Signature Moves Being Stolen

Phenomenal One

Dark Match Jobber
I haven't posted anything for a while or even watched wrestling, so if this thread has been made, sorry, i didn't know. So i put on smackdown because i heard the undertaker had a match, shortly after that theres a divas match (oh god!) but i see the ending and.... Michelle McCool does the STYLES CLASH to Victoria.... WTF?!?!?!!! this is total BS, in my opinion thats HIS signature and ONLY his. That then made me start thinking of other wrestlers who shouldn't have their signatures stolen like the Canadian Destroyer, Stunner, etc...

So i wanted to know your guys' opinion on this: Should wrestlers take other wrestlers' signatures? Or does it matter? And whose Sigs shouldn't be stolen?

Are you fucking serious?

All moves are stolen from previous generations. So because one wrestler popularized the move, it means others shouldn't do it? :rolleyes:

This kind of goes back to the drama that stirred up when HHH used the Crippler Crossface...

It is known as Benoit's move, but Malenko "created" it, and showed it to Benoit...

I think that using a wrestler's signature move is only a way of paying respect to them...

McCool also did the ankle lock. McCool is awesomeness, but that's another subject altogether.

On the other hand, I'd like to see it a tad more in big matches where they mock an opponent's finisher,

I hate that bitch so much.

I think if I shaved her head, She'd look like a bulging pencil.

I think that anyone can have whatever signature move they like, provided that there's no one else in the same promotion with the same sig move. If there is, then they need to add some kind of variation i.e. Taker goes up on the balls of his feet, and drops to his knees, and then folds the arms over the chest, whereas Kane simply drops to his knees and holds the arms out to the side.

See i personally would have said back in the day that BOTH Edge and Christian ripped off Gangrel with the Impaler DDT, but what i said above is how i feel about it now.

If using a move you didn't invent is considered stealing, then Bret Hart stole the Sharpshooter from Riki Chōshū, and Shawn Michaels stole the superkick from Chris Adams.

I rest my case.

Are you fucking serious?

All moves are stolen from previous generations. So because one wrestler popularized the move, it means others shouldn't do it? :rolleyes:

ACTUALLY, all wrestling moves are stolen from Japan and Mexico. Well cept for anything that looks like a modified armbar or any simplistic shit like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back