• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Slammiversary: Awesome Kong's Open Challenge

Y 2 Jake

Slightly Autistic
AWESOME KONG'S OPEN CHALLENGE
Can anyone beat the Women's Champion for $25,000?

I'm intrigued. But This will fail miserably. It will go one of tow ways. One Kong will win, the other she'll lose. If she loses to a new wrestler, without any build up. Then it'll ruin all the hard work that TNA have put into making her look strong. If she loses, then the newer wrestler really has nowhere left to go. Not that would be fine if it's a one off deal. But from what I've heard it won't be. Also with the female talent that they have at their disposal you'd think they' just make a feud for Kong.

This is such a disappointing direction for T.N.A.. you'd almost think they hired whomever was released from writing for the W.W.E. Divas about 3-4 monthes ago. I mean, this is pathetic, as Jake mentioned.. you have a ton of talent at your disposal and instead you opt to continue using indy girls that don't look strong at all, but instead job within a matter of minutes, all while Kong somehow doesn't gain anything but instead likely loses everything even in victory.

You know, I'm almost sure Chris Masters is the head of the Knockout's Division in T.N.A. now. I bet he sat in their meeting room and said.. "Lets run a fan challenge for Kong, because it got me over for about 2 years."

Personally, I'm eagerly awaiting when Raisha Saeed turns on, or gets put against Kong. Now that'll be a match worth watching. Until then, I assume from here we'll see Roxxi get a run, then back to Kim, or O.D.B.. outside of that, who do you have left, Tracy Brooks? Doubtful.

How about this for a one off idea. Kong's open challenge accepted by Cheerleader Melissa. Yeah you heard right. Cheerleader Melissa. I know she's Raisha Saeed. But that shouldn't make a difference. She can still cut the pre match promo, then have another woman put on the clothes. Hey presto. Only the smart fans will no. It'll be a nice little in joke that TNA seem to be so keen on doing.

How about this for a one off idea. Kong's open challenge accepted by Cheerleader Melissa. Yeah you heard right. Cheerleader Melissa. I know she's Raisha Saeed. But that shouldn't make a difference. She can still cut the pre match promo, then have another woman put on the clothes. Hey presto. Only the smart fans will no. It'll be a nice little in joke that TNA seem to be so keen on doing.

Jake, you are a genius! Because of this very idea I doubt they'll do it. I can't see them being that smart, honestly. I mean chances are I see it being Ms. Brooks coming out from the back saying she isn't one of those "push-overs" from the crowd, then she gets taken out as quickly as she came in.

I truly and honestly hope you're onto something though, and I was originally thinking they could swerve with the angle that Cheerleader Melissa accepted the challenge, then have Saeed "banned" from Ringside at the request of Melissa. (Oh, the irony)

Knowing T.N.A., if Melissa ever became herself and won the title.. what are the odds someone on their creative team would come up with Melissa v. Saeed.. then have to be reminded why that won't happen anytime soon. :lmao:

I look at this as TNA's way of maybe establishing a new talent, because whomever beats kong in this challenge will receive a big momentum push, and I'm assuming that this new talent will end up in a long term feud with kong over the title.

I don't think that Kong losing this match, especially if it looks like she barely lost, would hurt her credibility. She lost to Gail before winning the title, and the defeat didn't seem to kill her momentum once she became the champ. Kong as already established herself as a dominant force, It would seem pointless to build her up to look unstoppable and not have her transfer the momentum to someone else (That's what didn't happen in Chyna's case) I'm sure Kong will manage if someone beats her (especially if she loses in this type of setting) odds are Kong will end up right back in the title hunt

I have my fingers crossed on a Sarah Stock debut with the company, but odds are Shantelle Taylor will be Kong's opponent

Im unsure what to think of this whole Kong v Fans thing. I mean I know they aint got anyone for her to feud with so they are doing this which I will admit is really giving Kong a strong presence but come one theres only a certain amount of times on iMPACT you can watch Kong awesome bomb someone into next week. And on PPV? what a waste of time! I think for this to be on PPV someone has to beat her, I mean I geuss it would get that wrestler a great load of respect and possibily get them over straight away depending on who it is. If not then pointless and not worth paying money for! So we shall wait and see. My guess is that Kong will loose.

Hey the Masterlock Challenge was over. It even elevated that guy, what's his name? Lashley that's it. Oh no wait he was over anyway. So what exactly was the point of that whole series? It's point was to get over somebody who didn't have a personality, and wouldn't have gotten over any other way. It failed. And Kong is already over, and she has a manager, so this was pointless. There are plenty of talented indy girls out there who could have quality matches with her. Or what they could do is just have Kong feud with Roxxi. Although I no longer see it happening, I suspect we'll be seeing a Kong/Super Eric feud. Dear God.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back