• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Smack down Battle Royal...

I'm sorry but wasn't Royal Rumble just three whole weeks ago?

I might be the only person who feels this way, but I absolutely hate the idea of a battle royal (outside of the Rumble) to fill a spot in anything

Why on Earth was a battle royal suggested to fill the 6th spot for the Smackdown EC Match so soon after the Royal Rumble?

Who in their right mind in WWE creative thought that having this match was a great idea?

Lets be serious, there were roughly 30 or so people in the ring during this match, the same as the Royal Rumble....

The winner doesn't matter, because the use of this gimmick match so close after the Royal Rumble

Why , why, why, WHY?

They had a mini rumble in 2004 (15 man or some shit) like a week after the rumble to get Eddie to the main event of no way out 2004. Nothing new this week.

Meh. I absoutely love thrown together Battle Royals. Seems to be happening on Samckdown a lot lately unlike most people I enjoy the match though.

The Royal Rumble is booked as one of the BIG WWE PPV's yearly.

This year was the 25th Royal Rumble. WM is the big one, Summer Slam, Survivor Series and the Royal Rumble are the other 3.

The Rumble is the 2nd most important WWE PPV on a yearly basis. I was at the Rumble this year.

The Winner of the Rumble is usually graced into super stardom. They main event the WM match for whatever title they choose.

They become a star. Triple H, Undertaker, Edge, Austin, HBK, Orton, the Rock and various other Main Event BIG name WWE stars have won this match.

But due to constantly using "Over the top Battle Royal matches" as quick fixes it has helped cheapen the match by using it frivolously the quality of the match, and the hype behind it has been degraded.

No one thinks that having these bullshit blow off Over the Top Battle Royal matches cheapens the actual Royal Rumble match in the long run?

The better question should be how poorly it was booked that the "biggest threat" going into it was fucking David Otunga?

The better question should be how poorly it was booked that the "biggest threat" going into it was fucking David Otunga?

Yeah Johnny's Ace, lets be fucking serious Otunga's been receiving a push, but no one would have given a single shit about his involvement in a Chamber match.

I really hope they take Santino's ball and run all the way with it. I'm dying to see him as WHC.

Love battle royals. Don't think it devalues the Rumble either. Different type of match, different participants, the winner probably wont win the EC match anyway so I don't see the harm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back