• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slammy Awards 2015

Who is your Superstar of the year?

• Roman Reigns

• Dean ambrose

• Brock Lesnar

• John Cena

• Kevin Owens

• Alberto Del Rio

• Dolph Ziggler

• Undertaker

• Rusev

• Daniel Bryan

• Ryback

• HHH

• Cesaro

• Seth Rollins

• Other let us know!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
It's that time of year again when WWE essentially wastes three hours on Monday giving out awards that WWE itself doesn't consider relevant. The Slammy Awards have always been pretty hit or miss with the shows usually being a dull drag or, occasionally, being quite an entertaining one. At any rate, the awards & nominees for this year are:

Superstar of the Year: For the first time, open to every wrestler on the main roster.

Rivalry of the Year:
Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton
John Cena vs. Rusev
Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
Team PCB vs. Team BAD vs. Team Bella

Double-Cross of the Year:
Jon Stewart costs John Cena the WWE United States Championship at SummerSlam
Paige attacks Becky Lynch and Charlotte on the October 26th episode of Raw
Stardust turns on Goldust on the February 16th episode of Raw
Randy Orton turns on Seth Rollins on the March 9th episode of Raw
Damien Mizdow eliminates The Miz from the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXXI

Surprise Return of the Year:
Chris Jericho teaming with Ambrose & Reigns at Night of Champions
The Dudley Boyz return on the August 24th episode of Raw
Sting returns and attacks Seth Rollins on the August 24th episode of Raw
Alberto Del Rio & Zeb Coulter return at Hell in a Cell
Demon Kane returns at Night of Champions

Best Original WWE Network Show:
Breaking Ground
Table For 3
Stone Cold Podcast
WWE 24
Swerved

Tag Team of the Year:
The New Day
The Usos
The Prime Time Players
The Lucha Dragons
Tyson Kidd and Cesaro

Hashtag of the Year:
#GiveDivasAChance
#SaveTheTables
#AxelMania
#RKOOUTTANOWHERE
#SuplexCity

Celebrity Moment of the Year:
Stephen Amell dives onto Stardust at SummerSlam
The cast of Entourage introduces Zack Ryder on the May 25th episode of Raw
Machine Gun Kelly gets powerbombed by Kevin Owens on the June 15th episode of Raw
Jon Stewart's involvement in the Rollins vs. Cena match at SummerSlam
Wayne Rooney slaps King Barrett on the November 9th episode of Raw

"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Moment of the Year:
Dean Ambrose calls Seth Rollins Justin Bieber on the May 25th episode of Raw
Brock Lesnar coins Suplex City at WrestleMania XXXI
Seth Rollins disses Kane on the April 6th episode of Raw
Paige spoils Charlotte's championship celebration on the September 21st episode of Raw
Seth Rollins calls Johnny Manziel Johnny Idiot Face on the June 15th episode of Raw

Best John Cena's U.S Open Challenge:
vs. Cesaro on the July 6th episode of Raw
vs. Dolph Ziggler on the October 12th episode of Raw
vs. Neville on the May 11th episode of Raw
vs. Sami Zayn on the May 4th episode of Raw
vs. Dean Ambrose on the March 30th episode of Raw

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year:
The Divas Revolution begins on the July 13th episode of Raw
The Rock and Ronda Rousey attack Triple H and Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania XXXI
The Shield briefly reunite to powerbomb Randy Orton through the announce table at Payback
Randy Orton counters Seth Rollins' Curb Stomp into an RKO at WrestleMania XXXI
Brock Lesnar destroys J&J Security's car on the July 6th episode of Raw

Breakout Star of the Year:
Kevin Owens
Charlotte
Neville
Tyler Breeze
Braun Strowman

WWE Diva of the Year:
Paige
Nikki Bella
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
Naomi

Extreme Moment of the Year:
Luke Harper powerbombs Dean Ambrose through a ladder at WrestleMania XXXI
Seth Rollins breaks John Cena's nose on the July 27th episode of Raw
The Undertaker & Brock Lesnar brawl on the July 20th episode of Raw
Roman Reigns post TLC match assault at the TLC ppv
Neville dives off a ladder onto several other wrestlers on the June 11th episode of SmackDown

Match of the Year:
Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE WHC at the Royal Rumble
John Cena vs. Kevin Owens at Elimination Chamber
Sting vs. Triple H at WrestleMania XXXI
Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens on the October 26th episode of Raw.
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at Hell in a Cell

The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year:
Seth Rollins cashes in his MITB briefcase at WrestleMania XXXI
Brock Lesnar's rampage on the March 30th episode of Raw
Kalisto hits Jey Uso with Salida del Sol at TLC
The Wyatt Family attack and carry out the Undertaker at Hell in a Cell
Sheamus cashes in his MITB briefcase at Survivor Series

