked in TNA. With the TNA tag team scene on life support, plus Magnus doing his own thing as a singles wrestler in the BFG Series, there's nothing for him to do there. He could always be of use in the X Division but the X Division doesn't seem to be enough of a priority to be infused with useful talent, otherwise Alex Shelley would've been a staple in the X Division during the roughly year long absence of Chris Sabin. So he probably won't be used there. He could have a run with the Television Championship but you actually have to be used or seen on television for any length of time for that to happen.

I can understand why the OP is a dismayed at this. It's Garrett Bischoff, a guy who only has a job in TNA because of his family connections. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he makes more money than most of the roster because of that as well. Williams is so much better than Bischoff that it's a shame to see him job out to him, but that's just how it goes sometimes.

On the plus side... Well, who exactly watched this? Yeah, it's Doug Williams I get that. But Doug's the kind of guy who can bounce back no matter what. He's that talented. Garret on the other hand, is the kind of guy the company wants to push, but knows isn't going to get over. As far as I care, keep him winning clean on Xplosion as much they want. Just keep him away from Impact. Where everyone is forced to watch.

Haha you're right. I just want to clarify, I know it was on Xplosion so it really doesn't mean anything but it was more Doug's future I was concerned about, since Love jobbed recently and now she's been released.

Also....who keeps capitalising every word in my thread titles? Do we have an OCD mod here? lol

Who is the other guy announcing with JB and i would love for TNA to try out a new young announce team for at least for one impact

I remember when Doug was feuding with AJ Styles and Fortune. Shame he is such a great wrestler but this is TNA all over.

Who is the other guy announcing with JB and i would love for TNA to try out a new young announce team for at least for one impact

It was former ECW guy Simon Diamond but he goes by his real name Pat Kenney he's now a TNA road agent. Beforehand it was Eric Bischoff and JB who I thought were great together especially when Eric heeled it up lol but he has unfortunately had to go since being written off.

Simon Diamond is doing a good job on Xplosion but agree with you that Eric and JB were good together. They had some chemistry, got the feeling that JB did not like Eric that much.

lets be honest doug williams is never going to be anything else then a jobber in tna know. i put that down to tna not knowing what to do with him. yes he had a bit of a run when he was in the british invasion but i think that was more to do with putting magnus over. the best thing for williams to do would be to leave tna and go to roh.

I would not mind seeing Doug go back to RoH. I think Doug could play a role in help rebuilding the X-Division or put him in a Tag-Team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back