• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sin Cara's injury

boybrushedred

Dark Match Jobber
I've been reading a lot of comments on the articles about Cara's injury. I understand he gets hurt a lot. Like all the time. More often than not this guy is banged up. I'll admit WWE and Sin Cara haven't worked out and probably should go their separate ways.

However, why is there hate after this injury? I just don't get it. If you watch the match you can see ADR catch Sin Cara's hand with his first kick. This probably broke a couple bones in Sin Cara's hand(I know its being reported it was a dislocated finger, but I think its more serious than that.)

I actually thought Sin Cara deserved a lot of credit for going on with the match for a little and getting to a safe spot where he can call for the ref.

Lastly, ADR has injuried other wrestlers in the past and is known to be a little reckless and rough in the ring. So why is Sin Cara getting all the heat?

Can someone please help me understand?

P.s. I am a fan of ADR and not really*a fan of Sin Cara so I don't think I have a bias point of view.

Your spot on. I don't no why Del Rio was so mad when he probably caused the injury. It is sad though. Cara was not utilized correctly during his short run.

I've been reading a lot of comments on the articles about Cara's injury. I understand he gets hurt a lot. Like all the time. More often than not this guy is banged up. I'll admit WWE and Sin Cara haven't worked out and probably should go their separate ways.

However, why is there hate after this injury? I just don't get it. If you watch the match you can see ADR catch Sin Cara's hand with his first kick. This probably broke a couple bones in Sin Cara's hand(I know its being reported it was a dislocated finger, but I think its more serious than that.)

I actually thought Sin Cara deserved a lot of credit for going on with the match for a little and getting to a safe spot where he can call for the ref.

Lastly, ADR has injuried other wrestlers in the past and is known to be a little reckless and rough in the ring. So why is Sin Cara getting all the heat?

Can someone please help me understand?

P.s. I am a fan of ADR and not really*a fan of Sin Cara so I don't think I have a bias point of view.

It isn't so much being injury prone, it's that, allegedly, Sin Cara has a shite attitude, and is being a pissant. The guy dislocated a finger. If you're not able to finish a match after that, you probably deserve to get cut.

Your spot on. I don't no why Del Rio was so mad when he probably caused the injury. It is sad though. Cara was not utilized correctly during his short run.

It happened during a dive. How exactly did Del Rio cause it?

I'd also like to personally wish Sin Cara the best in his future endeavors, because something tells me if I don't do it now, I won't have a chance

Look, Kurt Angle won the Olympic Gold Medal with a broken freakin neck.....lol

Seriously though, the heat on Sin Cara is two fold: He sulks when he's told he has to job; Other guys have finished matches or a the very least been fa more discreet that Sin Cara was with a dislocated finger.

This is live television. Unless an injury is serious, the show must go on. If a wrestler legitimately can't continue, the next best thing they can do is end the match quickly with the intended finish.

If anybody honestly thinks No Face couldn't hold out for two more minutes and take the Cross Arm Breaker with a dislocated finger, they're crazy.

Del Rio was visibly pissed, and he had every right to be.

Considering HHH finished a match after suffering a torn quad, I doubt this sits well with him. Was the injury bad enough to cause the match to be shortened, transition to a quick finish, I can't say, but I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt in that situation. It's not like he couldn't have spoken with ADR (no language barrier like most of his opponents) and said I'm hurt, let's do the armbar and go home. Minimal chance of worsening the injury, doesn't cause the average fan to notice, and wouldn't have caused much heat.

A match that ends because of a legit injury should be because of a serious injury, something life threatening or risking paralysis or something along those lines. Guys have finished a match after being temporarily paralyzed, ripping muscle from the bone, Cena just went into the ppv last night with an arm that needed surgery and gritted it out.

I've noticed this is an issue with luchadores. They work such a light style that any kind of pain or injury puts them on the shelf pretty quick.

Goes back to when Cara was first signed, he should have been forced into NXT or FCW at the time. It would have allowed him to learn how to work a real match (not a lucha melee), learn how to speak english, and break this idea out of his head that he's some sort of a huge star. He could have been a big star, he just doesn't have the drive. He'll be fine though, going back to wrestle in the toilet bowl of America, working for pesos.

It isn't so much being injury prone, it's that, allegedly, Sin Cara has a shite attitude, and is being a pissant. The guy dislocated a finger. If you're not able to finish a match after that, you probably deserve to get cut.

I'd also like to personally wish Sin Cara the best in his future endeavors, because something tells me if I don't do it now, I won't have a chance

It looks a lot worst than dislocated fingers. I know those are the reports, but wz has been wrong before. Let's wait until the x-rays come back.

Also the injury didn't happen during the dive. At the very start of the match ADR went to kick Cara and you can notice Cara grab his hand in pain. He tried to let ADR know but ADR kept coming. Once outside of the ring he signaled for the ref.

Looks kinda like Sin Cara has suburban brat syndrome. You know, the kid who's daddy spoils him and so when he's in the real world for a company that's not his dads he sucks. Cara was big shit in Mexico and probably got whatever he wanted. Now he's not that over and has to work.

He could have kept going, we'll never know who's fault it is. Shit like this happens. It's not like ADR dropped him on his head.

I've never seen a wrestler call their own match off before except Ryback and that was a work. Usually in wrestling unless it's the neck or head guys finish the match. What made it worse for Sin Cara is Rollins clearly worked thrree segments with a bad wheel.