LOL Moment of the Year:
Edge & Christian bring back the kazoo on the September 7th episode of Raw
The Bushwhackers' WWE Hall of Fame induction speech
The Miz and Damien Mizdow's erectile dysfunction commercial on the March 2nd episode of Raw
The New Day get Triple H and Stephanie McMahon to dance on the September 14th episode of Raw
R-Truth mistakenly believes he's in the MITB ladder match on the June 8th episode of Raw

The Hero in All of Us Award: TBA

I'm guessing that at least half of these will be announced on WWE.com rather than the broadcast and there are quite a few that I don't see anyone really giving a crap about like the Hashtag, Celebrity Moment, Tell Me I didn't Just See That, the LOL and Best Original WWE Network Show awards.

As for Superstar of the Year, Reigns got it last year and essentially proved that it was rigged because he was getting booed out of the building at this time last year, but I'd say he'll get it again this year.

Double-Cross of the Year will go to Stewart screwing over Cena and I think that's the only real reason the category even exists.

Surprise Return of the Year should genuinely go to either Del Rio or the Dudley Boyz.

Tag Team of the Year should most definitely go to New Day.

Best John Cena U.S. Open Challenge is kinda tricky. But for what I thought was the best match, I have to go with Cesaro as they're just able to really bring each other to another level.

"This Is Awesome" Moment of the Year will probably go to The Rock & Ronda Rousey making Trips & Steph look like chumps at WrestleMania.

Breakout Star of the Year should definitely go to Kevin Owens as he's the only one on the list, aside from Charlotte, that's had a truly banner year on the main roster so far.

WWE Diva of the Year is pretty wide open. When you go strictly by kayfabe, Nikki Bella should get it. Going by sheer popularity, I could see it going to either Paige or Sasha Banks. Going by storyline progression, I could see them giving it to Charlotte as part of her continued heel turn.

Extreme Moment of the Year will probably go to Rollins breaking Cena's nose or Taker & Lesnar brawling as both generated so much buzz.

Match of the Year may go to Sting vs. Triple H for nostalgic purposes, I thought it was pretty lousy myself but I seem to be a minority. There were better matches than those nominated, in my opinion anyway, but of those listed, I'd have to give it to Lesnar vs. Cena vs. Rollins.

The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year has to be Rollins cashing in at WrestleMania as it'll be the cash in that all other cash ins are measured against in years to come.

The Hero in All of Us Award is something I have no idea about. I don't know if it's some sort of fan award that'll be given to a special fan or what.

Superstar of the Year: Seth Rollins.
His injury will end up being the best thing that ever happened to him. He will return to a hero's welcome and will be a top babyface for the next 10 years. Rollins and Reigns is the new Cena and Orton.

Rivalry of the Year: It has to be Lesnar vs. Undertaker and it wasn't even on the list.

Damien Mizdow eliminates The Miz from the Andre the Giant Memorial Battle Royal at WrestleMania XXXI

Just so I can see a guy who hasn't been on RAW in forever, accept an award for something that happened 8 months ago, with nothing to come of it.

Alberto Del Rio

I wasn't really wanting his return, but it was without a doubt the most surprising return.

Stone Cold Podcast

There have been times that I stayed awake through RAW just because this was coming on right after on the Network.

Tag Team of the Year:
The New Day

They looked like they were going to be the black 3MB. They've become the black Freebirds.

Hashtag of the Year:
None. Fuck Twitter.

None. Fuck Celebrities.

Paige spoils Charlotte's championship celebration on the September 21st episode of Raw

I'm done, can't get through them all.

Superstar of the Year: Rollins he's been on point and on fire all year long. Great promo artist and wrestler.

Rivalry of the Year: None of them impressed me enough.

Double-Cross of the Year: Out of all of them this is the best. Jon Stewart costs John Cena the WWE United States Championship at SummerSlam

Surprise Return of the Year: Yea unfortunately this is it. Alberto Del Rio & Zeb Coulter return at Hell in a Cell

Best Original WWE Network Show: Podcast for me, followed closely by Table for 3.

Tag Team of the Year: The New Day by a mile.

Hashtag of the Year: who cares

Celebrity Moment of the Year: Machine Gun Kelly gets powerbombed by Kevin Owens on the June 15th episode of Raw We were all waiting for it.

"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Moment of the Year: My son a the T shirt. Brock Lesnar coins Suplex City at WrestleMania XXXI

Best John Cena's U.S Open Challenge: vs. Cesaro on the July 6th episode of Raw

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year: The Shield briefly reunite to powerbomb Randy Orton through the announce table at Payback

Breakout Star of the Year: Kevin Owens

WWE Diva of the Year: Sasha Banks

Extreme Moment of the Year: Luke Harper powerbombs Dean Ambrose through a ladder at WrestleMania XXXI I though he was dead after that.

