Who wins?

• Mr. Anderson

• Sting

Results are only viewable after voting.

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
247885_10150189897781026_31695961025_7132066_6376541_n.jpg

All discussion here.

Although I don't think he should, I think Anderson wins. Impact wants Anderson to be the guy, Anderson is there John Cena. I think they want to put the belt on him at one of there big PPVs.

IMO I think Sting SHOULD win and Anderson should finally join Immortal. I see more potential in him as a heel and Immortal needs a main event player.

First I'd like to say I LOVE what impact wrestling did with the place. It really looks good. As for the match Anderson winning would be better for the company. I can't lie I was gonna mark out for the old sting. Good swerve but they shoulda had Anderson come out first.

sting will win this. i think sting will hold onto the world title until bound for glory since there planning on having sting vs hulk at tnas biggest ppv of the year.

Although I don't think he should, I think Anderson wins. Impact wants Anderson to be the guy, Anderson is there John Cena. I think they want to put the belt on him at one of there big PPVs.

IMO I think Sting SHOULD win and Anderson should finally join Immortal. I see more potential in him as a heel and Immortal needs a main event player.

This makes sense. It wouldn't be a huge swerve seeing as he's been 'tapped up' for a while now but would change the structure of Impact in a significant way as
A) it means Immortal finally have someone credible to replace Jeff Hardy as their ME guy and
B) it mixes up the ME scene IF Anderson wins and Angle beats Jarrett.

Plus this RVD/Sting/Anderson triangle has gone on long enough for now in that no-one can criticise them for suddenly ending it as RVD had his shot against Sting and now it's Anderson's turn.

I have to get this out of the way first because it's annoying the hell out of me. Anderson is NOT going to join Immortal. They teased it on the road to Lockdown and they had Anderson pretend to join Immortal and then swerve Hogan and make him look like an idiot. That angle is OVER.

As for this match, I think Anderson definitely wins here. He's arguably the hottest star in TNA right now besides AJ, and I think Sting is the perfect guy and Slammiversary is the perfect show to put Anderson over. I like this a lot because Anderson winning here would mean a lot and it would almost signify the end of the old TNA (Sting, JJ, etc.) and ring in the new era (Anderson, Fortune, Morgan, etc.) of TNA or Impact Wrestling.

This won't be a 5-star classic or anything, but I know and believe Sting and Anderson can put on a solid match. Sting will put Anderson over like a champ here, even if Anderson doesn't win. This is the perfect opportunity for Sting to drop the belt though, so they really need to pull the trigger here and let Anderson win here.

Anderson wins and moves on to face Kurt probably. Hopefully that will be a brief program, or else we are really getting into the overkill area.

i think anderson will win it clean (no heel turn) and keep it for a decent amount of time. BTW if they do have sting vs hogan, it won't be for a title. I think they realize that is a big enough match without a title being on the line (and it would be counterproductive to have a 60 year old face a 50 year old for the biggest belt in the company).

I have to get this out of the way first because it's annoying the hell out of me. Anderson is NOT going to join Immortal. They teased it on the road to Lockdown and they had Anderson pretend to join Immortal and then swerve Hogan and make him look like an idiot. That angle is OVER.

Anderson could easily join Immortal. Stone Cold went from warring against Vince McMahon one year in 1999 to being allied with him in 2000. In May of 1998, just months after the epic Hogan/Sting showdown at Starrcade, Hogan was still trying to recruit Sting to join the nWo.

The transition would be even more logical for Anderson considering he's never been a full-blown hero the way Austin or Sting were. The last Impact made it seem he'll be either a very bad tweener or just the total heel in this feud with Sting. So is it a stretch at all for a guy who's desperate to become the champion and has shown all kinds of backhanded tactics already to stop at nothing, including joining Hogan?

Remember, last time around was Hogan trying to strong-arm Anderson into joining the faction and Anderson stayed true to his character and refused to dance. This time around it could be Anderson who initiates things and can claim he joined Immortal "on his terms." There's no conflict at all. Hogan's going to be so delighted to have finally won Anderson over that he's not going to give a crap about the past.

I don't like Anderson at all, but he has to win this. TNA has been building him up for months, and if he doesn't win the gold at Slammiversary, then I think this whole feud will begin to reach the point of overkill. Anderson has constantly reminded us of how bad he wants his "freakin' rematch!" Well, he finally has it now, and I'm sure TNA will put the strap on him.

