• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smackdown MVP for June 17th, 2011

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
The MVP for the June 17th, 2011 episdoe of Smackdown is...

[YOUTUBE]7hGaoyfbrsI&[/YOUTUBE]

Christian
christian%2Bwwe%2Braw%2Bsmackdown%2Becw%2Breturn.jpg

Crowd Reaction: Got great heal throughout the night in both his promos and during in entrance for the ME. Christian gets the best heat out of all the heels on Smackdown.

Promo/Mic time: Both his Promos were awesome. He is one of the best Promo men in the WWE for a reason. The man can play the crowd like a fiddle no matter if he is a heel or a face.

Quality of their match: Above average quality match tonight for the ME and I expect no less from Christian regardless of where he is on the card.

How they handle their character: Christian is a much better heel than face. He gets the crowd to boo him within seconds no matter what city they are in. The name handles his character like no one else on Smackdown.

In a very close 2nd place are The Usos. Their short tag match entertained me more than everyone tonight not named Christian. If they keep this up they will be MVP in no time.

I thought Christian was awful tonight, and I'm generally a fan. His promos were generic, his reactions were luke warm at best, and Sheamus carried him in their match, which was still pretty lame. I couldn't disagree with your assessment of Christian's night anymore.

My pick would either be the Usos or Big Show. The Usos put on a hell of a show, easily the match of the night in my opinion. Unfortunately, the audience has no idea to react to these guys, but nothing will get the audience cheering for you quicker than by putting on great matches.

Big Show was just entertaining. His first interview with Josh Matthews was weird, but effective, and gave some good insight to his state of mind. The real entertainment, though, came when he tore the ringside area apart, and that was awesome. He made almost as big a mess as Nexus, and he's just one man! I was really into that segment, and Big Show showed why he's the WWE's top big man: he can be extremely entertaining and wildly menacing at the same time.

Well it's the Big Show

I thought Big Show deserves the MVP for this night. Not only did he come here with a mission but also totally destroyed Mark Henry tonight. Mark Henry is a big guy and after :20 seconds of him getting beat causes a knock out that is impressive. Also, Big Show totally obliterating the ring just helped his feud. I think Show looks dominant going into the feud and I think he deserves the MVP because of it.

My pick would either be the Usos or Big Show. The Usos put on a hell of a show, easily the match of the night in my opinion. Unfortunately, the audience has no idea to react to these guys, but nothing will get the audience cheering for you quicker than by putting on great matches.

I told you about the Usos last wee. :p

But yah, Usos get my vote for the second week. They have such an infectious energy about them. That and they are pretty hard hitting. I thought that tag match was a blast. Heck, I might even want to see them kick the shit out of Lil Hennig and Mr. Jennifer Hudson.. Well, before I realize Lil Hennig and Mr. Jennifer Hudson were in the match. haha

And I can't be the only one who thinks Christian's performances have been overrated as shit? All he is doing is pandering to the crowd still only to get a ":shrug:" reaction.. Only difference he is trying to get them to boo him. And something about him not getting his ass kicked directly and effectively by Sheamus doesn't sit well with him. Sheamus probably eats bigger steaks than Christian for lunch or something.

Christian.

His crowd reaction was fine, just to set that straight. I wish the feud with Orton was a bit more personal. If they continue to do nothing but argue over who has pinned who more often, it's going to get old. But, he had a decent match with Sheamus, and cut the better promo. Sheamus is a decent talker, but a bit overrated by the IWC. Still have no idea why Sheamus interests anyone. However, tonight, Sheamus was a close 2nd to Christian.

The MVP of the night goes to the Usos. People might not know this, but this is a "rematch" from Superstars. I think this match surprises a lot of people, as it did when I watched it the first time on Superstars. Never in my wildest imagination did I thought for a second that they (The Usos vs Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater) could produce such a fine match.

But the sad thing is there aren't many good tag teams in WWE (Big Show and Kane is good, but they're too powerful), and this might be the only combination that worked. I don't foresee the same kind of fireworks with Otunga and Mcgillicutty. Oh wait... that already happened...

Sheamus is a decent talker, but a bit overrated by the IWC. Still have no idea why Sheamus interests anyone.