Match of the Year: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE WHC at the Royal Rumble

The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year: Seth Rollins cashes in his MITB briefcase at WrestleMania XXXI

LOL Moment of the Year: The Bushwhackers' WWE Hall of Fame induction speech. They were great.

Now I`m not usually good at these things, so none of the above will win.

1)Tag Team of the Year:- Definitely, The New Day.

2)Hashtag of the year:- Most definitely, #Suplex City.

3)Best US Challenge match:-John Cena vs Cesaro, for sure.

4)"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Moment of the Year.

I'm laughing my ass off here, and I haven't even seen any of those. I ,think Seth addressing Johnny as Johnny Idiot would probably be it. Or Amrbose calling Seth Justin Bieber.

5)Breakout Star of the Year: Kevin Owens, undeniably.
Which idiot thought it wise to put Braun Strowman as an eligible candidate?

6)The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year. Seth Rollins or Brock Lesnar should win it. They might/could give it to Kalisto, though.

7)Surprise Return of the Year. IMO, Sting deserves it. But most likely, it'll be given to Del Rio.

8)Double-Cross of the Year:- Either Randy Orton or Damien Mizdow.

9)Rivalry of the Year:- Most of the choices feel more like midcard/mediocre rivalries and not really good enough to be ROTY contenders. Nonetheless, like Joe said, I'd like to go with Taker-Brock and that's not even a choice, is it?

10)"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year:- The Shield powerbombing Orton, or Orton countering the Curb Stomp into an RKO.

11)Superstar of the Year..Oh Well, Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns for sure. God forbid them giving it to Sheamus or Rusev.

IDC about any of these expect the miz & mizdow commercial that was pure gold i legit LOL'ed for that.

I'm unconcerned about the rest of the awards. I hope Sandow wins the double cross award just so I can see him on TV for once. How long has it really been?

It's that time of year again when WWE essentially wastes three hours on Monday giving out awards that WWE itself doesn't consider relevant. The Slammy Awards have always been pretty hit or miss with the shows usually being a dull drag or, occasionally, being quite an entertaining one. At any rate, the awards & nominees for this year are:

Superstar of the Year: For the first time, open to every wrestler on the main roster.

Rivalry of the Year:
John Cena vs. Rusev
Roman Reigns vs. Bray Wyatt
Team PCB vs. Team BAD vs. Team Bella

Jon Stewart costs John Cena the WWE United States Championship at SummerSlam
Paige attacks Becky Lynch and Charlotte on the October 26th episode of Raw
Stardust turns on Goldust on the February 16th episode of Raw
Randy Orton turns on Seth Rollins on the March 9th episode of Raw

Chris Jericho teaming with Ambrose & Reigns at Night of Champions
Sting returns and attacks Seth Rollins on the August 24th episode of Raw
Alberto Del Rio & Zeb Coulter return at Hell in a Cell
Demon Kane returns at Night of Champions

Breaking Ground
Table For 3
Stone Cold Podcast
WWE 24
Swerved

Tag Team of the Year:
The New Day
The Usos
The Prime Time Players
The Lucha Dragons
Tyson Kidd and Cesaro

Hashtag of the Year:
#GiveDivasAChance
#SaveTheTables
#AxelMania
#RKOOUTTANOWHERE
#SuplexCity

Stephen Amell dives onto Stardust at SummerSlam
The cast of Entourage introduces Zack Ryder on the May 25th episode of Raw
Machine Gun Kelly gets powerbombed by Kevin Owens on the June 15th episode of Raw
Jon Stewart's involvement in the Rollins vs. Cena match at SummerSlam
Wayne Rooney slaps King Barrett on the November 9th episode of Raw

Dean Ambrose calls Seth Rollins Justin Bieber on the May 25th episode of Raw
Seth Rollins disses Kane on the April 6th episode of Raw
Seth Rollins calls Johnny Manziel Johnny Idiot Face on the June 15th episode of Raw

vs. Dolph Ziggler on the October 12th episode of Raw
vs. Neville on the May 11th episode of Raw
vs. Sami Zayn on the May 4th episode of Raw
vs. Dean Ambrose on the March 30th episode of Raw

The Rock and Ronda Rousey attack Triple H and Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania XXXI
The Shield briefly reunite to powerbomb Randy Orton through the announce table at Payback
Randy Orton counters Seth Rollins' Curb Stomp into an RKO at WrestleMania XXXI
Brock Lesnar destroys J&J Security's car on the July 6th episode of Raw

