So About That Wisconsin Senate Deal

I really don't think any Dem. in his right mind would be stupid enough to comeback, the shit storm they would receive would be un-fucking-worldly

Also there is always the third option, someone shoots Walker, but that wouldn't be good for anyone

oh and just to make sure I'm very clear on this

I AM NOT CONDONING SHOOTING A POLITICIAN JUST BECAUSE I DON'T AGREE WITH HIS PROPOSAL, SHOOTING PEOPLE IS BAD AND WRONG SO DON'T DO IT...INSTEAD DRINK CHOCOLATE MILK, IT'S DELICIOUS

Today's news in this: the 14 wanted to meet with Walker (governor) to negotiate. Walker says no way.

Great to see what's going on up there.

I'm not a fan of chocolate milk, but that doesn't mean I'm going to shoot a politician.

got-milk.jpg

I think both sides are coming off as dumb. The people look dumb because they voted the guy in because he promised to make cuts, but as soon as the cuts targeted them specifically, they started bitching. The governor looks dumb because he did the corporate tax cuts, is going way too far with what he wants to cut, and is being a complete douche overall. I don't like unions, but I find myself siding with them because of how douchey the governor is being.

If we didn't have unions, working for a major company would be like living under a fascist government. People would be paid money that is worthless anywhere besides within the company, and the company itself would profit off of all the cheap labor. Unions are totally necessary to ensure the fair treatment of workers.

The governor is totally in the wrong here. He should have totally focused in on the corporate loopholes and tax issues rather than giving them a cut and making the employees suffer. It's just a boneheaded move by him, and hopefully this will reveal to the rest of the nation that the GOP does not in fact represent the middle class, it represents the richest of the rich.

I think both sides are coming off as dumb. The people look dumb because they voted the guy in because he promised to make cuts, but as soon as the cuts targeted them specifically, they started bitching. The governor looks dumb because he did the corporate tax cuts, is going way too far with what he wants to cut, and is being a complete douche overall. I don't like unions, but I find myself siding with them because of how douchey the governor is being.

The problem with this is that when Walker came in, the budget was fine. Then he gave 140 million dollars in tax cuts to businesses and tells the middle class workers tehy have to pay for them. The budget that Walker sets these deadlines for isn't due until July but Walker wants it done immediately without time for debate. That's where the issue comes up.

If we didn't have unions, working for a major company would be like living under a fascist government. People would be paid money that is worthless anywhere besides within the company, and the company itself would profit off of all the cheap labor. Unions are totally necessary to ensure the fair treatment of workers.

I don't disagree with the concept of unions, I disagree with their execution. With minimum wage and other labor laws, most everything that unions were founded to help with has been rectified with laws. Now, unions more or less handcuff companies and force them to overpay workers and give them expanded benefits that can cost the business a lot. I'm pretty liberal, but unions are the one thing I am pretty conservative about.

The problem with this is that when Walker came in, the budget was fine. Then he gave 140 million dollars in tax cuts to businesses and tells the middle class workers tehy have to pay for them. The budget that Walker sets these deadlines for isn't due until July but Walker wants it done immediately without time for debate. That's where the issue comes up.

Ahhh, ok. I wasn't aware of all that. I just assumed that Wisconsin was in deep shit like most other states. I think I did know about pushing the bill through though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back