Should WWE move the Intercontinental Title to ECW?

thewrestlinghero

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well this has been bugging me for the last year or so and i wondering should wwe put the interioncial title on ecw they rarely defended the title on raw anyway and half of there mid card wrestlers are not even being used i mean they are but only in tag match or mix tag matches etc. for example they had cryme tyme and melina vs santino marella dolph ziggler and beth pheniox instead of haveing a mix tag match that wasted 10 mintes could of been used for a promo about someone wanting the ic title but i can understand why they did not do it cause they want to show off cryme tyme melina and glameralla but thats getting off topic if the belt was on ecw Wrestlers like tyson kid dj gabrial jamie noble ricky ortiz mark henrey paul burchill etc. could be top contenders for that title and if they dont have a enough talent they can have other wrestlers come to ecw to challenge for it like kofi knox and ziggler but yeah do you think the interioncal should be on ecw instead of raw or should it be on raw and rarley be defended

So they move it to ECW where it has an even lesser chance of being defended, as its only a one hour show that usually can barely squeeze in 3 matches due to all the commercial/promo/rewind time?

Or so the IC title will lose even more credibility because the ECW roster is filled with a bunch of garbage like Boogeyman, Ricky Ortiz, DJ Gabriel, and your next run of the mill Braden Walker/KC James/Scotty Goldman/Gavin Spears/Ryan Braddock guys?

No way. Its not as bad as the "should Beth Phoenix win the IC title?" idea that was just brought up, but its an unnecessary move that would be nothing but a downgrade for the IC title.

Well this has been bugging me for the last year or so and i wondering should wwe put the interioncial title on ecw they rarely defended the title on raw anyway

I dunno where you've been the past two months...IC tournament and several defenses.

i mean they are but only in tag match or mix tag matches etc. for example they had cryme tyme and melina vs santino marella dolph ziggler and beth pheniox instead of haveing a mix tag match that wasted 10 mintes could of been used for a promo about someone wanting the ic title but i can understand why they did not do it cause they want to show off cryme tyme melina and glameralla but thats getting off topic

And if they didn't have that match, you'd be complaining that half the mid card wrestlers are not being used.

and half of there mid card wrestlers are not even being used

Oh...wait :rolleyes:

if the belt was on ecw Wrestlers like tyson kid dj gabrial jamie noble ricky ortiz mark henrey paul burchill etc. could be top contenders for that title

WOW the creme de la creme of WWE there. Kidd, Ortiz, Noble, Gabriel are NOT midcarders, they are low carders.

and if they dont have a enough talent they can have other wrestlers come to ecw to challenge for it like kofi knox and ziggler

So one of the reasons you want the IC belt on ECW is so that Raw superstars can come and win it?

but yeah do you think the interioncal should be on ecw instead of raw
No

or should it be on raw and rarley be defended
It is defended on Raw, more so than it will be on ECW that's for sure, a 1 hour show is not long enough to have two belts on, let alone one like the IC belt.

Oh and it's INTERCONTINENTAL

What's the point in this? Why put the "mid card" title on the least watched show? They have their own title already. It's not like the show is overflowing with talent or anything. It would just be a waste of time as the IC belt is more or less the same as the ECW belt already. This would kill any credibility that the belt has left which isn't something that you need to do. Just a bad idea all around.

I'm going to assume you mean Intercontinental.

Lets looks at the facts, the IC title has been held by the following over the past year: Jeff Hardy, Chris Jericho, Kofi Kingston, Santino Marella, William Regal and CM Punk. Now, even disregarding Jericho and Jeff, the only people on ECW who are over as much as them are Henry, Swagger, Finlay, Miz, Dreamer, Morrison and Christian. Miz and Morrison are ubiquitous and were both in the tournament, and the other 5 are challengers for the ECW title.

This means either one of two things, either you would end up demoting the ECW title to being the joint highest title on the card, which is ******ed, or you take the title off CM Punk, the most over midcarder in the entire WWE, and give it to Boogeyman, who is a midcarder by ECW standards. He could then feud with Ricky "a towel is my gimmick" Ortiz, DJ Gaylord, Long John Burchill and Tyson Kidd who has had approximately 42 seconds of ring time.