Kevin Owens
Charlotte
Neville
Tyler Breeze
Braun Strowman

WWE Diva of the Year:
Paige
Nikki Bella
Charlotte
Sasha Banks
Naomi

Luke Harper powerbombs Dean Ambrose through a ladder at WrestleMania XXXI
Seth Rollins breaks John Cena's nose on the July 27th episode of Raw
Roman Reigns post TLC match assault at the TLC ppv
Neville dives off a ladder onto several other wrestlers on the June 11th episode of SmackDown

Match of the Year:
Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE WHC at the Royal Rumble
Sting vs. Triple H at WrestleMania XXXI
Roman Reigns vs. Dean Ambrose vs. Dolph Ziggler vs. Kevin Owens on the October 26th episode of Raw.
The Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar at Hell in a Cell

Brock Lesnar's rampage on the March 30th episode of Raw
Kalisto hits Jey Uso with Salida del Sol at TLC
The Wyatt Family attack and carry out the Undertaker at Hell in a Cell
Sheamus cashes in his MITB briefcase at Survivor Series

LOL Moment of the Year:
Edge & Christian bring back the kazoo on the September 7th episode of Raw
The Bushwhackers' WWE Hall of Fame induction speech
The Miz and Damien Mizdow's erectile dysfunction commercial on the March 2nd episode of Raw
The New Day get Triple H and Stephanie McMahon to dance on the September 14th episode of Raw
R-Truth mistakenly believes he's in the MITB ladder match on the June 8th episode of Raw

I'm guessing that at least half of these will be announced on WWE.com rather than the broadcast and there are quite a few that I don't see anyone really giving a crap about like the Hashtag, Celebrity Moment, Tell Me I didn't Just See That, the LOL and Best Original WWE Network Show awards.

As for Superstar of the Year, Reigns got it last year and essentially proved that it was rigged because he was getting booed out of the building at this time last year, but I'd say he'll get it again this year.

Double-Cross of the Year will go to Stewart screwing over Cena and I think that's the only real reason the category even exists.

Surprise Return of the Year should genuinely go to either Del Rio or the Dudley Boyz.

Tag Team of the Year should most definitely go to New Day.

Best John Cena U.S. Open Challenge is kinda tricky. But for what I thought was the best match, I have to go with Cesaro as they're just able to really bring each other to another level.

"This Is Awesome" Moment of the Year will probably go to The Rock & Ronda Rousey making Trips & Steph look like chumps at WrestleMania.

Breakout Star of the Year should definitely go to Kevin Owens as he's the only one on the list, aside from Charlotte, that's had a truly banner year on the main roster so far.

WWE Diva of the Year is pretty wide open. When you go strictly by kayfabe, Nikki Bella should get it. Going by sheer popularity, I could see it going to either Paige or Sasha Banks. Going by storyline progression, I could see them giving it to Charlotte as part of her continued heel turn.

Extreme Moment of the Year will probably go to Rollins breaking Cena's nose or Taker & Lesnar brawling as both generated so much buzz.

Match of the Year may go to Sting vs. Triple H for nostalgic purposes, I thought it was pretty lousy myself but I seem to be a minority. There were better matches than those nominated, in my opinion anyway, but of those listed, I'd have to give it to Lesnar vs. Cena vs. Rollins.

The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year has to be Rollins cashing in at WrestleMania as it'll be the cash in that all other cash ins are measured against in years to come.

The Hero in All of Us Award is something I have no idea about. I don't know if it's some sort of fan award that'll be given to a special fan or what.

This list is only about what i want..... Nowhere near to what will happen though! :shrug:

1. Superstar of the Year - Seth Rollins
2. Rivalry of the Year - Bray Wyatt VS Roman Reigns
3. Double-Cross of the Year - Paige attacks Becky Lynch & Charlotte
4. Surprise Return of the Year - Jericho
5. Best Original WWE Network Show - Stone Cold Podcast
6. Tag Team of the Year - Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
7. Hashtag of the Year - #SuplexCity
8. Celebrity Moment - Amell attacks Stardust on Raw and asks Triple H for a match
9. Tell me you didnot say that - A tie between Ambrose saying "Bieber" and Paige spoiling Charlotte's celebration
10. Best John Cena Open Challenge - Cesaro :rolleyes:
11. Awesome Moment - Rock and Ronda Rousey!
12. Breakout Star - Kevin Owens
13. Diva of the Year - Paige
14. Extreme Moment- Harper powerbombs Ambrose
15. Match of the Year - WWE WHC match at Royal Rumble
16. OMG Shocking Moment- Kalisto's one
17. Lol Moment- New Day makes HHH dance
Too many :shrug:

Superstar of the Year: Rollins he's been on point and on fire all year long. Great promo artist and wrestler.