I think Sheamus is the best guy in the company when it comes to offense. Make no mistake, he is going to try to rip your head off and shit down your throat. With that being said, I really don't think he is very comfortable on the mic. Or at least that is how he sounds a lot with his voice always on the verge of cracking.

Last week I gave The Usos a honorable mention when it came to winning MVP, this week I'm giving them the award straight up. Like I said last week, Jimmy and Jey just ooze swag and it is really showing in their work right now. This face turn is really helping them. They are getting over with their fast paced offense, fun dancing (chip off the old block eh?), and general chemistry as a tag team. They really shined tonight and the crowd was really behind them the whole. I hope these past two weeks are a sign of what is to come, as The Usos could really be in prime position to get those big copper tag team championship belts.

I think that Nick pretty much hit the nail on the head. Christian's promos seem somewhat genric because he really does not have much to talk about. His feud with Orton and his heel turn have been based on one thing and one thing only, that the crowd cost him his chance to live his dream of being a World Heavyweight Champion by electing Orton to face Christian for the championship on the show after Extreme Rules where Christian won the championship. That is the reason why he is pandering to the crowd, because the crowd is to blame. It is certainly not an attempt to garner cheap heat because it fits well with the storyline.

I, too, wish that this story was somewhat personal. The problem is that for that to happen Orton would have to make all the personal attacks at Christian. I liked the way in which Orton brought up Edge on Raw. Maybe they could have gone further with that. Tonight, I would have liked to see something like Orton stopping Christian's music while Christian was entering and maybe asking Edge's music to be played while Christian entered as Edge was the man who had carried Christian throughout his career. It could have also added another aspect to Orton's somewhat bland character.

But Christian was quite easily the MVP of the show. He cut two good if somewhat generic promos and participated in a good match. The reason why it my look like Sheamus carried the match was because Sheamus was on rabid offense all the while as the match meant more to him. He almost wrestled as a face in this match-up. Christian played his part well though.

The first runner up would have to be Big Show. The genial giant looked fearsome after a long time. He came out with a purpose and now I am somewhat interested to see the match between Del Rio and Show.

The second runners up would be The Usos. The match was great but what hurts them in my eyes is that the match was purposeless. The Usos are a good tag team and they can be used to re-energize the tag team division.

I will choose The Big Show, he is on a role and he knocked out Mark Henry like he was nothing, very good "wrestling promo" and I liked to see him destroying everything and becoming a threat to anybody, I think he should have a WWE Championship opportunity, maybe his time is over but I can still see him as a great competitor and he can draw money.

I also want to mention Sheamus and The Usos...
Sheamus woke me up in the opening promo and he definitely can sell a wrestling match, I really liked it.

The Usos made me remember the old days with the Dudleyz, E&C and i really liked the match, I also saw a lot of potential in Justin Gabriel and Heath Slater...
The Tag Team division is growing up from ashes .

My MVP of the week for SmackDown has to be Sheamus! I dont care what anyone says, Sheamus is probably one of the best all-round wrestlers in the business. He sells well, he CAN cut a decent promo, strikes well and brings an intensity and fire into the ring hat no-one really does anymore. You can tell that wrestling is his passion. The match Christian was very good and even though i'm a Christian mark, Sheamus carried him through it.
And as to people saying that he should be given a face turn, I don't agree. There is so much more for him to accomplish (If given the right storyline) to make him a PROPER main event player which when he turns face people will care about.

I think Sheamus is the best guy in the company when it comes to offense. Make no mistake, he is going to try to rip your head off and shit down your throat. With that being said, I really don't think he is very comfortable on the mic. Or at least that is how he sounds a lot with his voice always on the verge of cracking.

Best offense? Seriously? He might have the most simplistic offense in the business. I don't need flippies to make me happy, never have, but I don't think Sheamus has anywhere near the best offense in the WWE. He's very physical, and I like that. But Sheamus needs a good partner, if a match goes past 15 minutes, because he has such a limited offense. Sheamus has definitely grown on me over the past year. At this point last year, I thought he was the weakest main event guy WWE had, so he really had nowhere to go but up.

Also, I completely forgot about The Big Show. The feud with Del Rio isn't doing much for me, but Show showed some drive last night. Looked motivated. He might have to take the 3rd spot on my list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back