This could be a decent match, but I'm not expecting too much from these two. I hope this one can end in a clean finish, because I don't think Anderson needs to be screwed again.

Soooo, is Anderson a heel now? Completely? Seems that way to me.

If so, I'm guessing Sting goes over. Personally, I like Sting holding the title, and I'm hoping he goes through a few more challengers before dropping it to someone like A.J. Styles or Kurt Angle.

TNA, for some odd reason, is really high on Ken Anderson. I don't see it, never have. The appeal escapes me. However, the reality is what it is.

I have no prediction here, never really do, so I can see this going either way. Actually, I can see it going several ways. Sting wins clean, Anderson wins clean, match ends in a non-clean fashion, etc. I'm just hoping this goes longer than 10 minutes.

After what happened between Anderson & Eric Young last night on Impact Wrestling, I don't look for Anderson to walk away with the title at Slammiversary.

Anderson jobbed out last night, almost 100% cleanly I might add, in a 4 minute comedy match to TNA's version of Santino Marella. Whatever momentum Anderson had going into this thing with Sting just seems completely lost. It's just hard to take anyone seriously that loses to Eric Young these days.

Now just in case someone decides to bring up the thing with Santion & Sheamus in the WWE late last summer and do some sort of comparison, there were a few HUGELY relevant differences:

1. Sheamus dominated Santino and only lost due to blatant outside interference from John Morrison. Eric Young was holding his own with Anderson and Gunner's interference amounted to only a minor distraction of the referee. Anderson came off looking as though he needed help to win.

2. When Sheamus lost to Santino, he wasn't the #1 contender for a World Championship. Anderson, on the other hand, is the current #! contender for the TNA WHC with a big match against Sting coming up at a ppv slightly more than a week from now. It's hard to take Anderson seriously, at least for me, as #1 contender for the top title in TNA against one of the biggest stars in pro wrestling history when he jobs out to the likes of Eric Young before the ppv. There's only one episode left before the ppv and I highly doubt a week is enough for Anderson to get his heat back.

I think Sting should retain at Slammiversary. If the intention is to put the strap on Anderson, put it off and let the aftermath of such a boneheaded booking decision fade away.

I'd like to see Mr. Anderson win the Championship from Sting, with help from Immortal and finally join them. Then go on and feud with Kurt Angle.

I wouldn't mind if Sting won though.

I absolutely cannot stand Mr. Anderson at this point in time. I'm a Sting fan, but the guy is long past being capable of working a good match. So suffice to say, this looks to be a terrible match in my humble opinion, much like most of Sting's matches these days. Anderson has become especially unmotivated recently as well. I could see them giving Sting the title on one hand, but I think they might want to try Sting-Angle one more time after this so I'll say the Stever retains.

I'm not as excited for this as I would have been a few months ago because TNA/Impact Wrestling is capable of giving us a better main event than this. I want Anderson to win but I just don't see it happening. It will likely close the show with Sting still champion. At least the next challenger will be either Angle or Jarrett instead.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Sting will retain the TNA World Heavyweight Championship

As soon as the title match came on before Angle/Jarrett, I think everyone knew Anderson was walking out with the title. It's usually the norm that WWE and TNA like to send their fans home happy. And then Anderson came out and stated that he guraentees he's waking out the champ blah blah, it's kind of annoying...

Having a tweener take the belt from Sting before his missioon against HOgan/Bischoff is finished also is a bit weak... Sting finally had a great promo against HOgan on Impact last week, it would have been great to keep that going...

I can't say that I'm overly excited about Anderson being champ. I just think he's generally been booked to come across as extremely weak over the past month or so and it made for a lackluster title change in my view. Like I said in an earlier post, it's hard for me to take a guy seriously as TNA World Heavyweight Champion when he jobs out to Eric Young a week & a half before the ppv. At this point, it'd be like R-Truth losing to Hornswoggle.

I like Sting, always have, but it's true that the title needed to be taken off him. His time as champ this time around has been marked with subpar title & main event matches and his feud with Anderson devolved from an intense rivalry to something kind of silly.

Anderson's first title run was marked with mediocrity and the stigma of a transitional reign. Let's hope TNA gets on the right track here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back