Rivalry of the Year: None of them impressed me enough.

Double-Cross of the Year: Out of all of them this is the best. Jon Stewart costs John Cena the WWE United States Championship at SummerSlam

Surprise Return of the Year: Yea unfortunately this is it. Alberto Del Rio & Zeb Coulter return at Hell in a Cell

Best Original WWE Network Show: Podcast for me, followed closely by Table for 3.

Tag Team of the Year: The New Day by a mile.

Hashtag of the Year: who cares

Celebrity Moment of the Year: Machine Gun Kelly gets powerbombed by Kevin Owens on the June 15th episode of Raw We were all waiting for it.

"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Moment of the Year: My son a the T shirt. Brock Lesnar coins Suplex City at WrestleMania XXXI

Best John Cena's U.S Open Challenge: vs. Cesaro on the July 6th episode of Raw

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year: The Shield briefly reunite to powerbomb Randy Orton through the announce table at Payback

WWE Diva of the Year: Sasha Banks

Extreme Moment of the Year: Luke Harper powerbombs Dean Ambrose through a ladder at WrestleMania XXXI I though he was dead after that.

Match of the Year: Brock Lesnar vs. John Cena vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE WHC at the Royal Rumble

The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year: Seth Rollins cashes in his MITB briefcase at WrestleMania XXXI

LOL Moment of the Year: The Bushwhackers' WWE Hall of Fame induction speech. They were great.

Now I`m not usually good at these things, so none of the above will win.

Yeah maybe you are not usually good at these things but you are not so bad either that none of your choices will win! :shrug:
Atleast 5 of your choices are gonna be right! :rolleyes:

1. Superstar of the Year: Seth Rollins
  2. Rivalry of the Year: Roman Reigns vs Bray Wyatt
  3. Double-Cross of the Year: Jon Stewart costs John Cena the WWE United States Championship at SummerSlam
  4. Surprise Return of the Year: Sting returns and attacks Seth Rollins on the August 24th episode of Raw
  5. Best Original WWE Network Show: Sorry I don't watch any of these Network shows, but I heard the Table for 3 is a good one.
  6. Tag Team of the Year: The New Day
  7. Hashtag of the Year: #GiveDivasAChance
  8. Celebrity Moment of the Year: Machine Gun Kelly gets powerbombed by Kevin Owens on the June 15th episode of Raw
  9. "Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Moment of the Year: Brock Lesnar coins Suplex City at WrestleMania XXXI
  10. Best John Cena's U.S Open Challenge: vs. Sami Zayn on the May 4th episode of Raw
  11. "This is Awesome" Moment of the Year: Randy Orton counters Seth Rollins' Curb Stomp into an RKO at WrestleMania XXXI
  12. Breakout Star of the Year: Kevin Owens
  13. WWE Diva of the Year: Nikki Bella
  14. Extreme Moment of the Year: The Undertaker & Brock Lesnar brawl on the July 20th episode of Raw
  15. Match of the Year: John Cena vs. Kevin Owens at Elimination Chamber
  16. The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year: Seth Rollins cashes in his MITB briefcase at WrestleMania XXXI
  17. LOL Moment of the Year: Edge & Christian bring back the kazoo on the September 7th episode of Raw

2. Rivalry of the Year: SHOULD BE John Cena vs Rusev. WILL BE Bray Wyatt vs Roman Reigns.
3. Double Cross of the Year: Jon Stewart screw John Cena
4. Surprise Return of the Year: The Dudley Boys
5. Best Original Network Show: Austin Podcast
6. Tag Team of the Year: NEW DAY
7. Hashtag of the Year: RKO Outta Nowhere!
8. Celebrity Moment of the Year: Amell at Summerslam
9. "Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" of the Year: Suplex City
10. Best John Cena Open Challenge: Cesaro
11. "This is Awesome" Moment of the Year: Shield re-unite for one night only
12. Break-Out Star of the Year: Kevin Owens
13. Diva of the Year: Nikki Bella
14. Extreme Moment of the Year: Harper powerbombs Ambrose through a ladder
15. Match of the Year: John Cena vs Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar
16. OMG Moment: Seth Rollins cash-in
17. LOL Moment: R-Truth

Um, the real superstar of the year was probably Cena. His US Open Challenge was pretty special in the grand scheme. Others that could/should win: Lesnar, Taker for having his first multi match year in a long time, Reigns, who has produced very high quality matches all year, and MAYBE Wyatt, since he's been in some high profile stuff and he's on his way to a push right now.
Rivalry of the Year:
I gotta go with this rivalry out of the choices...but Taker v. Lesnar and Cena v. Owens were the best rivalries of the year for me.

