• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown Rating

Con T.

Yaz ain't enough, I need Fluttershy
The May 6th episode of WWE Smackdown, featuring the controversial Christian vs. Randy Orton World Title match, scored a 1.73 cable rating. The number is down 12 percent from the previous week, a 1.94.

It is the lowest rated episode of 2011 to date. The show drew 2,793,000 viewers overall.

Huh. Good or bad thing for Christian? I mean, the number did drop for him when he was champion. Could this have perhaps proven Vince... My God... right?

Who says this was Christian's fault? Maybe all the people that read the spoilers were so pissed off they didn't want to see the title change.
Its possible possibly. :)

Who says this was Christian's fault? Maybe all the people that read the spoilers were so pissed off they didn't want to see the title change.

If that isn't giving the IWC more credit than it deserves, I don't know what it is. Besides that, Vince isn't going to see that number and think, "The smarks are coming! the smarks are coming!" He's going to think, "Well, the numbers were down when Christian as champ."

Which can only lead me to the hope you're being sarcastic. I really hope.

Edit: Ah. I see what you did there.

Whether true or not, I'd bet anything that this will be the case.

It is true. Again, Orton's a mainstream name, Christian's not. Really this should be expected. The Arcade Fire is a better band than Coldplay. Guess who will sell more tickets.

There were people claiming they weren't going to watch SD this week because of the title change. I don't know if it was enough to drop the rating that much, but it doesn't bode well for another Christian title reign

It is true. Again, Orton's a mainstream name, Christian's not. Really this should be expected. The Arcade Fire is a better band than Coldplay. Guess who will sell more tickets.

That's not a very good analogy. Christian might have been the champion, but he isn't the only one on the show. Do people really stop watching the show because the champion is someone they don't really like? Orton is still on the program regardless. So why would people watch the show because Randy Orton is champion, but won't when he is still on the show but Christian is holding the title?

If word didn't get back to upper management that there were loud online screams of boycotts after the spoilers came out, Vince really is living in the alternate reality I've always credited him with creating. That's all I have to say.

There were people claiming they weren't going to watch SD this week because of the title change. I don't know if it was enough to drop the rating that much, but it doesn't bode well for another Christian title reign

I'm sorry, I really just can't buy two hundred thousand fans would do something so stupid, when all it could do was hurt Christian. If Christian fans really wanted to help him, they would have watched his segment, and left.

That's not a very good analogy. Christian might have been the champion, but he isn't the only one on the show. Do people really stop watching the show because the champion is someone they don't really like? Orton is still on the program regardless. So why would people watch the show because Randy Orton is champion, but won't when he is still on the show but Christian is holding the title?

Because, Christian isn't the more known name. Orton is. More people will watch the more known name. Yes, that does matter.

I'm sorry, I really just can't buy two hundred thousand fans would do something so stupid, when all it could do was hurt Christian. If Christian fans really wanted to help him, they would have watched his segment, and left.

Oh, trust me, I don't buy that many people boycotted or that it was a good idea. I just saw many people saying that would happen. David Lagana posted a much better idea on his website, saying that everyone should buy Christian's merch if they want to prove they want him to have success

Oh, trust me, I don't buy that many people boycotted or that it was a good idea. I just saw many people saying that would happen. David Lagana posted a much better idea on his website, saying that everyone should buy Christian's merch if they want to prove they want him to have success

If that were the case, they should have bought his merch years ago, not just now. It's not like it's hiding in a ditch in New Mexico

Because, Christian isn't the more known name. Orton is. More people will watch the more known name. Yes, that does matter.

Christian has been at the central focus of the show for a few weeks now. I find it hard to believe that because he all of a sudden he is holding a belt that he is going to cause a drop in ratings.

And like I said, if people love seeing Orton so much, why aren't they watching regardless of whether he is champion or not?

Guys it's only a .21 difference. Can't really read much into that in terms of who does and doesn't draw, especially with NBA and NHL playoffs going on concurrently.

People do not watch Smackdown like they do Raw. Plain and simple. I'm an Orton mark, as big as they come, but I'm not delusional enough to believe he's going to make that much of a difference in the ratings.

How many total viewers? How many total viewers the week before?

Christian's pop was still huge though. There were clearly shitloads of Christian fans there because they kept focusing on all the different Christian signs in the crowd and the crowd was hot for everything Christian said in his opening promo.

Orton has more effect in ratings. If you're gonna say Christian was champ so he is responsible, then the past couple of weeks with no champ must have had a zero rating.

either that or you may say Having no champ is better than having CC as champ, which says a lot about you.

i was thinking maybe spoiler reading angry Christian fans didn't tune in, which would be interesting to debate.

Orton isn't a known name neither is Christian. I honestly believe the only kinds of guys to have the power to draw on the basis on them being champions are guys like Cena and Hogan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back