• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Skip Sheffield tweets - Return of Nexus?

TheInfamousOne

The One And Only
A few days ago skip Sheffield tweeted the following comments:

“Sitting in a chair at a table in Sin City wondering why this ladder is in front of me? Laughing at the gossip, the Secret Power, it begins,” the first message said. “Who am I? Only time will tell, but rest assured narkboys Im not a Terminator sent to save John Connor. I also hate College Station #Fake.”

“I refuse to type it yyywid is fake, accept n forget. My life my rules. Born n raised in Sin City, soon a psycho will be unleashed. #Patience,”

They were soon deleted. He makes reference to the Ryback Gimmick, his billed hometown(College Station) and is Yup Yup Yup What it do catchphrase. He refers to all of this in a negative context. Then last night he texts the following tweets only to delete them shortly afterwards:

“Tweet and delete. Still sitting in a chair at a table stairing at a damn ladder. Nexus shirt and armband mysteriously back on me. #Weareone”

“16 months have passed yet the last thing I remember is meathooking D Youngs face off. YENOAU was my creation Barrett answered to me. #22″

What do you guys make of this? I for one am am a big Sheffield fan. I think he can be a full on beast if used right. I was also a HUGE Nexus mark, thinking it was a supremely wasted storyline. Any chance of this coming back?

I think a Nexus return would help Gabrial, Slater, Mccwhatevercutty, Harris, Young, Otunga, and Ryan's career.

But Barret, who could and could not be the leader, would not benifit as much.

The return is possible. But probibly wont happen.

I don't see how you get a nexus return from that. so what if he is wearing a nexus shirt. I hope nexus doesn't return. The debut was great, but after that it got bland. especially when Barret moved to smackdown, and made "The Corre"

Nexus was a great stable. Well the original one led by Barrett was. Then Young, Sheffield and Tarver all left, then Henning and Husky joined it started to lose steam for me. Finally Punks New Nexus and the writers just destroyed it.

I would love to see another incarnation. Barrett, Sheffield and Otunga would be welcome. Maybe get Seth Rollins into the group aswell. Not too bothered about beard, ginge, lard or Henning Jr though. Is Darren Young still alive?

Nexus was cool in the beginning, for about a month. After SS, it was crap.

Skip Sheffield is a guy who will get no reaction when he comes back because 90 percent of the people dont care, or even remember him. YEP YEP YEP

It would be a failure if it was brought back. Barrett is on to bigger and better things right now. With the rise of Rhodes, Ziggler, and Ryder.. Dont really see any room for a stable right now, esp so close to the rumble and WM.

Really?? I think they could very well be taken as a possible return. If Jericho tweeted "Mysteriously my arms spread wide and a countdown begins" this place would erupt with Y2J rumors. I think there is a definite chance he comes back and possibly revives the Nexus. New attitude, New members. I firmly believe he and Barrett where the stars of the group. Barrett has "outgrown" Nexus. Sheffield in a leadership role could be huge for his future.

I would love to see Nexus return. Maybe this could answer who Laurinitis has been texting. Maybe he's reforming it. I can see no better way to get a bunch of young guys over than to have them in a stable with at least one main eventer as the leader. Who is the leader though? I would hope Jericho. If the 1/2/12 promos are for Jericho, then the new new Nexus could be a good way for him to bring about destruction. It would also fit a feud with Jericho and Punk because Punk abandoned Nexus.

So he says Barrett answered to him. Maybe hes coming after Barrett or the Nexus is getting back together under Skip's leadership. People need to be patient and just wait it out sometimes instead of assuming things will once again be horrible because WWE didnt know what to do with Nexus.

At the end of each tweet he puts a # hashtag, with a phrase. Seemed to me like he was accidently or trying to trick people to believe the 1/2/2012 promos were his. It'll be funny if it was.

I think the Nexus thing has been murdered. They need to revive the tag teams, and have less stables. I don't know much about him, but the Rybeck gimmick I hear sounds silly, but today it may work. More gimmicky guys get good reaction. Plus the rosters needs some different characters.

I don't really see what any of that inane babling has to do with nexus returning. The only thing that seems to be returning is the waitress with another round of the crazy juice Skippy is drinkin'.

I also don't think that Sheffield would get over on his own, especially since he seems to be a Mason Ryan/Brodus Clay type. I've read a few criticisms that the Miz needs a bodyguard type character... maybe Miz could lead a new Nexus type. I think Wade Barrett has surpassed the need for a stable and it could set him back, but the Miz already has heat, so why not give him a posse. Miz, Sheffield, Titus, McGillicuty, and maybe even Heath Slater.

Has anyone else noticed his reference towards Sin City and staring at a ladder? Money In The Bank is being held in Las Vegas, NV this year . . . just sayin.

Actually, when I first saw the 1/2/2012 vignette, Nexus popped into my head, but I just dismissed it as wishful thinking. Nexus could have been and still could be a big deal if used correctly, especially with this new direction that the WWE is gradually moving towards. Although, I still think it's gonna be Jericho, but what if it's a package of several people with Jericho as the ring leader, or Jericho & Sheffield as his partner in crime so to speak.

Would be very cool to see Nexus return with Skip as the leader and attack Barrett for trying to hot shot the group into his stardom. Natural storyline, and could jumpstart the tag division again with revamped teams. would be more welcome now considering the other champs (Punk, DB, Ryder)

I wouldn't mind seeing a Nexus re-incarnation if it was done right, because in all honesty it was never really given the chance to really take off to heights it could have went to. Nexus actually reminded me of a proper oldschool faction with the T-shirts and the armbands.

As for Skip, don't bring him back as a face. Neither this rumored "Ryback" Terminator gimmick, sorry guys this isn't WCW 2000.

Give Nexus another chance under Skip Sheffied, the guy reminds me of a cocky meathead weightlifting monkey that could really piss off the fans.

Heres who you could have in "Nexus":

Skip Sheffield, Titus O'Niell, Johnny Curtis (the guy has talent just needs something to do rather than just being a glorified goofball) and Derrick Batemen. Hell even throw in Matt Striker as a manager.

Fuck Nexus!!! The only guy that was worthy in that group was wade barrett

Well I kind of thought Justin Gabriel had exceptional talent & well yes he was only in it for a little while but Daniel Bryan formely of Nexus...now World Heavyweight Champion. Nexus wasn't that bad, just poorly booked to put over SuperCena.

another nexus would be cool with otunga as the mouth piece, and the story could all of them going after barrett for him turning his back on each of them, of course if done right

I would welcome a return of Nexus but only if it was the original Nexus. Not that garbage "New Nexus" that Punk led. Skip could return and lead it as the Ryback character. Or Otunga could, as his lawyer character. Barrett needs to focus on his singles run right now and another stable might slow him down. As for the others I'd add.... Ryback, Otunga, Slater, Gabriel, McGillicutty, Husky, and Mason would be the roster I'd use. They would have 7 again like the original Nexus and it would incorporate guys from both versions of the stable while restarting what the group was meant to do in the first place.... Invade. Not take losses for CM Punk.

I don't see any harm in going this route since all of the former Nexus members other than Barrett are so busy right now doing absolutely nothing, it would give them something to do again. Skip and Otunga could potentially get the most out it because they would be the most likely to lead it. A face stable containing guys like Punk, Bryan, Ryder, etc could then form to face them and it would make for an excellent angle to put over guys on both sides of the face/heel spectrum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back