This is where I'll give Sandow his due. He was getting himself over with the Mizdow thing, and he did a pretty good job with poor creative. I think from the choices, this one is the most fun.

But from a mainstream media approach, it's probably going to be Stewart, which is meh.

This is the one that really got me excited, at least for a single episode. Their music and entrance again, all of that was pretty great.

Breaking Ground
I think that this is definitely their breakout show. Following the NXT folks, showing rookies AND vets, vaguely mentioning the Indy feds, etc., all fits into this neat narrative. I feel like it's the best produced show on the Network.

Tag Team of the Year:
The New Day
Don't you be sour, but this is pretty obvious, right?

Hashtag of the Year:
#SuplexCity
I really wanted to pick #givedivsasachance, but, this was SUCH a big thing when it happened, it's hard to pick anything else.

My celebrity moment was the celebrity taking a bump. Not the celebrity hitting Cena. But I doubt that I'm right.

If this was a real award show, and not a kayfabe booking opportunity, this is what I would think would win. I wouldn't be surprised for this to be one of the options involving Rollins, since we haven't heard about or from him since he got hurt. OR, if WWE is intentionally not mentioning him, then this might win.

Of the choices, Cesaro is the better wrestler, and has had the better matches with Cena. This is the winner.

Really, this is the one that I marked the most for, and went back on DVR to watch again.

Kevin Owens
This is obvious. Clean pinned the top guy in the company. Held the IC for several months.

WWE Diva of the Year:

Nikki Bella
This is my pick for Diva of the year, because she broke the record and had a really great year with decent Divas matches. However, like it's been said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Charlotte get it to push the heel gimmick.

From the choices, I'll take this option. It felt real and great, and I popped hard for Taker. That being said, the Uso/Kalisto bump with the Salida Del Sol onto the ladder is EASILY the extreme moment of the year.

Match of the Year:
This might be my favorite match of the year, the only thing that was bad about it was that they tried to replicate and outdo it at the MitB? Whichever PPV was next, and it sort of stole some of the thunder.

This was the SHOCKING moment of the year, sort of, but I think that most people knew it was coming. I think Rollins winning by pinning Reigns was the real shock. Also, the Jey Uso and Kalisto spot doesn't belong in this category, but whatever. I hope that they get recognized for it.

LOL Moment of the Year:
This one really has me wondering, does HHH get himself over with New Day, or does R-Truth win a slammy? Hopefully R-Truth, except, that would have been a really fun gimmick to run with for several months.

I don't know what this means, so, I'm assuming it's a fan award or something.

Too bad they won't admit it happened, but Tell me you did not just say that, is definitely Paige mentioning Reid Flair.

Superstar of the Year should be Seth, he held the title for most of the year and really made a name for himself

Rivarly Ya, Roman vs Wyatt, because WWE is running it, so ROMAN ROMAN ROMAN.

Double Cross - Stewart vs Cena, nobody saw it coming until Stewart messed up and targetted Cena too early, but it was still a good swerve

Surprise Return, Dudleyz, didnt expect it, Bubba was still on TNA Taped episodes the same week he appeared

Best Original Network Show - I have to say Breaking Ground, I didn't originally care for it, but I've watched it and it gives such a great prespective behind the scenes, and they don't hide behind Kayfabe as much as I expected them to.

Tag Team - New Day, nobody comes close.

Hashtag of the year: #FuckTwitter

Celebrity Moment: John Stewart, only celebrity I cared about

Tell me you did not just say that: Paige and Charlotte, but it's the wrong moment, because WWE has no balls.

Best John Cena US match: Sami Zayn, I'm probably poisoned by them reshashing it over and over again on nXt though.

Breakout Star: Charlotte, Ric's still backstage politicing the shit out of WWE.

Diva of the year: I hate to say it, Nikki, but they'll give it to Paige probably because Nikkis been out for a few months.

Extreme Moment: WWE will make it ROMAN ROMAN ROMAN, doing an average Elbow drop and a spear on Trips, but I'd probably go with Cena getting his nose busted, A spot we'd see a dozen times on free TV 15 years ago, will be "Extreme" today.

Match of the Year - I have to do a write in, the Triple Tag Ladder match from TLC blows everything else away this year. (How the hell is Taker vs Brock HIAC there...? They just did their finishing moves 3 times, 1 cell spot, then an F5 that missed the open wood and landed him on the mat)

OMG moment is Kalisto at TLC, I almost had to look away when I realized what he was doing because there's way too much that could of gone wrong with it.

LOL moment: None of them made me laugh, so I'm abstaining.