Hunico was a much better sin cara then mistico is.
i say fire mistico and let hunico start playing sin cara again. it can be a smash hit. sin cara is a kid fav but sin cara needs to stop getting hurt and quit always fighting alberto del rio. so i think mistico has blown every chance gaven to him

Sin Cara made it look as if the injury happened during his dive, but I don't think it did. Watching the replay of the dive, it didn't look as if anything occurred that could have caused it.

Yes, Del Rio looked genuinely angry, but it's the job of the performers to make it look real, isn't it? I got the feeling he really was mad, causing him to bring a more realistic finish to the contest by kicking the guy when he was down, as it didn't seem necessary to do so after watching Sin Cara signal to the referee, which is something we rarely see. (And, after all, Del Rio had a tough weekend, what with getting attacked in a bar, which might have seemed a lot more serious to him than watching his opponent quit for what appeared to be a minor injury). Or, perhaps he felt as bad for Sin Cara and was just keeping the act going.

Of course, it's easy for us to minimize the pain felt by others; just because we don't feel the injury doesn't mean it isn't real. Yet, we watch wrestlers finish matches with injuries apparently more serious than a dislocated finger (presuming that's all it is).

Although none of us know the inner workings of the company, my initial feeling is that if Sin Cara quit a match because of a bent finger, we may have seen the last of him.

I suffered a double dislocation (both knuckles) and tore two tendons on my finger once playing football. It hurt. A lot. That being said, I was able to joke about it with my friends for several minutes before going to the hospital. I also am not a professional athlete. John Cena was wrestling with what looks like a tennis ball in his elbow. We all know what Triple H and countless others have worked through. So it's hard for me to have much sympathy for Sin Cara in this instance. I feel like they could have gone to a quick finish and gotten him out of there without stopping the match.

Sin Cara has a horrible reputation already. He botches his moves on a regular basis which is just irritating. He has to cut that out and it looked like (I know it was't the case) him screwing up caused a match to end prematurely.

Secondly, it was "only" a dislocated finger. As wrestling fans I think we expect more than that to call of a match. Fucking hell, RVD had to walk out after that. He was probably pissing himself laughing that was something that called of a match. I'm not saying that everyone should be ECW tough, I'm not saying that I'm some tough guy who would laugh of the injury but I just think Wrestling fans have higher standards. This compounded with his record of "botching" it is understandable that fans are disappointed, upset, dismissive.

Considering HHH finished a match after suffering a torn quad, I doubt this sits well with him. Was the injury bad enough to cause the match to be shortened, transition to a quick finish, I can't say, but I'd give the guy the benefit of the doubt in that situation. It's not like he couldn't have spoken with ADR (no language barrier like most of his opponents) and said I'm hurt, let's do the armbar and go home. Minimal chance of worsening the injury, doesn't cause the average fan to notice, and wouldn't have caused much heat.

A match that ends because of a legit injury should be because of a serious injury, something life threatening or risking paralysis or something along those lines. Guys have finished a match after being temporarily paralyzed, ripping muscle from the bone, Cena just went into the ppv last night with an arm that needed surgery and gritted it out.

I've noticed this is an issue with luchadores. They work such a light style that any kind of pain or injury puts them on the shelf pretty quick.

Goes back to when Cara was first signed, he should have been forced into NXT or FCW at the time. It would have allowed him to learn how to work a real match (not a lucha melee), learn how to speak english, and break this idea out of his head that he's some sort of a huge star. He could have been a big star, he just doesn't have the drive. He'll be fine though, going back to wrestle in the toilet bowl of America, working for pesos.

I always wondered how rasict one asshole could be, now I know, so thank you.

Sin Cara and ADR have a pretty rough history down in CCML. They were friends/allies for a while but ADR turned his back first on the 'face' groups and became a heel, then left to try mma and wrestling in japan. Then he signed with WWE and was pushed hard from the start. So there might be some lingering resentment on the part of Sin Cara towards ADR for what he did in their prior promotion, and the relative ease ADR has had in the WWE and converting to wwe style matches. I don't think they've faced each other since CCML and I remember hearing there was some bad blood throughout the CCML locker towards ADR. This could have been a factor in Sin Cara deciding to end the match without a pin or submission to ADR

And if you think luchadores work a light schedule, then that's another sing of your stupidity.

Seems like this has to be basically the last straw for Sin Cara, at least in handling the injury in that way. HHH will think he's weak, ADR is mad at him, and he certainly doesn't have a clean history.

Hunico was a much better sin cara then mistico is.
i say fire mistico and let hunico start playing sin cara again. it can be a smash hit. sin cara is a kid fav but sin cara needs to stop getting hurt and quit always fighting alberto del rio. so i think mistico has blown every chance gaven to him

Hahaha, isn't that something? Years back when Hunico took over the gimmick, he was a lot smoother and more impressive in the ring. Had Hunico stayed under the Sin Cara mask, you'd probably have a very over luchador star on the roster. too bad the gimmick was tailor made for Mystico, a guy whose star power did not translate to the WWE at all.

This match result really bothered me. I would've preferred it if Cara could have just been counted out, like selling that high risk dive. Anything would've been better than what we saw, although Del Rio's temper tantrum was really good. I feel worse for Del Rio, someone who works very, very hard to get mild crowd reactions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back