In short:

There isn't enough time on ECW
The roster isn't big enough
The roster isn't good enough
The ECW title isn't sufficiently better than it
The Raw midcard need something to fight for
So you are wrong

I do think they should move the interioncial title to ECW. As for the Intercontinental Title, I think its fine where it is on Raw. I mean, before you'd ever wanna move the IC Title away from Raw to ECW, you'd rather wanna bring back an old title if a secondary title is so badly needed on ECW (such as the Cruiserweight Title, Hardcore Title, etc etc).

This is gonna sound like a multitude of thread replies but if the IC isnt getting a look in on Raw where all the stars of WWE are supposed to be & the legends frequently appear ,how can it get a bigger look in or any prestige in ECW.
In time,when ECWs future is settled,they CoulD bring back the TV title that someone else suggested .with the low card getting a spot ever week & a title match of admitedly little prestige,but valuable TV time,,to introduce the latest FCWers & get over the fans with.
In theory,Raw & SD having two titles & tag/wms in reserve ShoulD be enough.The fact that none but the World titles are getting a look in lately is .probably for sake of WM plot,but admitedly cause for much Forum concern,but I dont think a move to ECW is the answer.

Well this has been bugging me for the last year or so and i wondering should wwe put the interioncial title on ecw they rarely defended the title on raw anyway and half of there mid card wrestlers are not even being used i mean they are but only in tag match or mix tag matches etc. for example they had cryme tyme and melina vs santino marella dolph ziggler and beth pheniox instead of haveing a mix tag match that wasted 10 mintes could of been used for a promo about someone wanting the ic title but i can understand why they did not do it cause they want to show off cryme tyme melina and glameralla but thats getting off topic if the belt was on ecw Wrestlers like tyson kid dj gabrial jamie noble ricky ortiz mark henrey paul burchill etc. could be top contenders for that title and if they dont have a enough talent they can have other wrestlers come to ecw to challenge for it like kofi knox and ziggler but yeah do you think the interioncal should be on ecw instead of raw or should it be on raw and rarley be defended

The Intercontinental Heavyweight Championship was once a title of honor and prestige, since around the late 90's it has suffered and lost some credibility but if it went to ECW it would loose even more because of the quality of opposition and it would loose visual quality as less people will see it defended. It's fine where it is and Punk is doing a fine job as champion.

they should definitly not do that!

first of all, the ecw roster is way to thin. second, raw has god a huge midcard, therefore they need the ic belt. also, with the history this belt got, it would be a waste on the c-show.

i've already said this in another thread, anyway i'm gonna repeat myself: they should bring back the cruiserweight title on ecw, and of course enlarge the ecw roster with the cruiserweights of raw and smackdown. the hardcore title would also be an option, but not a realstic one.

so all in all, no, the ic belt has to stay on raw! (so does the us title on smackdown)

I have to honestly say that ECW sucks!
It would be better if they gave it a differant name!
ecW was about relaxed rules!
Now Ecw is about punishing Tna or others!
I really think ECW would be better as Nitro...

But a secondary title would be nice....
How about the hardcore title?

First and foremost, E.C.W. already has a mid-card title. It's called the E.C.W. Championship. :lmao: Secondly, the show is only 1 hour. Unless my idea of making the title being regularly defended on television only would come into play.. there just isn't enough space to push new talent, and attempt defending and running storylines for two titles in an hour show. I get Raw used to be an hour, and blah blah blah, but times changed and for good reason.

The Intercontinental Championship needs to stay right where it is, on Raw, because it's the W.W.E.'s flagship show, with their flagship mid-card title. Perfect fit.

I'm fine with the Champion defending the title on E.C.W. from time to time, pretty much how other titles randomly get defended on opposite brands. (Tag titles, anyone?) But to switch brands of what title it's held on just isn't a good idea. The show isn't built for more than 1 title.

If the IC title were to be put on ECW than it would lose all credibility. When would the belt get defended in a decent match? Who would be the IC champ? The only people I could see on ECW holding the IC title are Finley(probably wouldn't be a good reign unless he was heel again), the miz or morrison but since they're the tag team champs, it wouldn't work.

No i don't think they should move the ic title to ecw because you couldn't really do much with it you would proabaly have a title shot every other week and maybe a small feud with the ecw title and thats about it. I think they should instead bring back the hardcore title afterall wouldn't that fit in with ecw a bit more than ic and ecw would finally have a second title and there would be a lot you could do with that especially if they brought back the title can change hands at any time rule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back