Superstar of the Year: Seth Rollins

Rivalry of the Year: Seth Rollins vs. Randy Orton (bad choices)

Double-Cross of the Year: Randy Orton turns on Seth Rollins

Surprise Return of the Year: Dudley Boys Return

Best Original WWE Network Show: Stone Cold Podcast

Tag Team of the Year: New Day

Hashtag of the Year: #SaveTheTables

Celebrity Moment of the Year: MGK gets Powerbombed by Kevin Owens

"Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" Moment of the Year: Brock Lesnar (Suplex City)

Best John Cena's US. Open Challenge: vs. Cesaro

"This is Awesome" Moment of the Year: The Shield Powerbomb Randy Orton through announce table.

Diva of the Year: Nikki Bella

Extreme Moment of the Year: Seth Rollins breaks Cena's nose

Match of the Year: John Cena vs. Kevin Owens

The OMG Shocking Moment of the Year: Seth Rollins cashes-in MITB

LOL Moment of the Year: R-Truth thinks he's in MITB

Hopefully the voting is rigged, the fans never vote for who deserves to win.

Very easy:
Superstar of the year - Roman Reigns
Rivalry - Cena vs Rusev
Double Cross - Jon Stewart
Surprise Return - Dudleys
WWE Network show - Stone Cold Podcast
Tag Team - New Day
Hashtag - Suplex City
Celebrity - Stephen Amell
Tell me - Paige
John Cena Award - vs Sami Zayn
This is awesome - Lesnar destroys J&J Security
Breakout Star - Kevin Owens
Diva - Charlotte
Extreme Moment - Seth Rollins
Match of the year - Taker vs lesnar
OMG moment - Seth Rollins
LOL moment - Miz's commercial

2. Rivalry of the Year: SHoukd be John Cena vs. Kevin Owens but I'll go with Rollins/Orton
3. Double Cross of the Year: Mizdow/Miz
4. Surprise Return of the Year: The Dudley Boys
5. Best Original Network Show: Breaking Ground
6. Tag Team of the Year: NEW DAY
7. Hashtag of the Year: GiveDivasAChance
8. Celebrity Moment of the Year: Machine Gun Kelly and Kevin Owens
9. "Tell Me You Didn't Just Say That" of the Year: Paige promo on Charlotte
10. Best John Cena Open Challenge: Sami Zayn
11. "This is Awesome" Moment of the Year: Orton and Rollins RKO
12. Break-Out Star of the Year: Kevin Owens
13. Diva of the Year: Sasha Banks
14. Extreme Moment of the Year: Harper powerbombs Ambrose through a ladder
15. Match of the Year: John Cena vs Seth Rollins vs Brock Lesnar but I'd actually go with Sasha and Bailey Iron Man match
16. OMG Moment: Seth Rollins cash-in
17. LOL Moment: Bushwhackers

I think I seen that one of the categories being done by fan voting is the superstar of the year??? This is a BAD IDEA AND VERY DANGEROUS. Superstar of the year is the biggest award. In election voting there is a reason you have to be 18 to vote. You can't trust the most important things to children or not capable of voting. It works the same way with superstar of the year. You'll have millions voting for DBry, who can't wrestle, or the rock cause he funny. Opening th whole roster to the public will backfired. Wait and see!!!!

Since I can under this ridiculous format I'm voting for King Barrett!!!!
Even though cena or Rollins deserves it!!

Doesn't matter dude, Superstar of the Year is always rigged. You seriously think people voted for Roman Reigns to win it last year after he had been out for 4 months with an injury?

I think I seen that one of the categories being done by fan voting is the superstar of the year??? This is a BAD IDEA AND VERY DANGEROUS. Superstar of the year is the biggest award. In election voting there is a reason you have to be 18 to vote. You can't trust the most important things to children or not capable of voting. It works the same way with superstar of the year. You'll have millions voting for DBry, who can't wrestle, or the rock cause he funny. Opening th whole roster to the public will backfired. Wait and see!!!!

Since I can under this ridiculous format I'm voting for King Barrett!!!!
Even though cena or Rollins deserves it!!

Barrett himself has addressed this... "Go home WWE, You're Drunk..."

Pretty much sums it up.

The problem is the Slammy's are a fictional award ceremony for a soap opera set in a wrestling promotion. They are not true awards and thus have no real substance, fan voted or not.

Even back in the day of the Apter mags, which were semi Kayfabed, the most real part was the awards and the PWI 500 as it was the one time they legit looked at talent and rated them. The Slammy's were always an excuse for Vince to goof off, wheel out Ric Flair again and to embarrass talent rather than actually go legit. Then he tried to make it a feature of RAW and it's the one episode of the year everyone says "nah, not bothered", that's probably more why Roman won last week, to try and stop this week being the titianic of ratings.

