• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Watching Through the Royal Rumble 1988-2013 (with LINKS!)

[YOUTUBE]-0RjQUrd0Ko[/YOUTUBE]

Foley vs. Rock. I had to stop watching that match. It's just really hard to get through, knowing what we know now about concussions. I mean, I still think today's product is way too protected, but it's things like this match why it has to be. Foley takes over a dozen chair shots straight to the head, while handcuffed. Absolutely brutal. Nobody at fault, because that's just the way the biz was at that point, but Jesus... Really uncomfortable.

Here we go, Royal Rumble 2000. I don't remember this Rumble match at all. The only thing I care about is Cactus Jack vs. Triple H. I love this match. I know I just got done saying how hard it was to watch Foley vs. Rock, but...you know. Whatever.
[YOUTUBE]1ivX0_ulwSw[/YOUTUBE]

The 99 Rumble match is one of the worst in my opinion. However, I absolutely love the Rock vs Mankind match. Yes, the chair-shots are a bit difficult to watch but it's a classic nonetheless. I love the ending as well.

I love Rikishi in this Rumble. The match itself isn't that great, as a whole, but I popped huge for Too Cool. MSG loved it.

I take it back. A lot of people call Rumble 2000 disappointment, and underwhelming. I disagree. If it had a major flaw, I'd say it was beyond obvious that Rock was going to win. But that's not always a terrible thing. They had a lot of fun with the match. In a time where the middle of the card was very full and strong, and lots of mini-feuds going on, I thought the match was actually better booked than most of the ones before it, save for 98 and 92. Rikishi was awesome. Too Cool was fun, briefly. Kai En Tai had some fun until what's his face fell on...well, his face. Electric finish with Big Show and Rock, so even if the finish was obvious, MSG still loved it. I wouldn't have gone off the air on a negative note, but that's got nothing to do with the match itself.

Now we're getting into the years where I barely paid attention. I watched a lot of Smackdown post-Attitude Era, but I really couldn't say who wins any of these Rumble matches until Chris Benoit, and then Batista. ANd then of course the more recent years I've seen way too many times.

Edit: I actually don't think I've seen Rumble 2001 before.

Edit Again: Nevermind. Drew Carey.

[YOUTUBE]c6x4466yN3k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]3aRp36VWpd4[/YOUTUBE]

For anybody wondering, I think my order so far is: 1992, 1998, 2001, 2000, 1994, 1996. Those are my favorites.

I take it back. A lot of people call Rumble 2000 disappointment, and underwhelming. I disagree. If it had a major flaw, I'd say it was beyond obvious that Rock was going to win. But that's not always a terrible thing. They had a lot of fun with the match. In a time where the middle of the card was very full and strong, and lots of mini-feuds going on, I thought the match was actually better booked than most of the ones before it, save for 98 and 92. Rikishi was awesome. Too Cool was fun, briefly. Kai En Tai had some fun until what's his face fell on...well, his face. Electric finish with Big Show and Rock, so even if the finish was obvious, MSG still loved it. I wouldn't have gone off the air on a negative note, but that's got nothing to do with the match itself.

Kane wuz robbed. Fucking Xpac...

Welp. Maven is dead.
f9z0NW.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back