There's no real solution until WWE starts trying to be a WRESTLING promotion again... if they do so, then the Slammy's could have merit... other than that, it's obvious Roman will win this year, or Rollins at a push (like he needs that albatross round his neck)... if there was real justice, you'd probably in all fairness give it to Kevin Owens... but again, anyone of substance, it's the kiss of death on their careers.

Doesn't matter dude, Superstar of the Year is always rigged. You seriously think people voted for Roman Reigns to win it last year after he had been out for 4 months with an injury?

I've heard from loads of resources that Vince McMahon doesn't fancy the voting to be rigged. And I also heard it was legitimate last year. And you should know, the hatred for Roman Reigns became huge only after he returned from his injury. I'm not sure to what extent this is true.

But this year, there certainly is a problem due to the open choice system. Maybe WWE should've named that award as the Most Favourite Superstar of the Year instead. That would've make much sense if Daniel Bryan or King Barrett or whomsoever wins that open contest!

Whenever I watch the Slammy's I get the impression the WWE is telling us, "This is who you should have voted for and who we want you to like". There is no way that Reigns should have won Superstar of the Year last year, and he shouldn't win it again this year. I like the guy but quite honestly he's just not better than some of the other contenders.

Rollins or Owens should win it, if the truth be told. Rollins broke away from the Shield and made his own mark in the industry. Owens enough said. The guy debuted against Cena and beat him. No one has done that for a long time. Del Rio doesn't count, because he was a WHC before. Add to that Owens had managed to stay up there and not let himself be dropped back into the quagmire of the lower midcard, like Rusev has.

I would even vote for New Day to win it. They started with a crappy gimmick, took it, shook it and made it work for them. New Day is one of the best parts of RAW when they're out there.

So yea this will kind of be a disaster like it normally is, everyone will be complaining the next day who won and who didn't, I will most likely be one of them. But we all know deep down this is utter shit and not really worth our time.

I've heard from loads of resources that Vince McMahon doesn't fancy the voting to be rigged. And I also heard it was legitimate last year. And you should know, the hatred for Roman Reigns became huge only after he returned from his injury. I'm not sure to what extent this is true.

But this year, there certainly is a problem due to the open choice system. Maybe WWE should've named that award as the Most Favourite Superstar of the Year instead. That would've make much sense if Daniel Bryan or King Barrett or whomsoever wins that open contest!

No it had started when he got injured last year. You could hear the booing when he was supposed to be live via satellite. I don't know exactly when the fans started to turn but even the most ardent Roman Reigns supporters said he shouldn't have won, he really did nothing to win that award last year.

Even if the poll is rigged (which i highly doubt), WWE is only a scripted show, this is like South Park will make it's own Awards episode, where fictional characters get awards for the scrips writers did for them. Nobody (except for die hard fans) really cares about these awards, since they don't mean jack in reality. If anything Slammys is a good opportunity for WWE to see where their work was done right, where don't, and who can be RR winner to satisfy the fans. WWE Slammys =/= Oscars.

No it had started when he got injured last year. You could hear the booing when he was supposed to be live via satellite. I don't know exactly when the fans started to turn but even the most ardent Roman Reigns supporters said he shouldn't have won, he really did nothing to win that award last year.

This is so much true and I'll corroborate with that. But I reckon the booing started off when he had a series of PPV matches against the Big Show. He had a decent amount of pop against Daniel Bryan in that #1Contender match at Fast lane. That match was entertaining and it didn't look like DB carried him through out that match. It somehow sort of exaggerated at the Royal Rumble. Anyhow talking about the Superstar of the year, I had read many reports stating that it was legit that he topped the poll chart. I read that on Wrestlezone main page as well if I remember correctly.

This is so much true and I'll corroborate with that. But I reckon the booing started off when he had a series of PPV matches against the Big Show. He had a decent amount of pop against Daniel Bryan in that #1Contender match at Fast lane. That match was entertaining and it didn't look like DB carried him through out that match. It somehow sort of exaggerated at the Royal Rumble. Anyhow talking about the Superstar of the year, I had read many reports stating that it was legit that he topped the poll chart. I read that on Wrestlezone main page as well if I remember correctly.

But didn't his good match with Big Show the Last Man Standing match and the match at Fastlane happen after he won the Slammy. He was the number one contender going into Fastlane wasn't he and had to fight to keep that right. With so many PPV's happening they kind of all run into themselves after a while.

And if I'm not mistaken he was recovering from the operation the night he won the Slammy. He wasn't actively wrestling, he didn't come back until the end of that month. That's why a lot of people where saying he didn't do anything to really deserve it, and they were pissed off. I don't see him winning this year it should go to Rollins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back